ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K Stat-Tracker

2013-2014 may have been to hardest and possibly worst job K has done since at Duke....

so to respond with a Title this season and to mold these kids into the defensive stallworths they were at the end is so remarkable. Between so many transfers and dismissals, scandals, K instilled incredible drive into these guys.

He is truly the master.

1043 as of right now. Here's to hoping for 1083 by this time next year!

Well, get ready to fire up this ticker, here comes the W's !

I see him getting at least 1,200 wins before he retires. He may get that many at Duke if he chooses to stay on. I know that may be stretching things a little but he shows no signs of stopping. OFC

Coach Boeheim is ony around 70 wins behind and could conceivably catch Coach K were K to retire.

"Coach Boeheim is ony around 70 wins behind and could conceivably catch Coach K were K to retire."

Boeheim had like 100+ wins taken away. Also, Jimmy is older than K. Also, this thread is about K.

Hmmm. Let me see if I can explain my post about Coach K. As a Coach K fan I want to see him compete and win against formidable coaching competition for all-time coaching wins, the closest of which is Coach Boeheim. So when I reference the Syracuse coach it is reference to his being behind a bit within striking distance of Coach K. Get it?

"Coach Boeheim is ony around 70 wins behind and could conceivably catch Coach K were K to retire."

Boeheim had like 100+ wins taken away. Also, Jimmy is older than K. Also, this thread is about K.

Hmmm. Let me see if I can explain my post about Coach K. As a Coach K fan I want to see him compete and win against formidable coaching competition for all-time coaching wins, the closest of which is Coach Boeheim. So when I reference the Syracuse coach it is reference to his being behind a bit within striking distance of Coach K. Get it?
I don’t know if I’d say that Boeheim is within striking distance of Coach K. Boeheim is currently 174 career wins behind Coach K, so the only way he could conceivably catch and pass Coach K would be if he were to coach for at least 7-8 years after Coach K retires and averaged 25 wins per season over those 7-8 seasons. I just don’t see that happening because he’s 73 and Coach K is 71 and I believe Coach K will Coach for at least another 3-5 years if he remains healthy and keeps his passion for coaching, so if Coach K were to coach another 3-5 years which would put him between 74-76 years old, so with Boeheim being 73, if he were to coach for another 7-8 years after Coach K retires then that would put him coaching for around another 10-13 years which put him at 83-86 years old and I just don’t him coaching that long.

I noticed that no one has updated the Coach K Stat Tracker in quite some time, so I thought I’d update it. According to Coach K’s Wikipedia Page he’s at 1132 career wins overall and 1059 wins at Duke. He should reach 1200+ career wins overall sometime in the next 2-3 seasons and he should reach 1100+ wins at Duke sometime during the 2020-21 season.

I noticed that no one has updated the Coach K Stat Tracker in quite some time, so I thought I’d update it. According to Coach K’s Wikipedia Page he’s at 1132 career wins overall and 1059 wins at Duke. He should reach 1200+ career wins overall sometime in the next 2-3 seasons and he should reach 1100+ wins at Duke sometime during the 2020-21 season.

Thanks for the update!

That's impressive and I care what his critics think of his coaching.OFC

Reactions: dukehokie
Coach K passes a legend.

1. Bobby Knight - 902
2. Coach K - 880
3. Dean Smith - 879
4. Adolph Rupp - 876
I still remember this game like it was yesterday and i still have a picture on my phone that I took during the game because I was there at the Greensboro Coliseum. We only saw about half of the game live because we were late for the game due to traffic and we left early to beat traffic because Duke was up by around 40 points when we left. We got to our seats about 7 minutes into the game and left with about 7 minutes left in the game. It’s still the one and only Duke game that I’ve ever been to.

I usually check Coach K’s Wikipedia page to keep track of his wins but it hasn’t been updated since he got his 1150th win against Syracuse for whatever reason. We’ve won 2 more games since then so that would put him at 1152 wins overall and 1079 wins at Duke.

Last edited:
Coach K is at 1155 careers wins now according to sports reference website. As a bonus fact, according to sports reference website he’ll coach his 1400th career game late in the season next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: timo0402
1160 Dec. 16 2020 @ ND

i hate when they show K’s record on television and they only show his record at Duke. Nothing wrong with that, but they never make the distinction from his all time record and his record only at Duke.
I had to argue with a dumb fan who claimed K won 1,000 games twice. Yeah.....

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT