ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden AND Javin testing the waters

If they are both in good academic standing, the Duke degree itself might be worth getting right now. They are only risking one year of a possible (nothing guaranteed) contract. By staying in the draft, they'd be forfeiting 60-70K in tuition and housing/perks and their last chance at a title and another year of being a big man on campus. This is a tough decision, but with three years under my belt, I'd stay for my senior year and enjoy every second of it. The NBA will still be there. If guys like Lance and Quinn can still be in the league in their mid to late 20s, then Jav and Queeeeees can do it too. Brotherhood for life!

If they are both in good academic standing, the Duke degree itself might be worth getting right now. They are only risking one year of a possible (nothing guaranteed) contract. By staying in the draft, they'd be forfeiting 60-70K in tuition and housing/perks and their last chance at a title and another year of being a big man on campus. This is a tough decision, but with three years under my belt, I'd stay for my senior year and enjoy every second of it. The NBA will still be there. If guys like Lance and Quinn can still be in the league in their mid to late 20s, then Jav and Queeeeees can do it too. Brotherhood for life!
Good post Denver. It would be nice if at least one of them agree with what you’re saying.
But let’s play the other side here. What if they’re tired of being thought of as just role players. Something they’ve been for 3 years. Maybe they don’t want their senior season to go like the other 3.
They didn’t go to “just get feedback.” They both are fishing, and both want something to grab the hook.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Good post Denver. It would be nice if at least one of them agree with what you’re saying.
But let’s play the other side here. What if they’re tired of being thought of as just role players. Something they’ve been for 3 years. Maybe they don’t want their senior season to go like the other 3.
They didn’t go to “just get feedback.” They both are fishing, and both want something to grab the hook.

Then I guess going to the league (NBA or G) is definitely the right move. Surely, they will have bigger roles at the professional level.

Reactions: jwill133
Can’t they come back anytime at no cost to finish? Thought that was part of the deal.

Reactions: dbav
If I was a GM as much as I love both guys, I would advise both to stay in school for their senior year. Not getting even a combine invite for a couple 6'10 guys is a pretty good indication you're not ready.

Rather stay in the first class facilities of Duke University an additional year than make rides to Cedar Rapids, Sioux Falls,etc. Predict one of two will definitely return and the worry warts about Duke's lack of inside depth can relax....

However anything can happen! Regardless I still feel we have the necessary pieces in place to CHALLENGE for our usual goals next season.

OFC

There are certainly perks to going pro right now. I’d think about how professional role players get treated before ditching role playing at Duke, because that’s the ceiling for both guys. They are defensive and rebounding role players at best in the pros. Neither guy has the hands for offense outside of college. That will limit opportunities greatly.

Reactions: Mac9192
There are certainly perks to going pro right now. I’d think about how professional role players get treated before ditching role playing at Duke, because that’s the ceiling for both guys. They are defensive and rebounding role players at best in the pros. Neither guy has the hands for offense outside of college. That will limit opportunities greatly.

I think maybe Javin needs to show the League he can hit a 10 ft jumper at the college level first. Just putting that out there.Would help 'Ques cause as well. OFC

I think maybe Javin needs to show the League he can hit a 10 ft jumper at the college level first. Just putting that out there.Would help 'Ques cause as well. OFC

How many 10ft jumpers do you think he will get to take with our potential roster next year? Over /under 2 a game? I'll take the under...unless he goes 100/100 he wont be encouraged to take that shot!

How many 10ft jumpers do you think he will get to take with our potential roster next year? Over /under 2 a game? I'll take the under...unless he goes 100/100 he wont be encouraged to take that shot![/QUOTE

Does the season start tomorrow Expat? No. Theres plenty of time rest of summer to come back and work on it. Lance Thomas certainly didnt have to hit a PLETHORA of mid-rangers his sr year to show HE COULD make that shot, however he did nail a few. Thats all I am saying. Go knock yourself out in Vegas now! :D:D OFC

This would be like me trying to give analysis of Game of Thrones....if I have zero clue what I’m talking about, I’m better off just keeping my mouth shut.
Glad I’m not the only one that hasn’t seen it.

I just still can’t see a world where javin gets drafted this year. We can definitely use him next year but an NBA team? No it’ll be awhile before he’s ready for that imo

He played his best games in a Duke uniform in March 2019. He logged some fouls for sure, but he didn't foul out in March, he rebounded well, and he scored some points as the 4th or 5th option. Bring this guy back, please!!

100% agree. We wouldn’t have beat UCF if Jav didn’t somehow miraculously grab that offensive rebound on our final possession from Z’s 3pt attempt. I think he did a really nice job on Tacko too... He just needs a little more polish offensively and foul-discipline on defense.

Reactions: christophero
We don't need Javin back. By all means let's put all our faith in a guy who was injured his senior year of h.s. and hasn't even stepped on campus and a 6-7 Aussie. (I love both those guys but you get my point)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT