ADVERTISEMENT

Alcohol and NCAA games

Dad2ze

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 8, 2012
This side of the Neuse
I thought beer/wine sales were prohibited from being sold at any NCAA game/event. I saw a game the other night and a guy in the stands had beer. Anyway know the reason this happens at some events?

If I'm not mistaken, the conference makes the decision. I know in the SEC they don't sell alcohol. I went to an LSU game at West Virginia 4-5 years ago. They were selling beer in the stadium.

I would think neutral sites would want to sell alcohol also. Big part of their revenue.

Socon tourney in Asheville sells beer but I've never been to an on campus game that did

If I'm not mistaken, the conference makes the decision. I know in the SEC they don't sell alcohol. I went to an LSU game at West Virginia 4-5 years ago. They were selling beer in the stadium.
I wasn't sure if the conference made the call or the NCAA did. Just curious.

I believe if the hosting venue is off campus you have a chance, not sure what other factors are involved. I've traveled to a lot of the BIG football stadiums non of which serve (that I've traveled to) and I can tell there isn't a need for alcohol to be served at those games! And I don't mind drinking a beer or 12. They do serve at UMn, TCF stadium, but that's a raucous 45000 fans lol so it's not to bad ;)

West Virginia was still in the Big East when I went; I don't know what the Big East's policy is now. The only other venues I've been to are Duke and a few football stadiums in the SEC. I do agree that it isn't needed in the stadiums. Especially down here at LSU. They get more than enough in their system while they're tailgating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT