ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden trending for Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with poppy. It's at the point now where it's not so much about getting the player but more about winning the recruiting war. This isn't Harrison Barnes were talking about here Where it's a top 5, 10, or even 15 prospect. We'll be fine either way. Amile, Chase, Giles, and Tatum will be more than capable of holding down the frontline. DT leaving is going to have a much bigger impact on this team than landing Bolden. Hope we get him but I'm not losing sleep if we don't.

This whole thing is starting to get a little bit sketchy in my opinion. It smells of a used car salesman from Kentucky! I am to the point where I don't care if he comes to Duke! I am sure I am in the minority on this one. Guys have to want to be at Duke and the way this process is going I am not sure if he knows where he wants to be.

^ Certainly want him, but I'm kind of the same opinion. I'd happily be wrong, but this hasn't exactly unfolded like a Duke recruitment, for whatever that is worth. I think he goes to UK. Duke is a unique challenge, and indecisiveness is not necessarily a great thing in these instances. Sure hope I'm wrong though!!

I really didn't pay this recruitment any mind because he would mainly be a cherry on top kinda get. Not that he is a player we wouldn't love to have, just that he won't be a make or break type player for Duke next year. That and all signs were pointing at Kentucky anyhow. I did pick up interest after it appeared that he was leaning towards Duke. Mostly because it would be nice to get a player away from Kentucky. Now I am on the F it, whatever happens, happens boat. If he chooses Duke, great! But if he doesn't, then Duke is in the same position they were before he was a "Duke lean".

None of this is save face on my part, just how I feel at this point. I would love for Duke to add him to the roster, but it's his choice, not our's. It's also important to not trash the kid if he doesn't come to Duke. It won't make him a bad guy. As frustrating as it may be as fans to play the waiting game, it's not about us and what we want him to do. So we'll see what he does whenever he does it.

Duke fans on Sunday:
giphy.gif

Reactions: dukehokie
With DT now out of the picture and Bolden not looking as likely as it did just a few days ago, it will be interesting to see if Duke looks into any grad transfers. That's of course assuming Bolden goes to UK.

Are there any good grad transfers available this off-season? In particular, are there any guards that are capable of at least giving Duke 10-15 quality minutes next season?

With DT now out of the picture and Bolden not looking as likely as it did just a few days ago, it will be interesting to see if Duke looks into any grad transfers. That's of course assuming Bolden goes to UK.

Are there any good grad transfers available this off-season? In particular, are there any guards that are capable of at least giving Duke 10-15 quality minutes next season?

If we don't get Bolden we are fine with the way things are now. OFC

I agree that Duke is a contender with or without Bolden. However, it would just be nice to have an extra serviceable player (especially a guard) in the event that Duke misses out on Bolden.

Does anyone have VIP access? Just wondering what Adam Rowe is hearing. He posted an article a few hours ago on what he is hearing regarding Bolden.

First time poster... at least in a very long time. But, for what it's worth, here are a few observations:

I find it disgusting that, on the UK board, that when they feared he was a Duke lock, the torrent of disparaging comments intensified. All of a sudden, he looked soft; not a "UK-type" player. That's the very definition of a butt-hurt fanbase that, fearful of what they viewed as a negative outcome, attacked the very object of their desire. Poor form. I haven't read such negativity here. But if so... that's sad. I expect better.

The kid is choosing between what is a #1 and #1A recruiting class. It's choosing between gold and diamonds. Both are stacked. And, as someone pointed out earlier, this has become a battle between fanbases over whom secures the top recruiting class and the bragging rights associated with that accolade.

The kid is a great player. We want him. They want him. We ALL want him. But, he's a kid, and a kid with a difficult choice ahead of him. Let's not act like entitled douchebags who could potentially be denied our cherry on top of the sundae. I truly hope he chooses Duke, as I believe that it would be the right choice. However, if he chooses otherwise... you win some and you lose some.

First time poster... at least in a very long time. But, for what it's worth, here are a few observations:

I find it disgusting that, on the UK board, that when they feared he was a Duke lock, the torrent of disparaging comments intensified. All of a sudden, he looked soft; not a "UK-type" player. That's the very definition of a butt-hurt fanbase that, fearful of what they viewed as a negative outcome, attacked the very object of their desire. Poor form. I haven't read such negativity here. But if so... that's sad. I expect better.

The kid is choosing between what is a #1 and #1A recruiting class. It's choosing between gold and diamonds. Both are stacked. And, as someone pointed out earlier, this has become a battle between fanbases over whom secures the top recruiting class and the bragging rights associated with that accolade.

The kid is a great player. We want him. They want him. We ALL want him. But, he's a kid, and a kid with a difficult choice ahead of him. Let's not act like entitled douchebags who could potentially be denied our cherry on top of the sundae. I truly hope he chooses Duke, as I believe that it would be the right choice. However, if he chooses otherwise... you win some and you lose some.
I have always hated Kentucky but after the comments they made towards Bolden when they thought he was a Duke lock and the way they were disparaging our players during the JBC game, I believe I hate them equally or maybe slightly more than UNCheat.

Will never hold the "waiting" or not being sure against a kid. Lance Thomas waited until the last minute. He even said that he changed his mind back and forth on the way up to the microphone to make his announcement. Would anyone on this board say that he wasn't worth getting because he waited so long or wasn't dead sure on Duke the whole time? Would anyone on this board doubt Lance's ultimate commitment and loyalty to Duke? Not me.

On another note, one of you guys mentioned liking spicy barbecue wings a few posts back. Place near me has Thai Chili wings that are fantastic. Kind of like a barbecue sauce, but spicy. Big, meaty ones too. Buddy met me out to watch Duke/Yale and IU/Kentucky. He is from Buffalo and really loves him some wings. He raved about them. I drank hearty that night too. I'll take Bolden if and when he chooses Duke.

Nothing to hate about Kentucky. They aren't our rivals. UNC, in spite of the ominous specter of the NCAA's ban hammer floating over their heads like a cloud of rain, is still our chief rival. Kentucky fans, as a hive mind, have simply reasserted themselves as an entitled fanbase who believes that they alone deserve every nice thing. To be sure, it's not every singular UK fan out there. I know many who don't ascribe to the buffoonish sense of superiority that some on message boards project. Sadly though, as a collective? It's comedic gold.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Will never hold the "waiting" or not being sure against a kid. Lance Thomas waited until the last minute. He even said that he changed his mind back and forth on the way up to the microphone to make his announcement. Would anyone on this board say that he wasn't worth getting because he waited so long or wasn't dead sure on Duke the whole time? Would anyone on this board doubt Lance's ultimate commitment and loyalty to Duke? Not me.

On another note, one of you guys mentioned liking spicy barbecue wings a few posts back. Place near me has Thai Chili wings that are fantastic. Kind of like a barbecue sauce, but spicy. Big, meaty ones too. Buddy met me out to watch Duke/Yale and IU/Kentucky. He is from Buffalo and really loves him some wings. He raved about them. I drank hearty that night too. I'll take Bolden if and when he chooses Duke.

Okay. If anyone here is going to BW3s for wings... you're doing it wrong.

But likewise, I like Bolden. Seems smart. Mostly, I don't mean to insinuate he "looks" like a Duke player. Mostly.

Reactions: JohnKBA
I disagree. There are a ton of other places that have good wings and maybe better overall quality wings. But b dubs has the best variety of sauces hands down.

Liked them back in the day. They made their sauces in-house. We have better local options, for example, a place does smoked wings you can have tossed in their ghost pepper sauce. No pure capsaicin (as BW3s uses in their hotter sauces). Just an opinion, but I always go local if I can.

Just quoting some of your posters....some mentioned the loss of Thorton could hurt.
Against us, I thought Allen running at point took away from his scoring. At least something did.
Before the loss of Amile, I though DT was doing good at PG..& his loss may hurt this year.
Thanks for repeating what our posters have said on here. I'm sure that's why you're on our board. You're great.

Reactions: dbav
Liked them back in the day. They made their sauces in-house. We have better local options, for example, a place does smoked wings you can have tossed in their ghost pepper sauce. No pure capsaicin (as BW3s uses in their hotter sauces). Just an opinion, but I always go local if I can.

I hear you. I go to a lot of places and can't seem to find a good sauce. The wings themselves are just about always better at other places. But the spicy garlic and the mango habanero from dubs is hard to beat.

I like the salt and vinegar wings at BW's myself. And yes there was a BW3's in Greenville, NC that was awesome. A lot better than BWW. Gone now though.

So is there an "anticipated" announcement date? Truth be told I'd love to have him but trust me we oughta be just fine if he goes to Lexington. If we can make it to the sweet 26 with a roster like we had this past season then I'm salivating and chomping at the bit on what our possibilities look like next season even without bolden. I think the biggest reason I want him is I absolutely LOVED the way K rotated our front court in 2010 towards the later part of the season. Zoubek & Thomas would sub out and the M&M Plumlee would sub in and vice versa and would love to see (if it's in the teams best interest of course) a similar style with Amile & Harry and say Jeter & Bolden.

As for wings I'm a Hooters man til I die. I always get em with their wing sauce that's just simply called Hot. Between the breading and the sauce, and we'll I dunno if they have this where yall live but every Wed night is all you can eat wings for $12. Besides there Hot sauce is sold in stores and I go through at least a jar every two months, they use pasteurized cream and buttermilk solids and it gives their sauce this very subtle creamy secondary taste that's just one of a kind and goes well on everything from chops to hot dogs.

When it looked like Bolden was coming to Duke, UK fans knocked his game and trashed his mother.

When it looks like it could be Kentucky, we are talking about wings.

GO DUKE!

Wait a minute...are BWW and BW3's considered the same?
BW3 is the nickname for the restaurant Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar. While the nickname is still popular, it is confusing because there is no third w in the name. Most people who use the term BW3 have no idea where the name comes from. The original name was Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, but the company dropped Weck from its name when it stopped selling sandwiches on weck rolls.

Gotcha....I just remember going to downtown GVegas and eating at BW3's. Was the place to eat before we hit the clubs.

BW3 is the nickname for the restaurant Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar. While the nickname is still popular, it is confusing because there is no third w in the name. Most people who use the term BW3 have no idea where the name comes from. The original name was Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, but the company dropped Weck from its name when it stopped selling sandwiches on weck rolls.

More or less this. Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck was known as BW3's in the early to mid 90s or so. That was when they had but a few restaurants in the midwest. A bit after they franchised out nationwide, they dropped the kummelweck buns, they changed it to the current name... and with it, much of the soul of the restaurant. Perhaps I just preferred it as a seedy bar. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT