ADVERTISEMENT

Dominance so far this season

lyonhawk

All American
Sep 8, 2003
I think it sometimes gets lost because we seem to struggle for stretches, but this team has been dominant like the late 90s early 00s teams. So far through 22 games, we've only had 5 decided by less than 10 points (Auburn, Gonzaga, FSU, Syracuse, UVA). During 3 of those 5 we were missing at least one star player for half the game due to injury/illness (2 of the 3 were still wins). We also have 13 wins by 20 or more points.

It's amazing how good this team has been from the start and I'm more confident going into March than I've been since '02.

Tis years team is an incredible assemblage of talent. However the achiles heel is the abilty to hit from outside. I am a Cam Reddish fan. He plays great defence. However, so far Cam is the worst great shooter I have ever seen. Should that change and he find his touch again on a consisitant basis the sky is the limit...

Reactions: TheDude1
This team plays defense. Not too many recent Duke teams, if any, played quality defense.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Defense plus Bolden and Cam have emerged, making us solid at all 5 positions. We are improving which is nice to see with the gauntlet arriving.

Reactions: Quavarius
Tis years team is an incredible assemblage of talent. However the achiles heel is the abilty to hit from outside. I am a Cam Reddish fan. He plays great defence. However, so far Cam is the worst great shooter I have ever seen. Should that change and he find his touch again on a consisitant basis the sky is the limit...

Was he really considered a great shooter before coming to Duke? I thought he was just a McGrady type that could score and be a playmaker. Being a spot up 3 pointer is a transition for him

I think Cam participated in the HS 3 point contest. Was he a great shooter? :rolleyes:

CBS top 16 seeds selection show has Duke as the overall #1 seed in Washington with Michigan as the 2 seed. I'm sure that will change before the tournament starts.

I’m gonna go ahead and follow the theme here: defense. Reminds me of throwback Duke teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT