ADVERTISEMENT

Bamba

Hey Bolden and Vrank just had big sighs of relief, and I am glad for those two guys! OFC

Add Javin to that list too. I truly think this will have a positive effect on Duke long term. AV and Javin getting good minutes this year and bringing heat with nasty guards we're hoping to land in '18 will be a beautiful thing to watch.

Richards will have a better season than Bamba.

Man, hope you're right.
We (like you) have so many unknowns. 7 Fr and SKJ

1 man with pt back..........start 5 Fr....all good on paper.

You folks have 3 great Fr and a 4th that looks Duke good.
2 big questions..will Bolden live up to his hype & will
Allen return to pre 17 form..if so Duke is in big time.
I like that team ...I'm not knowledge of your bench..just didn't
see them enough even tho I saw 15/20 games.

P.S. Like Duval being a greater need for Duke than Bamba,
Knox should help us more than Bamba if you can have only one.

Man, hope you're right.

Bamba is highly ranked based on his "unteachables". His length is other worldly and he's a freak athlete. Everything else is in catch up mode. He'll be a good pro eventually but in college he certainly won't be the difference between Texas' awful record and a better one.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Bamba is highly ranked based on his "unteachables". His length is other worldly and he's a freak athlete. Everything else is in catch up mode. He'll be a good pro eventually but in college he certainly won't be the difference between Texas' awful record and a better one.

I disagree. Texas had horrible defense and subpar offense, with a lack of frontcourt depth. Bamba will provide better D then Jarrett, play closer to the basket and have some experience around him to help.

He's really what Shaka needed to seriously compete.

What most acknowledged some obviously did not. I never got my hopes up as though it was the slam dunk recruit. Good luck to him as he saved Shakas job for one more yr. they maybe get that coveted final four spot in the nit with Missouri after all.

Bolden?

Man, hope you're right.

Don't get that. The reason people were shocked that Knox picked UK was because they have almost a half dozen that play his same position. You guys lost Bam and have unproven nobodies in the post. Bamba was waaaay more needed than Knox for you guys. This is awesome....haaa.

Reactions: Rocketman101
Not the knowledgeable ones. The real bb posters are/were more in want to have Diallo return or get the Pitt transfer. ..need G help more than another big.
Only have 3 G's..4 if you count Knox as a G.........all 4 are FR.
Hoping SkJ shows up.for some C help.. A big need like your need for Bolden to produce.

You are sooooo full of it. The "knowledgeable" posters want the Pitt grad transfer over Bamba, huh?? Lol, just stop. Yes, even Cal misses on a OAD every once in a while. Haaaaa.

"Bamba not coming here gives Richards and SKJ more motivation. This looks like a negtive but will be a positive when all is said and done."

Look how hurt they are......lol.

Reactions: Quavarius
Well it's looks like we're set for next year and I'm happy, confident and content with our team next tear. There's a reason for the ones that got away just as there is a reason we picked up Goldwire and Tucker so late. Pretty confident that both these guys will see their senior year at Duke and that pleases me because I love seniors and how wonderfully they are treated on Senior Day. Just think of the seniors we've had the last few years and what they meant to our program . They stuck it out after going through some tough times as underclassman and their share of criticism from this board. Every championship team we've had with the exception of the 2015 natty had upperclassman that played big roles in that championship and even that one we got big time contributions from Amile and Marshall both who were scrutinized by this board. I know it's a discussion board but sometimes we need to be just a little more patient with these kids. Just my opinion and I know both of these are going to get lasted next year and that's fine because it's the posters opinion. OFC

Sh
Well it's looks like we're set for next year and I'm happy, confident and content with our team next tear. There's a reason for the ones that got away just as there is a reason we picked up Goldwire and Tucker so late. Pretty confident that both these guys will see their senior year at Duke and that pleases me because I love seniors and how wonderfully they are treated on Senior Day. Just think of the seniors we've had the last few years and what they meant to our program . They stuck it out after going through some tough times as underclassman and their share of criticism from this board. Every championship team we've had with the exception of the 2015 natty had upperclassman that played big roles in that championship and even that one we got big time contributions from Amile and Marshall both who were scrutinized by this board. I know it's a discussion board but sometimes we need to be just a little more patient with these kids. Just my opinion and I know both of these are going to get lasted next year and that's fine because it's the posters opinion. OFC
Now we can release bench warriors Vrank the tank and the Delauriater on an unsuspecting nation next year. Look out!

Don't get that. The reason people were shocked that Knox picked UK was because they have almost a half dozen that play his same position. You guys lost Bam and have unproven nobodies in the post. Bamba was waaaay more needed than Knox for you guys. This is awesome....haaa.

Look at the roster.....3 FR G.s

Big wings or PF...Vanderbilt,,,Washington..Knox & returning Gagriel (4 not 6)
.........Still need a G more than a big........hopeful its Diallo.

C top 15 Richards , SKJ , Wynyard.

By your reasoning, Duke could use Bamba........or is Bolden proven?
And yes, would rather lose Bamba to Texas than to Duke.
Don't you feel the same about UK?

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS

I don't really feel anything about UK as I usually come here to talk about, you know, Duke. :)

I disagree. Texas had horrible defense and subpar offense, with a lack of frontcourt depth. Bamba will provide better D then Jarrett, play closer to the basket and have some experience around him to help.

He's really what Shaka needed to seriously compete.

Meh. He's not a difference maker in many categories other than blocked shots because of his length. He actually doesn't rebound well out of position and he's not a scorer. His lack of strength could be a problem against college players in terms of positioning.

I hate this because it sounds like I think Bamba is a scrub. He's not a scrub at all. He has generational length and athleticism. My questions only come from the thought can he make that translate because he's gotten by with it all throughout high school and AAU.

Reactions: DukeJim99
Meh. He's not a difference maker in many categories other than blocked shots because of his length. He actually doesn't rebound well out of position and he's not a scorer. His lack of strength could be a problem against college players in terms of positioning.

I hate this because it sounds like I think Bamba is a scrub. He's not a scrub at all. He has generational length and athleticism. My questions only come from the thought can he make that translate because he's gotten by with it all throughout high school and AAU.

He is there to help the development of James Banks, allow Dylan to be a stretch 4, play defense and get put backs. It was a perfect, high profile recruit for Texas, not necessarily Bamba going to a school he's the 1st option.

Sky Quinn Cook also comes to mind from that 2015 team as an upperclassman who had a bit of a rocky road at times. What a sr year he had however, especially as a LEADER!

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Add Javin to that list too. I truly think this will have a positive effect on Duke long term. AV and Javin getting good minutes this year and bringing heat with nasty guards we're hoping to land in '18 will be a beautiful thing to watch.
If they don't go pro

Cat Ballou:
"I'm honestly okay with it. First I'm glad it's over. Second, I was worried about guys like Nick Richards and SKJ being pushed to the bench or transferring after a year of playing behind Bamba."

LOL.....

Reactions: Quavarius
Cat Ballou:
"I'm honestly okay with it. First I'm glad it's over. Second, I was worried about guys like Nick Richards and SKJ being pushed to the bench or transferring after a year of playing behind Bamba."

LOL.....
Not sure I disagree with that quote or logic. We have the same logic. We were out of the Bamba game when Bolden said he was coming back. Most fans had the same reaction- would rather that he come back and miss on Bamba at the expense of pushing Bolden out or to the bench, same with Vrank.

Many had a similar logic to the Knox recruitment and quite frankly it was split down the middle. Half wanted him bc we don't have someone like him in the fold, the other half didn't want him bc they want to give those minutes to Javin and/or Jack/Alex/Tucker.

I am more or less pleased with how the roster shook out. I was never huge on Knox, personally thought he would go to UnC, so what do I know. The only thing I was disappointed with is losing Frank.

He is there to help the development of James Banks, allow Dylan to be a stretch 4, play defense and get put backs. It was a perfect, high profile recruit for Texas, not necessarily Bamba going to a school he's the 1st option.

I'll buy that. And that definitely is in his best interest.

Couldn't care less about uk

I don't really feel anything about UK as I usually come here to talk about, you know, Duke. :)

C'mon Man, you can't be a true Dukie without having some dislike for UK.
I respect Duke and watch about half of Duke's game (I like good bb), but seriously, I have a bit of dislike for Duke......past history should explain that.
I follow Duke recruiting and hope you don't do too well......that's what rival fans do.......Peace:rolleyes:

Wonder how opinions would change say he chose Duke lol mine included!
C'mon Man, you can't be a true Dukie without having some dislike for UK.
I respect Duke and watch about half of Duke's game (I like good bb), but seriously, I have a bit of dislike for Duke......past history should explain that.
I follow Duke recruiting and hope you don't do too well......that's what rival fans do.......Peace:rolleyes:[/QUOTE

Haha. I don't really hate any team. Really. But I love Duke.

Outside shooting is the biggest detriment to Texas. They are atrocious. Every single returning guard. Look at the 3-pt percentages:

Andrew Jones: 32.8%
Kerwin Roach: 28.4%
Eric Davis: 25.9%
Jacob Young: 22.7%

From all the reports I've read, Matt Coleman isn't such a great outside shot either. Bamba will do fine in the system, but Texas will be very limited if they can't hit perimeter jumpers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT