ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS BRYANT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Marshall and amile are rebounding machines.
Matt kinda reminds me of Nolan in his progression. I know they are different type players, but Matts career started slow and only two games into the season he seems to be a new player. I can't wait to see him continue this year and next.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Matt is smokin'! 5 of 6 from behind the arc! Matt with 19 points and Grayson with 15!

OFC

Duke 97
Bryant 55

My first post in a while. My wife was in a terrible car accident in September and I've been living at the hospital ever since. She is finally out of the ICU and in stable condition (6 weeks in the ICU). The accident was a head-on collision with a semi going 60 mph. No alcohol or distracted driving was involved; just a freak accident. The other two people involved sustained minor injuries and were released from the hospital the day of the accident. My wife was not so lucky. She lost her blood 3 times over in the first 24 hours. The trauma surgeons said she would not have survived had it not been for the helicopter that life-flighted her to the hospital in less than 4 minutes (it would have been a 30 minute trip in an ambulance). She has gone through 14 surgeries to repair numerous fractures in her arms and legs and to repair injuries to many of her vital organs. She is not completely out of the woods yet. She is still battling some infections, but it seems to be under control. Amazingly, she suffered no neurological or spinal damage.

She is my hero and truly is the strongest person I know.

I hooked up the laptop to the TV in her room yesterday and we were able to watch the game together. It is the first of many small steps back to a normal life. The game lifted her spirits because she was so excited to see all the new faces and cheer on her new favorite player (now that Cook is gone), Grayson Allen. She's excited to watch the game today and hopes to see another blowout.

FTB So sorry to hear what you and your wife have been through. Prayers up for you and your wife.

We still look very mechanical on offense, nothing runs smooth. We go into defense we looked prepared and relaxed. Still need a little work on Defense in the paint. When we get into smooth comfortable operation on offense, this team may kick a LOT of ass. Throw some ice water on MATT, his ass is on FIRE!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Grayson is going to draw tons of fouls with his awesome takes to the basket this season. Kid never wound down after throttling Wisky. He's playin like a Rock Star now.

Thornton is playing well IMO.....hes been on campus for 2-3 months now. Still so young.

Is it me or is Bryant just draining 3's?

I know it's Bryant but we're shooting the ball well. Nice to see Ingram playing well. Free throw shooting is a whole lot better. so far the first two games. Captain Marshall means business. Good to see Matt playing well. It might take a little time for Thornton. Needs a breakout game like against UK. Can't remember how Tyus did his first few games. Would love to see Chase get on track some tonight. Wondering a little about Obi. Looks like it's gonna be a 8 or 9 man rotation if Obi comes around. OFC

Better shooting from Ingram and Kennard, book it !

Good call.

Just turned on the game. Offense looks potent. Seems like Bryant has a lot of points. How does our D look?

I think we will force a lot of teams to scramble just to keep up with the O.

Vrank in before obi so that prob tells us how much he'll get to play.. As for our D I like it! Buy Bryant is raining threes!

A little concerned about our 3 point D tonight. Too many shots by Bryant and way too many made. In fact Bryant has shot the ball well. from the field. OFC

Reactions: vcugreg
Not a complaint, but why is Obi not seeing the floor when there is only 5 minutes left and up by so much? Not doing as good in practice maybe? Just strange for a transfer to be so burried on the bench. Again, not a complaint... just curious.

Grayson is the Man...that is all. Much better performance all around for the team. Even Vrankovic looked decent in his short stint.

Obi ain't gunna get any time if Vrank plays like he did in his little time. Obi last night in his small time looked lost and Vrank didn't. I'm excited about this team but I do wish Grayson was capable of being that guy from the title game.. Oh wait:D

Reactions: vcugreg
Either Obi is not well or he hasn't been doing what is eXpected in practice. OFC

Whew Grayson is something fierce. This kid is impressive.

Much better shooting for Brandon tonight.

Loved this teams effort, they don't seem to lack it at all.

Perimeter defense was a little disappointing honestly.

Love watching Marshall! And Chase also!

Finally like the way Jefferson carries himself on the court.

Vrank is a large man people. I think he makes a name for himself before he's gone. He's very confident around the hoop. Everyone played well, I'm still worried about Thornton though. Hoping he will get up to speed soon. Kentucky is going to kill us in the paint.

Freshmen did better than last game. Ingram had much better outside shooting pace and balance than last night. He was jacking up the 3s a bit like a hot potato last night. Good to see him settle down and get set before the release. Luke still a bit indecisive with regards to drive or shoot. I guess he still needs a few more games to realize that some of the drives he did in high school won't be there now and he needs to re-calibrate his drive vs shooting instinct. Same with DT's drive. He is still forcing. Chase needs to get stronger. Hope he gets some touches in the post and gets the chance to improve even if it costs us a few possessions. Amile has some really nice moves now, which he didn't have in his first year or two.

Bryant hit a lot of contested threes....but overall the defense looked good....gave up a few easy attempts at the basket when rotating...ready for kentucky....was Wendell Carter at the game?

Reactions: pisgah101
Much better all around.

Thornton was a lot better and his last 5 mins showed what he is capable of.

Obi with the message sit tonight.

I've been telling you about Matt since the summer. He is on the same progression arc that he followed in high school. He will be a first or second team All-ACC player this season.

Marshall and Amile are giving great relief down low.

Post players are still a little out of position in the zone.

Shooting was much better. Better shot prep by all.

Chase has infectious energy.

Luke will break out against UK.

Liked everything I saw. Very fun team... Lotta great line ups. Not sure about concern on DT... He is what I expected 2 games in

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT