ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE - ACC TOURNEY QUARTERS - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

It sucks that we have so many fair weather fans on this board that gave up on this team early second half.

While that may be true - when has this team shown the ability to get back into games when down double digits? so its hard to beat fans with a stick on an outcome that is somewhat a rarity this season.
This does provide a lot of hope though and maybe belief within the team that they are capable of being a National Champion...i am sure we are all cheering for that!

Wow what a game! I'm honestly more happy with today's game then any all year. I can't stop smiling! I can't wait till tomorrow!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Great game, I was really proud of our team's grit and determination. I'm so glad I was able to make it down to the Barclay Center. Our guys were very dialed in down the stretch. The communication on the defensive end was excellent. The team really rallied around Grayson when it seemed like that guy, was it Levitch(?), tried to get a rise out of him. The crowd's animosity toward Grayson was totally over the top. I did an informal poll of people around me, mostly Louisville, Syracuse, and heel fans, and most thought Grayson had tripped people between 5-10 times. It's ridiculous.
Most importantly we got the win. The team chemistry looked good. Next up heels. It'll be a tough matchup but we can beat them again.

It was huge! It wasn't the best zone I've ever seen (thankfully Louisville can't shoot) but it was effective. Louisville was rattled and not even looking to penetrate.

This is a really good win for this team. Now let's beat the hell out of Carolina.

I'm officially calling it the "L-zone" defense in honor of Louisville. It's only effective against the Cards.
And yes, let's beat the tar out of the Heels, and off their Heels (whoops, that aint't tar!)

GTHC, GTH

Reactions: dbav and skysdad
While that may be true - when has this team shown the ability to get back into games when down double digits? so its hard to beat fans with a stick on an outcome that is somewhat a rarity this season.
This does provide a lot of hope though and maybe belief within the team that they are capable of being a National Champion...i am sure we are all cheering for that!

That's still called a fair weather fan. That was his point.

It's Carolina. Trust me, there's gas in the tank. Were we to make it to Saturday and play an FSU or ND then I'd maybe question whether we can do it or not.

If you can't get up for the Hells, I mean Heels, you ain't a Duke player!

OFC

Reactions: dbav
It's Carolina. Trust me, there's gas in the tank. Were we to make it to Saturday and play an FSU or ND then I'd maybe question whether we can do it or not.

Gas on the bench too - would be nice to steal some minutes when Roy puts in his second string....maybe inside with V and get Giles some more minutes. I'm sure the team will get up for it though

I may get railed on here for thinking this but if we can beat UNC tomorrow I really wouldn't care if we lost the championship game. I'd rather we use all the gas we have tomorrow night to beat them and, if we do, run on fumes for Saturday's game.

It sucks that we have so many fair weather fans on this board that gave up on this team early second half.
I lost faith. I'll admit it. 9 assists though... We were fortunate they bricked a bunch of freebies. We played with heart, but we consistently have to hit harder shots than our opponents because of zero ball movement and because we have success going one on one. Nevermind all that. I'm happy with the win. We can work on passing with our brand new team next year.

Reactions: sheyduke
I may get railed on here for thinking this but if we can beat UNC tomorrow I really wouldn't care if we lost the championship game. I'd rather we use all the gas we have tomorrow night to beat them and, if we do, run on fumes for Saturday's game.

You won't get any argument from me. I'll take a win over the Heels, and lose the ACCT championship. I could live with that, because I don't know if we're able to win 4 in 4.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad

I'm just taking the one game at a time approach. If we knock off the holes, then of course I'm going to want to win it all for our troubles and I can't imagine we couldn't beat anyone in front of us at that point.

I lost faith. I'll admit it. 9 assists though... We were fortunate they bricked a bunch of freebies. We played with heart, but we consistently have to hit harder shots than our opponents because of zero ball movement and because we have success going one on one. Nevermind all that. I'm happy with the win. We can work on passing with our brand new team next year.

A lot of us lost faith. We knew it was a tough matchup going in and it only got tougher. We couldn't guard Louisville or their shadow in transition or when they spread us out which was happening in snowball fashion. The switch to zone defense changed it all up. But it also took a hell of an effort making tough shots by our guys to make the comeback. At any point we could have given up, pointed fingers and moved on to the ncaa tournament. We did that earlier in the year. We didn't do that today. A lot had to happen for us to pull that out with the hole we dug. We did it and I'm proud as heck

So, what did I miss?

A great comeback by Duke, Grayson's resurrection, Big Game Luke shaking off shooting woes to knock down big shot after big shot, Jayson Tatum carving up Louisville's press, K utilizing the zone against Louisville, and turning the game around. Other than that, not much!

OFC

Reactions: Jnood
I'd really like to see a 2 guard lineup today. Just give me a 2/3 zone with Amile/Harry/Jayson for 4 minutes. I'm so curious to see what happens. If we trap with active hands, I bet it would work. I'm not sure what we do on offense, but maybe let Luke and Jayson just work off screens and have Harry and Amile crashing glass. It can't be that bad.
We never went all the way big, but one step closer. I'm very curious how it would work on offense.

Like I always say, Duke has the talent to win all day every day no matter who they are playing. How can u pick against that! So happy to get this win. I'm going out to celebrate tonight and getting ready for the holes tomorrow!

Let's Go Duke!!

PS! Awesome zone defense!!

It won't show up in the box score. But I thought Bolden gave us a great 4 minutes. He made multiple deflections on rebounds that gave us second chances, and his defense was excellent!!!

Reactions: pisgah101
This team did not want to lose today and having a player like Kennard is awesome at the end of games. How did everyone like the big east move Pitino made bringing in little Pitino jr. to hack,chop and try to get under Grayson's skin?

Reactions: DukeDenver
I feel like we got the gas for sure. I honestly felt like the first halves of the two games we did some coasting. And talking about Lville free throws we missed quite a few too

This team did not want to lose today and having a player like Kennard is awesome at the end of games. How did everyone like the big east move Pitino made bringing in little Pitino jr. to hack,chop and try to get under Grayson's skin?
Too bad Grayson isn't as easy as a cocktail waitress

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT