ADVERTISEMENT

Carolina-Clemson

I'm trying not to be too confident, but I feel really good about the game. This Clemson game was an outlier, their two players are JB and the dude who misses layups. If either one of them isn't scoring 18+, their chances of winning go down dramatically. JB is playing a ton of minutes, adrenaline can only take him so far. Then of course there's Grayson, 5-2 against them all time. I'm sure he'll be inspired to go just as hard against them.

Also, OT, they go against NC State @ State just two days after they lay us. That's crazy, gonna be an emotional three days for Ol' Roy.

Hope you're right, Pixel. Other than winning a natty not many things are better than kickin' that Heel ass.

OFC

But it'll already be ugly for them with Luke's eyebrows out there!

9fSv5C4.jpg

Is this a dumb question. Can unc be nit bound? I mean if we beat them twice, they still have at card and at cuse which could be a lose one of those two. Then that puts them at beat 9 loses heading into acc tournament and if lose there that’s 10 conference loses.

Reactions: skysdad
Is this a dumb question. Can unc be nit bound? I mean if we beat them twice, they still have at card and at cuse which could be a lose one of those two. Then that puts them at beat 9 loses heading into acc tournament and if lose there that’s 10 conference loses.
They were a 1-seed w/ 7 losses last year, so I wouldn't zero-in on the L column too closely. Who are their big wins? Clemson? Tennessee?

I think it’s pretty premature to start that talk right now. Their RPI/SOS is the best in country and they do have some pretty impressive wins. If they go 9-9 in conference play they’re safely in....at 8-10 they become more of a bubble team, but their resume would still be solid. They get an easy win at home vs. Pitt this Saturday that will make them 6-5. I haven’t looked at their schedule (but know it’s pretty tough) closely....can they go 2-5 the last seven, or even 1-6? That doesn’t seem likely to me.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
It's a good thing they get Pitt at home next game or it could be 4 in a row.

For some odd reason there is quite a contrast in Big Luke's productivity when he plays against better teams... I can't figure it out. Must be bad luck, I guess. He's still my MVP, though.

Luke's stats in 17 games against unranked opponents:
20.9 ppg, 11.7 reb, 55.3 fg%

Luke's stats in 6 games against ranked opponents:
9.7 ppg, 6.8 reb, 35.8 fg%

They were a 1-seed w/ 7 losses last year, so I wouldn't zero-in on the L column too closely. Who are their big wins? Clemson? Tennessee?

They have been very uninspiring in league play.. Almost lost to Wake at home and to an undermanned Notre Dame team, too... But they played very well in the out of conference games. They have 4 very quality wins that I think will help Carolina maintain a relatively high seed, unfortunately:

RPI rankings of out-of-conference wins for UNC:
#25 Arkansas (Neutral),
#35 Michigan (Home)
#13 Tennessee (Road)
#22 Ohio State (Neutral)

Caution to anyone who thinks the game at Chapel Hole will be an easy win for us. You can expect them to be fired up and hitting on all cylinders at their place with over 20,000 rabid fans. If we can get out of the Dome with a win period we should all be very happy.
However, 82 to 50 or something similar would be much better and allow us to profess our superiority for years to come.

Not only will UNC make the tournament, they'll probably be given a 6 seed. They'll play their first 2 games in Charlotte against a team that flies in from the West Coast. They'll make the Sweet 16 with a mediocre team. On the bright side, they may be as bad or worse next year w/o their one star, Berry. It may take them 3 or more seasons to approach the level they saw during the years they held back their top stars for 3-4 years.

Not only will UNC make the tournament, they'll probably be given a 6 seed. They'll play their first 2 games in Charlotte against a team that flies in from the West Coast. They'll make the Sweet 16 with a mediocre team. On the bright side, they may be as bad or worse next year w/o their one star, Berry. It may take them 3 or more seasons to approach the level they saw during the years they held back their top stars for 3-4 years.

To be realistic all I think they need to do is win 20 games total but for some odd reason they don't make the NCAA tourney and go to the NIT they may have back to back championship banners hanging in the dome. On another note should they not make the NCAA tourney can the unc fans start a petition granting them an automatic bid because of just being unc and that they are a privileged institution. OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
I may have missed it but does anyone know what kind of injury theo pinson has? OFC

I think it’s pretty premature to start that talk right now. Their RPI/SOS is the best in country and they do have some pretty impressive wins. If they go 9-9 in conference play they’re safely in....at 8-10 they become more of a bubble team, but their resume would still be solid. They get an easy win at home vs. Pitt this Saturday that will make them 6-5. I haven’t looked at their schedule (but know it’s pretty tough) closely....can they go 2-5 the last seven, or even 1-6? That doesn’t seem likely to me.
duke 2x
at Syracuse
at Louisville
at state
Miami at home
notre Dame at home
that's brutal

they are playing teams that are playing for their tournament lives like notre Dame state and Syracuse

I hope they make it as a 3-4 seed...that will help me in my bracket since I always pick them to lose in the first or second round anyways.

Roy was so angry last nite he just told media "go ahead w/your questions." No opening statement. I must say the pompous cheater has cut down significantly on referring to himself in 3rd person this year. Guess the losing deflates the ego somewhat!!!

OFC

The year that UNC was in the NIT last was a 17 loss season. They'll be at worst 11 losses THIS season and like others have pointed out they do have some quality wins so I doubt they'll be NIT bound. The next couple of seasons are a stronger possibility for that.

How great would it be to see them just hanging on to a NCAA spot this year while watching us win the natty and then next season they watch from NIT as we win it back to back?

Reactions: topps coach
It's a good thing they get Pitt at home next game or it could be 4 in a row.

pitt is bound to get a win at some point and saturday would be perfect:D and uva is due for loss.........whats the odds one team goes undefeated and another defeated:eek:

Reactions: dbav
How sweet would it be for Pitt to get their first conference win against the cheats?

Reactions: dbav
Well, Pitt actually played pretty well (for them, anyway) last night in Miami. That said, I don't give the Panthers much of a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT