ADVERTISEMENT

Bamba

Kentucky did not need bamba Richards is better, 40/0 cal will rule college basketball, k is to old, the game has past him. A day on rr message board lol

RRafters (like other boards) has their share of "doped dorm dwellers".
Look for the more mature posters next time.
UK did need Knox more than Bamba & still needs a G.(only have 3).
Like Duke needed Duval more than Bamba.
Duke will be looking to Bolden big time & UK will depend on Fr Richards
and hope for bench help from SKJones...Soph with no experience except
for practice.

Very interesting season for several elite teams.

BTW, what's your take on UNC? No Bradley??

RRafters (like other boards) has their share of "doped dorm dwellers".
Look for the more mature posters next time.
UK did need Knox more than Bamba & still needs a G.(only have 3).
Like Duke needed Duval more than Bamba.
Duke will be looking to Bolden big time & UK will depend on Fr Richards
and hope for bench help from SKJones...Soph with no experience except
for practice.

Very interesting season for several elite teams.

BTW, what's your take on UNC? No Bradley??
Ultimately I think Bradley returns although I'd hope he stays in the draft. I think UNC will still be pretty damn good next year with Berry running the point and if they get Cameron Johnson to play next year that would be huge for them. He would slide right into the vacancy from Justin Jackson. I don't think CBB will be as deep next year with the amount of quality teams that we had this year. I would think unc will be top ten all year long with Johnson and Berry, and if Bradley is back then I'd argue preseason number one.

Ultimately I think Bradley returns although I'd hope he stays in the draft. I think UNC will still be pretty damn good next year with Berry running the point and if they get Cameron Johnson to play next year that would be huge for them. He would slide right into the vacancy from Justin Jackson. I don't think CBB will be as deep next year with the amount of quality teams that we had this year. I would think unc will be top ten all year long with Johnson and Berry, and if Bradley is back then I'd argue preseason number one.

Can C Johnson transfer within the ACC and play next year?
I know he's a grad, but seems Pitt put a stipilation on it??
With Bradley and Cam , they are OK.

Now that's a team I can easily dislike.....starting with Roy:D

Can C Johnson transfer within the ACC and play next year?
I know he's a grad, but seems Pitt put a stipilation on it??
With Bradley and Cam , they are OK.

Now that's a team I can easily dislike.....starting with Roy:D
He can transfer outside of the ACC and play right away but Pitt mandated to sit out a year if he transfers within the conference. Roy is calling Pitt to get them to drop that...

Don't get that. The reason people were shocked that Knox picked UK was because they have almost a half dozen that play his same position. You guys lost Bam and have unproven nobodies in the post. Bamba was waaaay more needed than Knox for you guys. This is awesome....haaa.

Going to enjoy watching Knox ride the bench next year. There best Freshman and one of their top returning players play SF. Mr. Knox will be raising hell next year when his little boy averages 5 minutes of playing time per game.

Going to enjoy watching Knox ride the bench next year. There best Freshman and one of their top returning players play SF. Mr. Knox will be raising hell next year when his little boy averages 5 minutes of playing time per game.

I'm in your house an respect that........but our only returnee with PT shared
the PF with Willis last year....maybe go to the SF this year due to signing
Washington. As far as FR SF's Knox is the highest ranked recruit on the roster, whatever that's good for, the best shooter from 3 and maybe the only good % shooter period. As of now, only 10 on the roster + walk ons.
Saying that Knox won't find PT is like saying that Trent won't..
Could happen but not likely......most of us have only a couple all-star games
and ranking hype to form an opinion.

UK like Duke has had that problem before.......leading to discontent, transfers, etc.
Let's just hope your 4 best recruits meet expectations and like wise our top 6.
Both programs will (this year) live or die on FR success........IMO.
We likely will have 6 Fr in our top 8 rotation.
and according to what I read here Duke will have at least 3, maybe 4 in their 7-8 man rotation.

Knox family will realize snake Cal con them about him playing 2 guard lol

How many times has that ever happened since Cal has been at Kentucky?

Kentucky has no depth at all in the backcourt. I'm sure he will have to play the two and three spot quite often.

Knox family will realize snake Cal con them about him playing 2 guard lol

With only 3 G's on the roster...all Fr.(at this time) some one will have to
help at the 2G. . You have to have 5 in the game at all times to compete. Maybe Knox or Vanderbilt...both 6'8" or 9. :eek: Diallo if he returns:).

Both UK and Duke are hoping to get huge mins from their starting PG..maybe 35 mpg.
That will make a huge difference.

UK is going to be very good like always. But I will say that I hope if UK and Duke play that they use Knox at the 2. That set-up is not optimal for UK.

UK is going to be very good like always. But I will say that I hope if UK and Duke play that they use Knox at the 2. That set-up is not optimal for UK.

I won't debate that issue...you win..
Like your PG situation last year.....not optimal but the best you had.
(I agree with many Duke fans that Jackson should have gotten more PG pt.)

Reactions: christophero
Thank you for your respectful posts. Seriously. I think both our teams are young but in good positions. You having Knox is a luxury, and I haven't stopped smiling since we signed Duval. We should both improve plenty as the year goes on and be teams no one wants to see in the tourney.

Well if looks as though all the departures have departed and all the arrivals have arrived and the all the others have reached their preferred destinations and I ready to focus on just Duke basketball, football, baseball, Lacrosse, women's basketball etc. . OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson

Jackson wasn't a point guard he had no vision. He was at best a combo guard. His handle was shaky too. Great athlete, great shooter, can finish in Lane but never looked to pass.

Duval is a natural point guard. He has a tight handle will average 14 to 16 ppg along with 7 to 8 assists a game easy. Better on ball defender. Frank left because he wasn't going to run the point with Duval here. Duval only real weakness is outside shooting which he can mask with Allen and Trent Jr. Playing along side. Tucker, Alex O and even Jack White can hit from three.

Jackson wasn't a point guard he had no vision. He was at best a combo guard. His handle was shaky too. Great athlete, great shooter, can finish in Lane but never looked to pass.

Duval is a natural point guard. He has a tight handle will average 14 to 16 ppg along with 7 to 8 assists a game easy. Better on ball defender. Frank left because he wasn't going to run the point with Duval here. Duval only real weakness is outside shooting which he can mask with Allen and Trent Jr. Playing along side. Tucker, Alex O and even Jack White can hit from three.
Yes I really liked Jackson and wished like heck he had come back but he seemed content/relieved just to get the ball across halfcourt and then pass it away. :)

7-8 assists is a ton in college. I don't know the last time we had anyone average 7 a game. Maybe Duhon?

7-8 assists is a ton in college. I don't know the last time we had anyone average 7 a game. Maybe Duhon?

Duhon and Jason Williams each had years with 6 a game, but never higher. Guys like Will Avery, Tyus Jones, Nolan Smith, and Jon Scheyer - even a freshman Greg Paulus - had 5 and change seasons.

Hurley averaged 7 and change his first three years, and 8 as a senior. Duval will more than likely be in the 5 and change range. Which is fine, because Duke will need him to score too. I see him as a 14 and 5 guy or so.

Lil Quade will have to create for everyone except maybe PJ. Knox will be great in transition, limited in the half court. Knox does not poses an elite handle on the ball therefore quade will have to help create for knox through the offense. '17 might be the most crap back court I have seen in the Calipari era especially if hami does not return.

Lil Quade will have to create for everyone except maybe PJ. Knox will be great in transition, limited in the half court. Knox does not poses an elite handle on the ball therefore quade will have to help create for knox through the offense. '17 might be the most crap back court I have seen in the Calipari era especially if hami does not return.
Luckily it doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to master the "dribble drive" offense.

Denver, Cal needs a high powered point guard to run his high school x's and o's. When they do not have a lottery pick pg that offense is stale af. Quade is 6ft 160 maybe, and lacks elite athleticism. He is a good pg, just not a good fit for the Dribble Drive. (please do not compare tyler ulliss to quade, he does not have tyler ullis perimeter defense.)

Last edited:
Luckily it doesn't take a Rhodes Scholar to master the "dribble drive" offense.

I have always gotten a laugh out of this. Dribble the ball and drive with it. Hmmmm......about as revolutionary as Dean getting a lead and then telling his guys to play "keep away". Sheer genius!!!

Don't get that. The reason people were shocked that Knox picked UK was because they have almost a half dozen that play his same position. You guys lost Bam and have unproven nobodies in the post. Bamba was waaaay more needed than Knox for you guys. This is awesome....haaa.

Bamba is proven in the post? Lol...no!

Bamba is a freaky long athlete that basically is still pretty raw. Not much of a post up game, has great touch 12-18 ft. His biggest asset at UK would be his "potential" defensively as a shot blocker. Richards will be a great player, butbthe long depth would've been nuts if Bamba picked UK.

Denver, Cal needs a high powered point guard to run his high school x's and o's. When they do not have a lottery pick pg that offense is stale af. Quade is 6ft 160 maybe, and lacks elite athleticism. He is a good pg, just not a good fit for the Dribble Drive. (please do not compare tyler ulliss to quade, he does not have tyler ullis perimeter defense.)

I agree. UK will be an interesting team next year. Athletes no shooters. Knox is most likely their best shooter. Green is kinda like a Quinn Cook clone. Cal should have gone after Sexton. He has no shooters and no one that team can take you off the dribble.

I agree. UK will be an interesting team next year. Athletes no shooters. Knox is most likely their best shooter. Green is kinda like a Quinn Cook clone. Cal should have gone after Sexton. He has no shooters and no one that team can take you off the dribble.
If Knox is their best shooter, they may be in trouble

Hamidou Diallo is really going to surprise you then. They have talent. It's just not seemingly very complimentary.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT