• Alex O'Connell: 16 pts - 3 ast - 2 stl

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Marques Bolden: 12 pts - 11 reb - 5 blk

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Some don't like a Gameball poll when we lose and I do not always post one.

However, I thought this Duke team played hard, though very imperfect, in adverse conditions. While I do not subscribe to the "good loss" philosophy I do think this was not a "bad loss."

We lost our best defender in Jones, we were missing another starter, this forced us to play with a group with little in-game playing experience.

Syracuse played well above their normal level and that was not because the defense collapsed and we gave them open look after open look. They were making some really difficult shots - something they have been largely unsuccessful at this year. Yet, our team hung tough - they made some mistakes, and they fell short but they never gave up their fight.

I'm glad you posted this thread, Phil. I'm in the camp of having a gameball poll after every game, win or lose. It just seems like sour grapes if we don't. Coach K has an awards ceremony at the end of the year to honor the Blue Devils...whether we win a championship or not. We have banners hung that aren't NCAA banners. There are national awards for players...and not all of them have won a championship. Win or lose, treat it all with a certain amount of integrity, anything less cheats the players and ourselves imo.
Okay, I got that off my chest, and I know many, if not most, will disagree, but so be it.

Zion gets my vote.

OFC

Zion was a stud, as usual, but I'm going with Bolden. I really thought he stepped up.
Proud of the effort by all the kids.

Have to go with Zion, even though I thought Bolden really stepped up!!!
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT