ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd and the benefits of College BB

denverexpat

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 1, 2006
Not a huge fan of his but I thought this was a 4 min opinion piece that was on the mark...College BB has many benefits lest we forget these are 18 yo's on the floor

Reactions: timo0402
He’s spot on. Great piece. Watched him last week do a piece on coaching. He said to find the right guy, don’t worry about staying in the family.

K wasn’t a Duke guy, Dabo wasn’t a Clemson guy...

Last edited:
I don't know who this Colin Cowherd guy is.
I do remember listening to a guy Colin CowTurd, believe ESPN didn't renew his contract, he went to Fox. Same ol' lame boring takes.

Reactions: PixelDevil
I actually enjoy him although he does a great job of talking out of both sides of his mouth. He usually goes with the contrarian take- having said that this piece was pretty good. And to be fair to Colin, he had already decided to go to Fox, he made the choice not ESPN. He couldn’t get out of that cesspool fast enough.

Reactions: skysdad
Cowherd's schtick gets old after awhile, but I think he's one of the better ones. And maybe the best at doing a solo show. He is always extremely respectful of Coach K and Duke.

Reactions: hart2chesson
He’s an arrogant douche but before the tournament in 2010 he said “watch out for Duke”.

He farts in a plastic bag,ties it around his head and deeply inhales till he passes out.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
I guess I'm in the minority but I actually like Colin Cowherd. I think he brings a business viewpoint to his show and he seems to me to be a big Duke fan which is all that matters.

Amen Liftee, hes a big K fan!!!!

I actually enjoy him although he does a great job of talking out of both sides of his mouth. He usually goes with the contrarian take- having said that this piece was pretty good. And to be fair to Colin, he had already decided to go to Fox, he made the choice not ESPN. He couldn’t get out of that cesspool fast enough.

That's a good way to describe him because he does talk out of both sides of his mouth. Sometimes I agree with him then at other times I just think he's looney. OFC

I do like Mark Packer even though he sounds so much like his father. Packer seems like the kind of guy who it would be fun to have a beer with.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I listened...it's not that long. Don't like the guy? Fine. Don't like his schtick? Understand. Does he make a good point? Yep. It's worth a listen.

I don't listen to Cowherd enough to give a real informed opinion. As others have stated, he's always been pretty fair to Duke and to Coach K specifically.

This piece is pretty good. Hard to argue with what he's saying.

It’s a very good piece. I have felt this way for years. The biggest reason my love for the NBA has died. It’s watered down with boys never developing and realizing their full potential. I have a friend that tries to convince me this era of the NBA is better than the 80s/90s. I horse laugh him every time he brings it up. I think about the frontlines of the Knicks, Celtics, Bulls and Pistons of that era just to name a few and how they would dismantle some of these teams in today’s NBA.

I have a friend that tries to convince me this era of the NBA is better than the 80s/90s. I horse laugh him every time he brings it up. I think about the frontlines of the Knicks, Celtics, Bulls and Pistons of that era just to name a few and how they would dismantle some of these teams in today’s NBA.

Preach Honk!! AGREED!

Reactions: skysdad
It’s a very good piece. I have felt this way for years. The biggest reason my love for the NBA has died. It’s watered down with boys never developing and realizing their full potential. I have a friend that tries to convince me this era of the NBA is better than the 80s/90s. I horse laugh him every time he brings it up. I think about the frontlines of the Knicks, Celtics, Bulls and Pistons of that era just to name a few and how they would dismantle some of these teams in today’s NBA.

I think it's the changing of the game, though, too. In the 80s and 90s there was never more than one or two 'good' shooters on the court at any given time. Today you have teams with three or four good shooters (at one time) and on the rare occasion even a fifth. Also, some of those front lines would have tough times guarding team's today because of the change. Also, the game back then was much more physical.

I'm not saying one way is better than the other (I'm a huge NBA fan of the 80s and 90s, as well as today), but I'm always apprehensive saying it was better back then, for anything. Maybe because I'm scared to start sounding like my dad every day. Of course, he walked uphill to school both ways, too. Guy had it rough.

Reactions: jwill133
Preach Honk!! AGREED!

That's the generation gap to bring back an old term. A lot of young fans have no idea of how good these players were from jordan to Bird, to Jabbar to Magic to Thomas to Russell to Chamberlain to Robertson to Maravich to Irving to Malone to Miller etc etc. I named some player from the 60's and 70's. NBA great basketball players. Just a note on the Pistal. He was doing things ball handling wise 50 years ago like the cross over and step back jumper shot that a lot of NBA players can't even do today. Can we just imagine if any of the above players today would be just great. Just think is they were on the AAU circuit how much even better. OFC

Really solid take. I also like that it was delivered with sincerity and even some empathy, rather than just being critical in pursuit of cheap laughs.

Wow that rant made too much sense. I’ve never understood why NBA has never put value on education or maturity.

Wow that rant made too much sense. I’ve never understood why NBA has never put value on education or maturity.
I wouldn’t say they never have but it’s certainly not something that is as high as it potentially should be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT