ADVERTISEMENT

Gameball: Duke vs Hofstra

Who gets the Gameball?

• Kyle Filipowski - 28 pts - 12 reb - 8 ast - 1 stl - 3 blk - (7 to)

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Mark Mitchell - 14 pts - 6 reb - 2 ast - 1 stl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeremy Roach - 19 pts - 3 reb - 8 ast - 2 stl

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Jalen Blakes - 4 pts - 1 reb - 2 ast and energy it felt like he was everywhere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Our best looking game offensively IMO.

Defense was not quite as bad in first half as they were implying By my view. There were definite problems but it was exaggerated because in addition to the admittedly too many open shots we gave up there were also some very well contested shots that were falling.

Anyway Scgeyer righted the ship and player decision making was much better.

Filipowski is the obvious choice stats wise - but Roach, Blakes or Mitchell are also good choices with really good play.

Got a good game from all our starters.

Roach played awesome and has been an absolute God sent this whole year. Player of the game is obviously Flip. It pains some on here to credit the kid but he's a warrior.

Oh it hurt your soul to type that out and you know it. Not fooling me.
How old are you, like 30? I like Flip. But you’re bordering on delusional to not see that he has whined and complained more than he should.
He did none of that tonight. He was the best player on the court.

How old are you, like 30? I like Flip. But you’re bordering on delusional to not see that he has whined and complained more than he should.
He did none of that tonight. He was the best player on the court.
What does it matter how old I am? You have called me out for any comment I've ever made on Young and cast more criticism on Flip than anyone I've seen. Like you so graciously said about Young that I'll say about Flip, "last time I checked, he played for Duke".

You're a clown.

Reactions: Fourteen44
What does it matter how old I am? You have called me out for any comment I've ever made on Young and cast more criticism on Flip than anyone I've seen. Like you so graciously said about Young that I'll say about Flip, "last time I checked, he played for Duke".

You're a clown.
Come on now he’s not a clown

Reactions: Mac9192
Anyone rational fan should admit Flip hasn't been as sharp as needed. Up until last night, he has whined/complained at the refs too much, and forced shots. I know plenty of Duke fans that feel the same way. The guy we saw last night is who we want to see. He got everyone involved. He's capable of putting up numbers like last night again, but no one expects it.

He and Roach are our leaders.

Reactions: dukesince91
Anyone rational fan should admit Flip hasn't been as sharp as needed. Up until last night, he has whined/complained at the refs too much, and forced shots. I know plenty of Duke fans that feel the same way. The guy we saw last night is who we want to see. He got everyone involved. He's capable of putting up numbers like last night again, but no one expects it.

He and Roach are our leaders.
I have got to say - there is SOME justification in the way Flip can act at times. You just have to watch Flip on the offensive end when he does not have the ball to see how he is held, pushed, hit in the throat, elbowed in the back etc. The teams do not want him to get the ball and they use every means within the bounds of the rules and beyond to shut down our best player. It gets downright dirty at times. Post play especially - off the ball improper play does not get called often because there is naturally a bit of jostling and opposing teams take advantage of that.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
I have got to say - there is SOME justification in the way Flip can act at times. You just have to watch Flip on the offensive end when he does not have the ball to see how he is held, pushed, hit in the throat, elbowed in the back etc. The teams do not want him to get the ball and they use every means within the bounds of the rules and beyond to shut down our best player. It gets downright dirty at times. Post play especially - off the ball improper play does not get called often because there is naturally a bit of jostling and opposing teams take advantage of that.
Totally agree, but it’s just the way that he complains that probably bothers most people. He does spend a lot of time on the floor.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Totally agree, but it’s just the way that he complains that probably bothers most people. He does spend a lot of time on the floor.
If Flip played for the holes, and acted like he has in some of these games, everyone here would be in sync calling him a crybaby. It has affected his game.

The Flip against Hofstra was an All American.

Obviously I'm a huge fan of the kid, but the complaining does get old from him. I think it's easy to forget he's not a center and really shouldnt be the guy we have banging down low and taking the abuse a center does. It makes it all the more respectable what he's been doing for this team this year.

Didn’t vote and really thought it was a team effort . Flip realizing to kick it out of the double team to open players . Roach learning to attack and he has to take over at times . It’s a good building block.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT