ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden trending for Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you said we were gonna get HG way back when and I opposed you, my apologies buddy. I don't remember that but it coulda happened.

One month ago, most felt he was headed to UK. My how things have changed, and when Duke is picked, it'll be a smack to the face of UK recruiting IMO.

One month ago, most felt he was headed to UK. My how things have changed, and when Duke is picked, it'll be a smack to the face of UK recruiting IMO.

Now Crank, as of a month ago (ironically when all the tides changed in dukes favor) UK fans think Bolden is overrated and not good enough to play at UK.. They are glad he's going to Duke! And trust me I'll be more than happy for him to be here!

Reactions: Crank_it_loud
In my brief experience, it takes a lot for Show to get this confident. That makes me optimistic.

Now Crank, as of a month ago (ironically when all the tides changed in dukes favor) UK fans think Bolden is overrated and not good enough to play at UK.. They are glad he's going to Duke! And trust me I'll be more than happy for him to be here!

Kind of like how they are glad Tatum is going to Duke because he is selfish and doesn't get anyone else involved. "Perfect for Duke".

A "smack to the face"? Hardly. We have five 5-star recruits and are either the #1 or #2 ranked recruiting class, depending on who you ask, along with you guys. Not to mention plenty of depth along our front line and no scholly's to give him even if he did pick us, without forcing someone out the door ::cough:: Thornton ::cough::

As I mentioned in another thread, Bolden is gravy for whoever gets him.

Reactions: bloodguard13
A "smack to the face"? Hardly. We have five 5-star recruits and are either the #1 or #2 ranked recruiting class, depending on who you ask, along with you guys. Not to mention plenty of depth along our front line and no scholly's to give him even if he did pick us, without forcing someone out the door ::cough:: Thornton ::cough::

And a coach who is great at losing badly with "great" talent

Reactions: MyDudeG and mdowdy

If you are implying that Duke forced Thornton out to have a scholarship available can I please ask the follow up question as to why we would be asking a guy who played 26 mpg last year to go when there are guys who played far less that will still be under scholarship this upcoming year?

If you are implying that Duke forced Thornton out to have a scholarship available can I please ask the follow up question as to why we would be asking a guy who played 26 mpg last year to go when there are guys who played far less that will still be under scholarship this upcoming year?

This horse has been beaten to death. We are better off letting people stick to their beliefs because it only lowers us to their level when we try and reason with ignorance.

Please do not use logic with UK fans. They can't comprehend it. Logically speaking Duke would send Obi (who is a post player) packing if they needed to free up a scholly for another post player, not run off the only point guard on the roster. But hey, Kentucky fans are genius so perhaps they do know more.

You really expect me to take you seriously after saying Duke pushed a PG out the door, brought in a 3star Aussie recruit SF, just to get a C? Makes a ton of sense. You really are a no-talent ass clown.

Reactions: DukeDenver

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
- Albert Einstein

Idiotic UK fans who have no idea what they are talking about, and even worse, don't care that they are clueless =
awesome1.jpg

That seems pretty likely considering that it's been brought up several times that he wants to decide and announce before his birthday on the 17th
What was wrong with my birthday? That was last month. Or Lincoln's birthday? Or MLK's? What's with the birthday shit?
Jesus, happy birthday already.
OFC

Obi may still be gone. Serious issues with those knees, and the hip I've heard. I love that dude though. Such a good kid.

Per a source. Marques Bolden plans on being in Durham or Lexington in July and will be playing on the basketball team.

Reactions: eastspartan
Anyone who says Thornton was forced out to make room for another recruit is someone you should not pay any attention to in the future. None whatsoever. There is not one shred o logic that supports forcing out you only PG on the roster for the next few years and a guy who started more than half the game this year for a center who may not even start. I could go on, but the people who think that are simply not worth your time. Unfortunately people like to make stuff up to play to the masses and get people to hit their web site. I figured Kentucky fans would be much more empathetic to this considering the crap they take all the time in regards to Calipari and his past and the nonsense spewed about him from other places. I guess I may be wrong on that....

Does anyone know what the heck happened to Obi? Recent injury, complications from past injury, congenital issues?? What a shame. I am for keeping him on scholarship until his eligibility runs out (if that is what he wants) even if he never plays another minute. Ship shouldn't get yanked for injuries and he represents Duke with class. He looks like a great team mate. He also looked awesome in that Tuxedo during the championship last year.

Does anyone know what the heck happened to Obi? Recent injury, complications from past injury, congenital issues?? What a shame. I am for keeping him on scholarship until his eligibility runs out (if that is what he wants) even if he never plays another minute. Ship shouldn't get yanked for injuries and he represents Duke with class. He looks like a great team mate. He also looked awesome in that Tuxedo during the championship last year.

I saw him this past year well after a game in Cameron. He was walking down a long hallway underneat one side of the stands, and the first thing I noticed was that he almost looked like he was hobbling. It wasn't like he was in pain, but I just thought it was odd for a D1 basketball player. I also noticed how damn big his is. Big guy, and he was very, very cool to talk to.

Yep, I heard he's trying to make the banquet. Knees may be to much after that. That's why it's so stupid people insinuate K pushed Thornton out for a scholly for Bolden.

Anyone who says Thornton was forced out to make room for another recruit is someone you should not pay any attention to in the future. None whatsoever. There is not one shred o logic that supports forcing out you only PG on the roster for the next few years and a guy who started more than half the game this year for a center who may not even start. I could go on, but the people who think that are simply not worth your time. Unfortunately people like to make stuff up to play to the masses and get people to hit their web site. I figured Kentucky fans would be much more empathetic to this considering the crap they take all the time in regards to Calipari and his past and the nonsense spewed about him from other places. I guess I may be wrong on that....
If Bolden decides to pick UK in the end, these will be the two quotes you'll see the most:
"HAHAHAHAHA and dook thought they had him in the bag, don't ever underestimate cal, welcome to UK" (UK fans who are allegedly saying he's not that good, and oh would have to make room, ironic.)
"Guess K will have to beg DT to come back now!? Guess he shouldn't have pushed the kid out without having Bolden in the bag!" - THR fans.

If Bolden decides to pick UK in the end, these will be the two quotes you'll see the most:
"HAHAHAHAHA and dook thought they had him in the bag, don't ever underestimate cal, welcome to UK" (UK fans who are allegedly saying he's not that good, and oh would have to make room, ironic.)
"Guess K will have to beg DT to come back now!? Guess he shouldn't have pushed the kid out without having Bolden in the bag!" - THR fans.

That and bolden will go to a first team AA if he picks UK from an overrated, soft big man if he picks Duke.

No they don't dude. I haven't seen a single one day that and I practically live on that board. I've seen a couple say they prefer Jarrett Allen, but some of them said that before Bolden seemed destined for Duke. I personally prefer Bolden myself but I also don't think he's a make-or-break prospect for either team. He'd be very nice to have, as neither Duke nor Kentucky have a real back-to-the-basket scorer. But you guys have Giles, Jefferson, Jeter & Obi (who I admittedly know nothing about) at the 4 & 5 and we have Lee, Killeya-Jones, Bam, & Humphries. He's a luxury more than a need for either of us.

Reactions: CatPhight
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT