ADVERTISEMENT

Coach K Stat-Tracker

Win #955, a 73-61 victory in the NCAA tournament over Albany. Not Duke's greatest performance, but it is win and advance time now. Go Devils!
fighting0014.r191677.gif

Win #956 for Coach K, a 66-50 hard fought victory over Creighton in the NCAA Tournament. Also, win number 2,000 for the storied Duke program. Tip of the hat to Coach K and to Duke. Now it is on to Indy!
party0004.r191677.gif

Number 957 now in the books, a 71-61 win over Michigan State to move into the Elite 8. Great win for Coach K and the Blue Devils. Duke on the way to the elite eight, while UNC is at home sitting on a crate!
laugh.r191677.gif

The next wins will have some nice new names attached, Parker, Hood, Ojeleye, Jones, man, I cannot wait!

Originally posted by dukiejay:
He's already one of the best coaches in all of sports, but this year Coach K chases Dean Smith and Bobby Knight to become the all-time winningest coach in NCAA men's basketball. Only 12 wins to pass Dean, and 35 to pass his mentor, Bobby Knight. Passing Smith this season is a foregone conclusion....but can he catch Knight this year?

1. Bobby Knight - 902
2. Dean Smith - 879
3. Coach K - 868

It starts tonight!
Coach K is one of the best coaches of all time

We're at 970 now aren't we? Or is it 971?.... uhhhh DJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how about a andre dawkins 3 pt tracker?...i think he recently moved into the top 10 3pt fg made all time at duke

Coach K wins his 973rd game overall and 900th as coach of Duke as the Devils romp over Florida State 78-56. Now the Blue Devils and Coach K have to prepare for a tough week, at Pitt and at Syracuse. Go Blue Devils!
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by dukiejay:
This your new job Heyman!
DJ, I was not trying to infringe on your site. I had updated it some last year but figured it would go back to its originator. I will continue if that is what you want.

The Blue Devils had their best half of the season as they give Coach K his 974th coaching victory (#901 at Duke) with a convincing 80-65 victory over Pitt. Duke served notice that they are back in the running for ACC and national honors. On a side note, that crowd at Pitt is lame compared to the Cameron Crazies. Now it is on to Syracuse where the boys will give the Orange their first loss of the year. Go Duke!

Originally posted by Showenuff:
Heck yes Heyman! Nice post sir!
Thanks Show! Bet you did not know I was a sportswriter briefly for our town's local newspaper.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Heyman25:
Originally posted by Showenuff:
Heck yes Heyman! Nice post sir!
Thanks Show! Bet you did not know I was a sportswriter briefly for our town's local newspaper.
3dsmile.r191677.gif
Duke and Coach K fall a little short in their bid for victory #975. Great game to watch. Shame it came down to a no call at the end. The boys and GOAT will gather themselves together and get ready for Wake Forest. I can say, as a Duke fan for nearly 55 years, I have never been any more proud of an effort by the boys in royal blue. Go Blue Devils!

Duke rides the double figure scoring of Jabari, Rasheed and Andre to propel the Blue Devils to an 83-63 victory over Wake Forest. Coach K gets his 975th overall victory and his 902nd as Duke's coach. Now it is on to Boston College on Saturday before the Blue Devils travel to Chapel Hill next week. Go Duke!

Coach K captures his 976th overall win (903 as Duke coach) as Duke steam rolls Boston College in the second half for an 89-68 victory. Jabari Parker has his best game as a Duke player with career highs of 29 points and 16 rebounds. Quinn Cook looked great shooting and in overall confidence. Parker should pay for Rasheed's meals all next week with all the great passes he received. Great team victory and now it is on to the Dean Dome for our rivalry game with the Heels. Duke is presently hitting on all cylinders and Coach K is at the top of his game. See you Wednesday night!

Coach K puts victory #977 in the books with an ugly, uninspired win against the game Terps of Maryland by the score of 69-67. One of the worst performances of the year for the Blue Devils. Hope they get their game together as they face a tough week ahead with Georgia Tech, UNC and Syracuse. I have confidence that Coach K will have them ready.

The Duke offense took a rest in the second half but the Blue Devils had enough to defeat Georgia Tech by the score of 68-51 for Coach K's 978th overall NCAA victory (905 as Duke head coach). The defense was stellar, led by Tyler Thornton, who caused havoc for the Jackets all night long. Played a lot of people in the first half, but K stuck mostly to his regulars in the second. Now it is on the Chapel Hill and a Thursday night meeting with the Heels. Looking forward to this one after more than a week delay. All I can say is, "Go to hell Carolina, go to hell"!

Coach K secures win #979 (906 as Duke coach) with a great 66-60 win over Syracuse. The boys from Duke fought hard and I was impressed with Plumlee's effort. As far as the Orange is concerned, payback is Hell! Great job from everyone.

I must admit that due to birthday obligations, I did not get to see most of the game. I was getting updates and must admit, did not like what I was seeing. Duke should have given Coach K a much bigger win for his 980th victory (907 as Duke coach), but we will just be satisfied with the 66-48 win over VT. Based on what I have been reading about the game it appears the offense consisted of throwing up threes and hoping for the best. The Blue Devils should have blown VT off the court, but it was not in the cards. A welcomed rest period now comes for the boys and I think they severely need it. Bottom line, Duke secured the win and in the end, that is all that ultimately matters. GTHC, GTH!
This post was edited on 2/25 9:13 PM by Heyman25

How sweet it is! Duke led from start to finish as they took the Tar Heels to the wood shed by the tune of 93-81 for victory 981 for Coach K (908 at Duke). The seniors went out on a good note, but it was THE freshman who made the difference. Jabari Parker scores 30 points and grabs 11 rebounds in maybe his last game in Cameron. But what a game it was as Parker showed his maturity by leading on the court and drawing his teammates together. Great job for the Blue Devils and now it is on to the ACC Tournament! I conclude by saying, "GTHC, GTH"!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Victory #982 for Coach K (909 at Duke) was nothing close to a masterpiece as Duke defeats Clemson 63-62 in the ACC Tournament, In a less than stellar performance by the Blue Devils, they were able to survive a huge comeback by the Tigers. clinching the win with two free throws by Rodney Hood. All I can say is, win and advance and I might add, Duke has a lot of work to do. They do not have the ability to get up for most games other than UNC and Syracuse, which will catch up with them in the long run. Duke won, which I am most happy with, but I was not happy with the total game itself. I have said enough.

Coach K captured his 983rd win as a college coach (910 at Duke) with a 75-67 victory over in-state rival NC State in the semi-final round of the ACC Tournament. I actually did not get to see the game as I was watching my grandson play a college baseball doubleheader in Rocky Mount. From all I have read Duke had a great second half, Parker continued his stellar play and Cook was back in good form. All these are needed for a victory over UVA for the ACC Championship. Best of luck to the Blue Devils tomorrow.

Next year we will see him break the 1,000 wins barrier. That is just incredible to type or say aloud. Can't wait!

Win #984 in the books for Coach K after last night's 113-44 win over Presbyterian. The Blue Devils were hitting on all cylinders as the freshman got off to a great start. This shapes up to be a very interesting and entertaining year for Duke followers. One step closer to that magic #1000! OFC

With a convincing 109-59 win over Fairfield, Coach K captured win #985 in his illustrious career. The going gets a little bit tougher next game out as the Blue Devils take on Tom Izzo and his Michigan State Spartans. One step closer to that magical #1,000! OFC

When does everyone think K will get win number 1,000?

I'm looking at these 5 games as possible options for this epic win to be achieved:

1/17 @ Louisville (1st possible opportunity for # 1,000)
1/21 Pittsburgh
1/25 @ St Johns (@ MSG??)
1/28 @ Notre Dame
1/31 @ Virginia

*Sucks to see 4 of these 5 on the road. Would have been great to see this happen at Duke.

I'll take the Pittsburgh game with my prediction, which means we enter that game with only one loss (IMO @ Wisconsin).

Win #986 for Coach K comes with a great victory over Tom Izzo and his Michigan State Spartans by the score of 81-71. The freshmen did great in their first real test of the season. K is edging closer and closer to that magic #1,000! OFC

Coach K captures victory #987 in his illustrious career with a hard fought win over the Temple Owls by the score of 74-54. Not the prettiest game to watch, but the Blue Devils prevailed on a poor shooting night. The young freshmen got a good taste of what physical basketball is all about. Up next is former Duke great Johnny Dawkins and his Stanford Cardinal. Win #1,000 gets ever closer for Coach. OFC

The Blue Devils capture yet another early season tournament as Duke handles Stanford by the score of 70-59. Thanks to the play of tourney MVP Quinn Cook and Justise Winslow, the Blue Devils were able to hold off the Cardinal for Coach K's win #988. Okafor struggled for most of the game but made his presence felt when it came crunch time. All in all a good win for the young team, their fifth in eight days. OFC

Playing against a hapless Furman squad, the Duke Blue Devils placed victory #989 into the Coach K column with a 93-54 victory. All players contributed in the win, led by Okafor, Jefferson, Winslow and Matt Jones. Time now for a Thanksgiving meal that has been rightly earned by the Duke team. OFC

Freshmen Tyus Jones and Jahil Okafor led the #4 ranked Blue Devils over Army, the team Coach K played and coached for, by the score of 93-73. The Black Knights put up a good fight and played hard until the end but were no match for the talented Duke squad. This marks the 990th victory in the great coaching career of Coach K. On now to meet the #2 ranked Wisconsin Badgers in a game that will measure just where this young Duke team stands at this early point of the season. OFC

Victory #991 in the books for Duke and Coach K with an 80-70 win over Wisconsin in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Tyus Jones showed why he was the number one point guard in high school last year with a great all around floor game. Sheed seems to be back on track and Quinn still growing into a great senior leader. I really like this team. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT