ADVERTISEMENT

Duke offers JJ Starling

BlueDevilStop

Starter
Jun 8, 2020
Four star point guard out of New York. A look at the Duke target:

Reactions: DBM0828
I personally love the idea of bringing in multiple 4 star point guards and running a two PG backcourt. Worked pretty well in 2015.
Not exactly an apples to apples comparison. 2015 had a senior and a freshman, both were McDonald's All-Americans and the freshman went to the NBA after one season.

Reactions: bullettoothtony
Not exactly an apples to apples comparison. 2015 had a senior and a freshman, both were McDonald's All-Americans and the freshman went to the NBA after one season.

Exactly, and that's what I was getting at, jn. I should have been more clear.

Nothing against Starling at all... in the absence of other information it just seemed curious. If he was a Top 5 player in his class like Tyus was I doubt I would've mentioned it.

From the videos that were provided, he looks solid, not spectacular. If he improves his ranking up to about 25-30, he'll be right where Grayson and a number of others were. I wonder if Jon is casting a wider net. Remember he needs bodies for next year.

Fair enough. Poor comparison on my part. With that said I still like the idea of having a couple of multi year point guards similar to what Baylor had this past year.

We need a PG in case Roach decides to move on after this year. (50-50 imo) Blakes is solid but I'm not sure he's a featured PG type, at least not early on. We will find out soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT