ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden trending for Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolden didn't go from being a good kid to a self-serving attention-seeker over night. While anything is possible, I think we should avoid getting into that kind of speculation. Just no real basis for it --and, frankly, if his indecision was just driven by a love for attention, he could have gotten the most attention by committing during one of the all-star games. The fact that he's still undecided after all the big national showcase opportunities tells me that he / his family don't have a firm decision yet based on the info. they have. Maybe this is wrong, but this seems like a case where Bolden's family / coaches may have been pushing him in a direction (Duke) that he was never as sold on as the people around him; and he more or less didn't come to terms with that until it was time to formally commit. That's ultimately why I think it's UK. It seems to me that Bolden's long been more enamored with UK and would have committed there were it not for what those around him think -- which he's often said matters to him.

Bolden didn't go from being a good kid to a self-serving attention-seeker over night. While anything is possible, I think we should avoid getting into that kind of speculation. Just no real basis for it --and, frankly, if his indecision was just driven by a love for attention, he could have gotten the most attention by committing during one of the all-star games. The fact that he's still undecided after all the big national showcase opportunities tells me that he / his family don't have a firm decision yet based on the info. they have. Maybe this is wrong, but this seems like a case where Bolden's family / coaches may have been pushing him in a direction (Duke) that he was never as sold on as the people around him; and he more or less didn't come to terms with that until it was time to formally commit. That's ultimately why I think it's UK. It seems to me that Bolden's long been more enamored with UK and would have committed there were it not for what those around him think -- which clearly seems to matter to him.

I really think he wants to go to UK. He should go to UK. OFC

Reactions: neogeezer
Bolden didn't go from being a good kid to a self-serving attention-seeker over night. While anything is possible, I think we should avoid getting into that kind of speculation. Just no real basis for it --and, frankly, if his indecision was just driven by a love for attention, he could have gotten the most attention by committing during one of the all-star games. The fact that he's still undecided after all the big national showcase opportunities tells me that he / his family don't have a firm decision yet based on the info. they have. Maybe this is wrong, but this seems like a case where Bolden's family / coaches may have been pushing him in a direction (Duke) that he was never as sold on as the people around him; and he more or less didn't come to terms with that until it was time to formally commit. That's ultimately why I think it's UK. It seems to me that Bolden's long been more enamored with UK and would have committed there were it not for what those around him think -- which he's often said matters to him.

No that's not what I'm saying. I think he knows and is waiting till he's comfortable telling.. I have no problem him taking his time

Reactions: aah555
Speculating on what his decision will be is fair game. I do not think that all of the speculating on his reason for waiting is fair game. It is his decision to make on his terms and his time frame. He certainly hasn't been an attention hound at all. Who knows what his reason is. He has been a class act throughout and we should be too. Let other boards come up with negative garbage.

Until he announces for someone else, I'm with Show. He announces Duke when he gets around to it and I will relax and wait. Matter of fact, I'm a gonna grab me a beer right now.

In Walker, Texas Ranger, Cordell got shot, Trevette got shot, C,D, got shot and Alex got shot. When Cordell got shot he pulled the bullet out of his body and threw it back into the shooter right between the eyes. OFC

So my two hard lock sources who were 100% Boldens a lock....one still says Boldens a lock, one today says Cal is throwing some last minute swings that could sway the issue. Hold on to your hats, here we go again.

If Allen isn't interested in UK you know Cal is pulling out some desperation moves for Bolden.

But they are last minute pitches. Hopefully Bolden has come to the conclusion 100% Duke and doesn't buy into any of his last minute desperate attempts.

So. How are you guys feeling about Duke's chances right now?
Well now that we know a 'lock' really just means an unsubstantiated opinion subject to change...Lol.

Bolden most likely starts Day 1 at UK, and is very unlikely to ever start over Amile / HG if they're healthy. Doesn't seem like a tough call. Given how short Duke plays it's bench, a quasi one-and-done is better off at UK, period.

Well now that we know a 'lock' really just means an unsubstantiated opinion subject to change...Lol.

Bolden most likely starts Day 1 at UK, and is very unlikely to ever start over Amile / HG if they're healthy. Doesn't seem like a tough call. Given how short Duke plays it's bench, a quasi one-and-done is better off at UK, period.
Amile/HG play the four
Bolden/Jeter play the five

Reactions: youngman42
^ While this is true, K's ideal lineup just needs a big, a stretch 4, and 3 perimeter players. Our presumed starting lineup essentially has two power forwards and two shooting guards, that is if you consider Frank Jackson to be a shooting guard.

Idiots on the UK board talking about how much better Cal develops big men than K. Most of those like Cousins, Anthony Davis, etc., we're gonna be top picks regardless. They try and act as if they became what they were because of that grease ball Cal. What a joke. One clown saying Cal just one upped K by showing him how it's done because Cal didn't force Lee to transfer but encouraged him to leave by trying to fulfill his dream of being a pro. Lollll. Cal got him out to make room for Bolden. Quite obvious.

I know I am in the minority but I really don't want this guy. From what I have gathered, if he comes to Duke, he will have been talked into it. If a prospect has to be talked into playing for Duke, I would rather him not come at all. In addition to that, he just strikes me more as a UK guy than a Duke guy. Lastly, I think him coming could mess up chemistry next year. As much as we would like to think that K will one day go 10 deep, it ain't gonna happen. He doesn't like to do it. Amile has potential to be one of the best big men in the country next year. Hopefully Jeter's hands will grow and he can contribute more next year off the bench. I will take my chances with Amile, Giles, Jeter, and Javin in the post next year.

Reactions: skysdad
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT