ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden AND Javin testing the waters

I think bolden can play in the league. Javin I just don’t know if we can get lance Thomas 2.0

NBA draft net and NBA draft room 2020 second round. Did you laugh when Lance Thomas went undrafted and has stayed longer in the league then Singler, Nolan, Kelly, Scheyer?

Lance had a little better offensive game than a dunk like JD

Them testing the waters currently is not even really about the likelihood of getting drafted. It is much more about seeing the process and getting feedback.

Reactions: dbav and skysdad
NBA draft net and NBA draft room 2020 second round. Did you laugh when Lance Thomas went undrafted and has stayed longer in the league then Singler, Nolan, Kelly, Scheyer?

I see him listed in 2020 draft...i mean this year when he may go....no way he does in 2019

Lance had a little better offensive game than a dunk like JD
Once again go back and read his pro day evaluation and Javin has a jumper we just don’t see it because he’s not asked for offense he’s asked to be a hustle guy which he does well.
Look at his off season work outs he can shoot and has been working on it. Lance has put backs in college and toward the end of his career started to shoot the ball more.

I see him listed in 2020 draft...i mean this year when he may go....no way he does in 2019
Never said this year. I said next years draft. He’s getting feed back which is what he needs . Javin is a better player then what he has shown.

Well I honestly think at least one of two will be back. The sky is not falling like some UNC fans or other fans would have you believe.....Regardless, I think we'll be ok....

OFC

Anyone blasting the kids is a loser, if some are laughing at the declaring for the draft- i think some need to just realize it’s no harm no foul and they don’t mean ill will towards the players. There’s only 60 spots and if you’re truly honest Jav for sure has no chance of getting any of those spots. But logically it makes all the sense in the world to declare, again, to get the feedback. Much like Maye did last year and many many many others are currently doing.

Justin Jackson also got feedback and returned.Either Jav or MB returns, likely Jav...Rebounding will still be ok....

OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
I understand both checking. I will be more bothered if Javin shows he CAN hit a jump shot. Then I'll be like, "where has this guy been?"

our recruiting forces their hands as it brings so much uncertainty as to their role, development and playing time. They are doing what is best for them and given how we are loading our teams, its the right thing for them to do. To those laughing at Jav, he has given his all to this team so you should be ashamed. Good luck to both, but if it doesnt work out, please come back as you have represented the program very well.

The NBA has quite a few players that weren't drafted and are having or have had a nice career. Teams look for players that although they never will be great scorers or rebounders but will contribute. Maybe not next year but I can see both in the league someday. OFC

I think the laughing is from the fact that the testing the waters thing is new again. When you hear “declare for the draft” you think leaving. Neither are ready but will they ever be?

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think it’s a smart decision by both of them to test and see what they need to work on and to also experience the process.. wish both of them nothing but the best whether they stay in or come back! Once a Blue Devil always a Blue Devil

Reactions: jojozbludevilz
The thing for me is if they don’t know what they need to work on by now.....? Lol why didn’t Tre “test the waters” Thats why it’s funny to me. It’s like, it should be obvious by now. :) It was for Tre. Unless they think they have a shot at getting drafted which yea makes me yea lol

The thing for me is if they don’t know what they need to work on by now.....? Lol why didn’t Tre “test the waters” Thats why it’s funny to me. It’s like, it should be obvious by now. :) It was for Tre.
I think there’s a rule about how many times you can test the waters. If Tre knew he was 100% coming back no matter what it’s smart to keep that option open for next year.

I think there’s a rule about how many times you can test the waters. If Tre knew he was 100% coming back no matter what it’s smart to keep that option open for next year.
Didn’t know that. Makes sense to me.

I'm thinking about it, FTB. I'm a rising senior, and I need to declare before the critics start picking apart my game, or more likely, that I drop over dead. That always lowers your draft status.:D

There are dangers in 'testing the waters' though. Players beware!

XIAFgT3.jpg

OFC
Bloody Brilliant Dirt.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
The NBA has quite a few players that weren't drafted and are having or have had a nice career. Teams look for players that although they never will be great scorers or rebounders but will contribute. Maybe not next year but I can see both in the league someday. OFC
I don’t understand why people dawg players. Javin has the athleticism and skills to be what he is in college and the League, a role player.

Gleague isn’t so bad out of college especially if your making league money instead of a two way contract.

Him and Bolden will be in the league after they graduate.

I don’t understand why people dawg players. Javin has the athleticism and skills to be what he is in college and the League, a role player.

Gleague isn’t so bad out of college especially if your making league money instead of a two way contract.

Him and Bolden will be in the league after they graduate.

I sure hope you are right...I just disagree on Javin...but I've been wrong before

Not degrading the decision at all...why not take a chance...all I'm saying is if the NBA draft Javin it's gonna be a wasted pick on their part IMO...guy is a great athlete for sure but has zero offensive game and is average defender in college...i hope he makes it but I see no way on earth he does

You don't agree with me and that's fine
It has nothing to do with disagreeing. It has to do with being a jerk about it.

Reactions: skysdad
Sorry just being honest...sorry to upset you...I call it like I see it...on well

Doesn’t have anything to do with honesty either. “Leaving this year would likely result in going undrafted and having to scrap for a G League spot” could be argued as factual. Laughing at our guys and any team that would dare consider them with a draft pick is incredibly insulting and reeks of as Dat said, being a jerk.

I simply don’t understand why people can’t present their opinions without taking the lowest of blows against our guys. There’s so many ways to argue similar points with better choice of words.

And again, the rules have recently changed to be college athlete friendly. There is now no penalty for going through the process and gathering as much information as possible. Say both players are given criticisms of specific shortcomings that would make them less attractive to nba scouts. Say both players return to Duke and work on those shortcomings, becoming better all around players. That’s so hilarious.....

Doesn’t have anything to do with honesty either. “Leaving this year would likely result in going undrafted and having to scrap for a G League spot” could be argued as factual. Laughing at our guys and any team that would dare consider them with a draft pick is incredibly insulting and reeks of as Dat said, being a jerk.

I simply don’t understand why people can’t present their opinions without taking the lowest of blows against our guys. There’s so many ways to argue similar points with better choice of words.

And again, the rules have recently changed to be college athlete friendly. There is now no penalty for going through the process and gathering as much information as possible. Say both players are given criticisms of specific shortcomings that would make them less attractive to nba scouts. Say both players return to Duke and work on those shortcomings, becoming better all around players. That’s so hilarious.....

Ok then

And I never said it wasn't a good decision for them to test the waters...nothing to lose...I just don't see Javin ever in the NBA...again I hope I'm wrong

And I may have said it wrong...I apologize...don't want to upset anyone

I dont think either one will stick this year but dont have any problem with them at least getting evaluations and seeing what happens No matter what wish them the best and am glad they are Blue Devils. On the other side... people laughing about it, I dont care if they laugh or not, I guarantee most of the ones coming down on guys that are laughing would be doing the same if they played for unc or Kentucky.

Why so sensitive:D

My guess is that K encouraged them to go through the process and get the feedback. He would ne negligent if he didn't.
Laughing at a hard working kid for taking every legitimate opportunity afforded them is just plain ignorant. Should they forfeit an awesome opportunity? Should they not seek expert advice? Even if they plan on coming back after getting positive feedback the experience will benefit them next year in college and for next years draft.

I mean they've been with the GOAT for like 3 years. I don’t get it but lol

Sorry just being honest...sorry to upset you...I call it like I see it...on well
Not upset. Just being honest, calling it like I see it.

Of course, **I** actually recognize that "being honest" doesn't grant anyone immunity from a host of other criticisms, including being a jerk about something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT