ADVERTISEMENT

Amile

I agree Duke could have a good run with Amile back. We got to see more Chase against UNC

We can't play in back to back games like the ACCT with no subs. Even 2 games in 3 days in the NCAAT will be tough. We could use Amile just to have an extra body

Coach K has never been a "delayed gratification" guy. Even this season on this board people have complained about his unwillingness to play guys like Jeter for more minutes and development. It is not K's style - he goes for the throat, so to speak, every time out (which is how you win 5 championships and 1000+ games). I love that about him, some fans don't. But that quality is what leads me to believe that Amile will not pursue the redshirt option. I know K has publicly said he wishes he had redshirted Ryan Kelly, but those were vastly different circumstances (primarily that Jefferson is a senior).

^ Yes, he said he wished he had redshirted him his freshman year (2010) when he averaged about 6 min. a game and 1 point per. Imagine that 13-14 Parker/Hood team with a 5th year senior Kelly!

Wow, that team was already really talented. Probably could have been a 1 seed with Kelly.

Just saw a picture from today with Amile in his practice jersey but they are seated so can't see the foot

It was on the "Duke blue devil athletics" page on Facebook and I just looked and its gone lol it linked and article talking about one of the school presidents stopes by

Just saw a picture from today with Amile in his practice jersey but they are seated so can't see the foot

Not sure this tells us much. Wouldn't he wear this jersey even if he were doing non-contact individual work as well? As we all know, he's been doing some basketball-related activities at practice for a few weeks. The issue has been that he hasn't been able to actually participate in team practices at full speed. I don't know if we should get too excited about this photo.

Not sure this tells us much. Wouldn't he wear this jersey even if he were doing non-contact individual work as well? As we all know, he's been doing some basketball-related activities at practice for a few weeks. The issue has been that he hasn't been able to actually participate in team practices at full speed. I don't know if we should get too excited about this photo.

Never said we should be but with no news in a long time thought I'd share this.. Not a big deal

Judging by the way K answered the question about Amile after the Louisville game, I'm definitely wondering about him. At this point we may not see him til the NCAA tourney.

I feel like if his foot is still in pain and he has to work on conditioning, putting him through the grind of the ACC tourney seems unlikely.

And the season continues to stroll by without him.... Man I wish he could play.

At this point ACCT seems if we get really lucky... Plus he has to get back into game shape...

Amile is a stud who would instantly add to Duke's chances of advancing in the tournament. But from his standpoint is it not in his best interests to red shirt (if possible, please correct me if I am wrong and he is not able to do so) and come back as a leader of your team which with the incoming class may well be one of the favorites to win it all next year? I would think he could be a lottery pick next year (I think he has that potential) but not close now with an ongoing injury and short season to produce if he comes back this year. I don't think Duke will win it all this season with Amile, but next year with him as a major contributor to a loaded roster I think he excels and your chances of a NC are as good as any other team. I do wish him well as it appears he is nothing but a great student athlete, a guy who has waited for his time, and an overall good person.

I guess I don't see him just coming back for the ACCT and NCAAT. I feel it must happen in the next week or so....

Intel or just feeling? Because feeling wise I agree 100% he and we need games with him before the run.. I do think the role he plays is a simple one to just add back in though but still it'd be optimal for a game or two before 1 and done season

I don't know how much Amile can add to this team if he doesn't get before the end oiinf conference play. But if he takes the medical redshirt, Duke may have the most talented team in Coach K's tenure next year with 2 senior leaders. I think the talent level may be better than 1998-99 team potentially with Tatum and Jackson.

Lot of speculation of this being a sign that he is back Thursday.... While Im starting to become pumped at the chance he comes back Thursday, I am tempering my excitement until we see him actually on the floor... But man if he does come back Thursday, what a huge boost it will be for this team to have its leader out there! Plus Cameron would go absolutely insane!

http://collegespun.com/acc/duke/duk...n-allen-posted-a-picture-with-amile-jefferson

Here's the post and a little article that adds nothing lol.. If he's not going to play then this is kind of an odd thing to post knowing we want and need him back lol
Exactly, I don't think he would post something like this without thinking about how it's going to be viewed. It's not like he posts often either so I believe there is significance to it, but we will find out soon enough!

Reactions: pisgah101
Nothing would make me happier than Amile coming back and us just blowing out Florida State kinda like that ND game last year. It would certainly put the fear of God in the rest of the ACC and most of the nation. We haven't had a true blowout since the VT game about 7 weeks ago.

Oh this has me excited, but Amiles going to be rusty. If nothing else him being able to keep everyone's minutes in check will be beneficial these next couple of games while he is getting back in shape.

Intel or just feeling? Because feeling wise I agree 100% he and we need games with him before the run.. I do think the role he plays is a simple one to just add back in though but still it'd be optimal for a game or two before 1 and done season

Actually....just a feeling. I just don't see Duke bringing him back to play in only the ACCT and NCAAT. IMO, they'd want him acclimated back into the rotation and to just playing basketball. I don't want to be a debbie-downer, but we all know about this team's shortcomings. As well as we've played of late the margin for error is still small. If he comes back, I think it has to be in the next one or two games.

Amile is a stud who would instantly add to Duke's chances of advancing in the tournament. But from his standpoint is it not in his best interests to red shirt (if possible, please correct me if I am wrong and he is not able to do so) and come back as a leader of your team which with the incoming class may well be one of the favorites to win it all next year? I would think he could be a lottery pick next year (I think he has that potential) but not close now with an ongoing injury and short season to produce if he comes back this year. I don't think Duke will win it all this season with Amile, but next year with him as a major contributor to a loaded roster I think he excels and your chances of a NC are as good as any other team. I do wish him well as it appears he is nothing but a great student athlete, a guy who has waited for his time, and an overall good person.

That's assuming it's an option for Amile. I mean, we know he can get a medical redshirt, but does he want to? Besides, he's not going to be a 24-year-old lottery pick. He's already turning 23 this upcoming May, which would make him 24 by the time of the 2017 draft. You have some NBA players who already have been in the league for a half-decade at that point.

IMO, I think Amile feels his time is now. This is the team he was picked to captain. The team he was chosen to lead. There's a sense of being there for them. If, and I mean if, Amile can play in the next seven days, then I think he will.

Btw, I read on THR you're having some type of "major" surgery soon....thoughts and prayers to you and the best of luck.

Reactions: CatcherForLife6
kills me to have to agree with a tar heel fan, but in this case ido. Hell must be freezing over lol

I don't know how much Amile can add to this team if he doesn't get before the end oiinf conference play. But if he takes the medical redshirt, Duke may have the most talented team in Coach K's tenure next year with 2 senior leaders. I think the talent level may be better than 1998-99 team potentially with Tatum and Jackson.

no, but they will be very good. Amile isn't redshirting though. Not IMO

K said Jones and Thornton will be back for FSU but said except Amile

^ Yes, he said he wished he had redshirted him his freshman year (2010) when he averaged about 6 min. a game and 1 point per. Imagine that 13-14 Parker/Hood team with a 5th year senior Kelly!

That team would have been really good.

K said Jones and Thornton will be back for FSU but said except Amile

Are you saying he specifically said Amile will not play, or that he omitted Amile when saying Jones and Thornton would go? Either scenario is not particularly promising, but specifically saying Amile is a no-go would be much worse.

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT