ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden AND Javin testing the waters

My assumption is Bolden is gone and Javin comes back.
I would absolutely love for Bolden to be back though, think he could be a force next year.

Reactions: christophero
Feedback.

I'm sure we'll learn more about their intentions in the coming days. As juniors and under the current guidelines, I guess it makes sense for both to go through the process.

They have nothing to lose to go and get feedback. I think a bunch of KY players did the same thing last year that had no chance of getting drafted.

Reactions: dbav and sheyduke
Doesn’t hurt to get feedback. I laughed at Luke Maye declaring last year and expect many to laugh at Jav declaring this year. And before the expected rebuttals of what Maye did vs Jav in terms of production- neither have what the nba is looking for so both are equally laughable.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Hmm. Seems like in this scenario we lose Bolden and get Javin back. If we lose both we get super young yet again. Bolden could be an intriguing 2nd round pick for someone.

Last edited:
Javin will be back I’m sure! But not so sure about Marques! I think it might be 50/50 with him. May need to take a look at what grad transfers are out there to possibly come in if Marques decides to leave

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
The news was too good the last few weeks. Makes sense for them to get feedback but I hope they return.

Why laugh at Javin? He’s already on the draft boards for the second round.

When you look at Javin think Lance Thomas. He has all the intangibles to be a good Big off the bench and Javin does have a decent shot we just don’t get to see it. I didn’t laugh at Luke Maye either it never hurts to see what you need to focus on.

When you look at Javin think Lance Thomas. He has all the intangibles to be a good Big off the bench and Javin does have a decent shot we just don’t get to see it. I didn’t laugh at Luke Maye either it never hurts to see what you need to focus on.

I'm sorry but if Javin gets drafted at all I will laugh my ass off at the stupidity of an NBA team...sorry

Javin did seem to be figuring it out at the end of the season. Would be weird if Javin left and Bolden came back. I'd like to have at least one back for our young frontcourt.

And please tell me where he is on a mock draft?

Reactions: 2 skerz 3
I remember 2 years ago in October 2017, Duke held a practice with NBA scouts there. Obviously the scouts were oozing about Bagley and Carter.

However, I remember reading something about how they were extremely impressed with Javin's length and activity.

Here it is....
https://247sports.com/college/duke/...yers-impress-NBA-scouts-at-Pro-Day-109398577/

Javin is never gonna be a star at the college or pro level. But it wouldn't shock me if he is an NBA backup for years to come.

I’d spit all over myself if either get drafted. I also don’t see either as an NBA backup....ever lol

Reactions: Duke937
I don't see the humor out of any of this....Couple kids that have given a lot to the Duke program are going through the information gathering process to make an informed decision regarding their future....But could just be me

How many OFCers can we expect to declare and test the NBA waters?

I'm thinking about it, FTB. I'm a rising senior, and I need to declare before the critics start picking apart my game, or more likely, that I drop over dead. That always lowers your draft status.:D

There are dangers in 'testing the waters' though. Players beware!

XIAFgT3.jpg

OFC

I'm thinking about it, FTB. I'm a rising senior, and I need to declare before the critics start picking apart my game, or more likely, that I drop over dead. That always lowers your draft status.:D

There are dangers in 'testing the waters' though. Players beware!

XIAFgT3.jpg

OFC
Hahaha. Those facts are awesome! Water, the leading cause of drowning.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
This may have been answered in another thread and I missed it, but do we know if Jav or Bolden are set to graduate early?

I'm not sure many of us saw (Lance Thomas, Shav Randolph), make it to the league sure they went un-drafted, but worked their tails off to earn a spot and contract on a NBA team. I'm glad Coach K don't discourage his players from getting feedback from NBA scouts. Some of the comments here are kinda disrespectful to these players who give all they can for the letters on the front of their jerseys. just my humble opinion. GO DUKE!!

Some of the posts in this thread are the reason that I don’t post as much I used to during the season or during the off-season because it’s ridiculous how some posters call themselves Duke fans but overly criticize and make fun of Duke players.

I'm not sure many of us saw (Lance Thomas, Shav Randolph), make it to the league sure they went un-drafted, but worked their tails off to earn a spot and contract on a NBA team. I'm glad Coach K don't discourage his players from getting feedback from NBA scouts. Some of the comments here are kinda disrespectful to these players who give all they can for the letters on the front of their jerseys. just my humble opinion. GO DUKE!!

Agreed. And Seth Curry went undrafted if I remember correctly. He's now doing pretty damn well for himself.

But, yeah, I think Lance Thomas is the best blueprint for a guy like Javin. Not highly recruited coming out of high school. Not overly skilled based on the eye test. But size, athleticism, and a work ethic and now he's been in the league for years.

Why you gotta be so damn degrading all the time? Javin is a hard worker and a damn good athlete. How is it hurting for him to get into the process now and see what its like?

Not degrading the decision at all...why not take a chance...all I'm saying is if the NBA draft Javin it's gonna be a wasted pick on their part IMO...guy is a great athlete for sure but has zero offensive game and is average defender in college...i hope he makes it but I see no way on earth he does

You don't agree with me and that's fine

I just wanna see where he is listed on a mock draft anywhere like a previous poster stated

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT