ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden Tatum Giles

I feel great about this Duke basketball team. We are not the best team in the country with these injuries, but we are a fun, gritty team. We have 4 really nice guards that can stroke it and drive. We have smart players in the front court and Javin can fly. Let's enjoy the product. Most teams would kill for our current roster.

Spot on. Guys, it's part of the game. Let's not put our heads in the gutters. We are still very talented with the guys that we will have on the floor. We will be just fine.

While yes it is clearly disappointing as fans that we don't have 3 potential top 10 picks in our lineup to start the most hyped year we've had, the fact that some of you have to force yourself to watch the games after such a long off-season is pretty fair weather of you. Never thought I'd say that about any of our posters here. Let's not take for granted Duke basketball or the fact that we have waited since March for the guys to get back there. And every single game we get to see Coach K get back out there is a blessing for us. He won't be here forever, that alone should be why you watch.

It is disappointing but we still are starting a very good, experienced group. I enjoyed the first two games as much as any other past games against mid majors, we still won by a lot and scored a lot, it was fun to watch. These guys have been through the big games before, they know what to expect tomorrow night. We still have one of the best players in the country and two other guards who are big time scorers. And who doesn't love Amile Jefferson? He's right in line with some of the great Duke senior leaders of the past. Enjoy what the team is now and understand that this is just the base level we are looking at. I think in a months time things will be looking even better.

While yes it is clearly disappointing as fans that we don't have 3 potential top 10 picks in our lineup to start the most hyped year we've had, the fact that some of you have to force yourself to watch the games after such a long off-season is pretty fair weather of you. Never thought I'd say that about any of our posters here. Let's not take for granted Duke basketball or the fact that we have waited since March for the guys to get back there. And every single game we get to see Coach K get back out there is a blessing for us. He won't be here forever, that alone should be why you watch.

I know right! Hahahaha. Us poor, poor Duke fans who have to watch a sweet sixteen team put up 90 points a game. God must hate Duke because he certainly doesn't do us any favors forcing us to watch this trash product.

I do wish K would tell us when Giles, Tatum and Bolden would be back so I can just wait to tune in then.

I know right! Hahahaha. Us poor, poor Duke fans who have to watch a sweet sixteen team put up 90 points a game. God must hate Duke because he certainly doesn't do us any favors forcing us to watch this trash product.

I do wish K would tell us when Giles, Tatum and Bolden would be back so I can just wait to tune in then.
I do have tickets to a December game, and I'm looking to purchase some January games. I need them back!

I do have tickets to a December game, and I'm looking to purchase some January games. I need them back!

Id love to get to NYC but the little one I have on the way says otherwise.

Maybe you could hit Matt up for some tickets.;)

I am sure Heel fans are beating their "goat meats" about our injury situation but we will be just fine come march, and hell even before.

Reactions: dukehokie
Hope Giles don't take advice from JWill...

While it stings to hear that, I agree that it's what's best for the player in this situation. I think in the one and done era, you're going to see this happen more and more. Maybe not across the board but you will see it. This is the result of players being fed up with not getting paid. Even K has advocated for players getting paid.

Who thinks he just sits?

Haven't heard that sentiment out loud yet, but I think it has been discussed. Harry really wants to play, and playing for him could mean the difference between the 5th pick or the 1st pick. That's $8-12 million he stands to gamble with. If he knee is good, he'll play.

Id love to get to NYC but the little one I have on the way says otherwise.

Maybe you could hit Matt up for some tickets.;)
I, root for him (when he's in) as hard as everyone. I don't want him to fail to play less minutes.

I, root for him (when he's in) as hard as everyone. I don't want him to fail to play less minutes.

I'm messing around with you man. That's what the smiley is for. I've actually enjoyed peacefully debating with you.

While it stings to hear that, I agree that it's what's best for the player in this situation. I think in the one and done era, you're going to see this happen more and more. Maybe not across the board but you will see it. This is the result of players being fed up with not getting paid. Even K has advocated for players getting paid.
I get it, but I bet Kyrie doesn't go #1 if he doesn't come back in the tournament from him injury and light it up. If he's not 100% then no reason to play, if he's 100%, I think he should play to help his stock.

I'm messing around with you man. That's what the smiley is for. I've actually enjoyed peacefully debating with you.
I know you were, i was tempted to make a sarcastic joke that no way he'll give up december tickets because it might be the last chance his family see's him get minutes in a duke uniform.

Haven't heard that sentiment out loud yet, but I think it has been discussed. Harry really wants to play, and playing for him could mean the difference between the 5th pick or the 1st pick. That's $8-12 million he stands to gamble with. If he knee is good, he'll play.
Did not see this before I posted above. But agree.

I get it, but I bet Kyrie doesn't go #1 if he doesn't come back in the tournament from him injury and light it up. If he's not 100% then no reason to play, if he's 100%, I think he should play to help his stock.

I agree and that's what I reposted to @pigsah. Playing helps your stock and when you have guys like DeAaron Fox, Markell's Fultz, Jayson Tatum and a few of the Euros actually playing games, at that point you have to show scouts something. That is your competition ultimately and you have to show what you can do.

He'd still go top 8 if he never played a game, so you have to weigh those pros and cons. The staff is obviously going to look out for him and they'll make an educated decision.

I know you were, i was tempted to make a sarcastic joke that no way he'll give up december tickets because it might be the last chance his family see's him get minutes in a duke uniform.

940fde56dd832f13bbe0d563d3def924.jpg

In that scenario playing he goes 1 and sitting 5? I just think if I was a GM and he say I'd have a hard time drafting someone that hadn't played in 2 full seasons.

As for the others has anyone heard anything definitive?

You're a new poster so I can't tell....are you joking or are you serious? If you're joking, then hahaha. If you're serious....well, then bless you.

I have been on here over 10 years. Without the fans Duke basketball as we know it doesn't exist nor do you? Just be up front. That's all I was saying.

10 years and 3 posts. what was your last posting name here ?

And Giles could be the closest to returning.....

Why do you think that. OFC
I could see that as a possibility. Even though his injury is probably the more severe injury of the 3 injuries, he's been recovering and rehabbing his knee for a little over a month whereas the other 2 injuries are more recent so they're not as far along in rehabbing their injuries even if they are less severe injuries. Giles might not be the first to return but it could still be a possibility.

Some sarcasm, some glass half empty, some gut feeling, some I hope like hell im 100000000% WAY OFF

I support the best decision for him because the best decision for him will be the best decision for Duke. Just my opinion.

Reactions: skysdad
One of my pet peeves is speculation because it seems to always allow people to start guessing. Now here's what I speculate. Coach K wants all 3 of these guys to be 100 per cent healthy when they come back no matter what. He's not going to push any of them to come back if they are not ready. Kyrie has already said he never felt any pressure to get back on the court before he was ready. doc steat has it all covered doesn't he. You see under his expertise any decision Coach K makes is wrong. Whatever happens, happens. If Harry never plays a game for Duke then that's the way it's going to be. He committed to Duke with all good intentions. Jason Williams is entitled to his opinion. I think Harry, Tatum, and Bolden will all play for Duke this year and will play a big role in our 6th N.C. this year and 1 or more may be back next year. Just think if that happens what doc steat and staff will come up with about Coach K. Every things gonna be alright. OFC

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Well the mods did lock up the Harry Giles thread over at thr after doc steats brilliant post. I guess even they thought that post was just beyond reason. OFC

how in the world does that make sense haha

Free Medical care and education and didn't provide anything to the university. If he doesn't play and he leaves then he took a roster spot that some other recruit could of had(not that we would of for sure filled it) I think he plays though this is just if he doesn't..

Free Medical care and education and didn't provide anything to the university. If he doesn't play and he leaves then he took a roster spot that some other recruit could of had(not that we would of for sure filled it) I think he plays though this is just if he doesn't..
Harry committed before his second knee injury. Quality schools honor scholarships if a player commits and then gets injured. Part of the reason players commit early, especially football.

I think these concerns are unwarranted. At some point, Harry will play. I feel very confident about that.

Reactions: dbav
Harry committed before his second knee injury. Quality schools honor scholarships if a player commits and then gets injured. Part of the reason players commit early, especially football.

This

If not for the scope, we aren't even having this discussion. The discomfort and subsequent scope occurred AFTER signing and practicing with Duke. Kind of insulting to the kid to even put that out there IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT