ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden Tatum Giles

This just in: Tatum, Bolden, and Giles will play when................
....................................................................................................

....................................................................................................

Coach K says they're ready.

Reactions: dbav
But unless he is a hack reporter (I don't know, but his tagline is "Post-Dispatch sportswriter since 1986 also is the primary sports columnist for STLtoday.com"), he wouldn't open the article with that statement unless he at least talked to a credible source off the record; and it's easy to understand why someone with access to that info would not be willing to go "on the record" with it. Anyway, we'll see.

I'll say this, I think we "COULD" see Tatum this weekend. I have no clue on Bolden, and I still as I have all along expect to see Giles before the end of the month. Both look in person like they're fine to me. Obviously getting into game shape and with Giles especially getting him practicing 5 on 5 is the thing that needs to happen- but for Tatum, I think we could see him tomorrow or sunday.

The hilarious part will be THR and RR calling K a liar whenever they do comeback. They'll also say that he's selfish for bringing them back this early when he said that he'd be conservative etc. etc. you know the usual rhetoric from them.

Maybe some of the posters here have inside info that the rest of us haven't heard, but talk of all three being a long way off doesn't jive with what I have read elsewhere (beyond Coach K's statement that he will be conservative and not rush them back before they are definitely ready). I don't know with whom the St. Louis (Tatum's hometown) reporter (link below) talked--perhaps Tatum's family, old coach or someone else close to him, but he writes that Tatum and Bolden are very close and may play this weekend, while suggesting that Giles is probably still "weeks away". Maybe they won't play this weekend, but I would be surprised if Tatum, at least, isn't on the court in the next week or two. I don't know enough about Bolden's injury to hazard a guess. http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_0b4fe529-5d79-53cc-91f9-a7352573520c.html
Giles is going to be slow played in his return. Understandably so. The other two are going to play soon enough. There is really no rush right now. Frankly, i am not sure where these guys wouldn't play for Duke came from, but this day and age people take words by someone and form their own meanings. Thus creating confusion. It would be nice if people stuck to the actual facts of the matter and not turning speculation into "fact."

This just in: Tatum, Bolden, and Giles will play when................

Coach K says they're ready.
OK Dukesince90 you got me there. I first read "Coach K says they're ready" and got all excited before reading "when".

I'll say this, I think we "COULD" see Tatum this weekend. I have no clue on Bolden, and I still as I have all along expect to see Giles before the end of the month. Both look in person like they're fine to me. Obviously getting into game shape and with Giles especially getting him practicing 5 on 5 is the thing that needs to happen- but for Tatum, I think we could see him tomorrow or sunday.

The hilarious part will be THR and RR calling K a liar whenever they do comeback. They'll also say that he's selfish for bringing them back this early when he said that he'd be conservative etc. etc. you know the usual rhetoric from them.
If it were a case where it took all season for them to be ready to return and they returned in the national championship game and the posters on THR and RR would still say that Coach K is selfish and brought them back too soon

Didn't Steat say K was selfish and should redshirt Giles? And that he wouldn't do that because it would affect the Carter recruitment? I am not even making this up.

Does any one know when hof coach roy williams told Bolden,Giles and Tatum they weren't unc caliber players and he would not be recruiting them. OFC

Giles is going to be slow played in his return. Understandably so. The other two are going to play soon enough. There is really no rush right now. Frankly, i am not sure where these guys wouldn't play for Duke came from, but this day and age people take words by someone and form their own meanings. Thus creating confusion. It would be nice if people stuck to the actual facts of the matter and not turning speculation into "fact."
Probably more wishful thinking than anything rooted in logic

It's a start so we shall see based off this tweet. I'm hoping 2 of the 3 by mich st next Tuesday... all three will be ideal!

Grayson limping around trying his best but not one of the freshmen can give it a go?? Hmmmm. Plaster me or whatever but this is silly.

But what is the implication you're making? Honest question.

I would take what Coach K says directly over what is being reported by rumors or second hand sources. That's just my opinion. All 3 are warming up, which i would say puts them back in the next couple weeks or so. Maybe Tatum is held out through December. Anything longer and you likely won't see them this year would be my guess

Kinda sucks when we all have to get thrilled because they are "warming up."

Yes but it gives hope that they are getting close. Coach K wouldn't have allowed them to even warm up if they weren't ready to do that. OFC

The 2nd tweet was in regards to why Giles and bolden are warming up before games in full but aren't playing

I will be happy when they get healthy enough to play. so I get to see them in action, first, and the talk about it will be over, second!

Reactions: dbav
Awesome keep winning and their close I always said if they back by Maine then that's awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT