ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Strength of Schedule

RanDEVILman

All Conference
Jan 13, 2014
I may be wrong...But it seems like UNC gets to play more of the ACC's best at the Dean dome a lot. I don't think this is a conspiracy because it's hard to predict the best teams every year. But UNC doesn't got to FSU, lville or ND this year. Duke went to all of those places. UNCs toughest road game is at UVA (not counting Duke because it cancels out), which Duke had to do too. Is the schedule just on a rotation?

Duke will travel to the top 8 ACC teams by year's end, obviously taking us out of the equation. We will be battle tested by March. With that said I do not believe there is a conspiracy or anything of the sort. That is simply how it shook out this year and I'm fine with it.

I know the regular season title is watered down a little now because of the uneven schedule...I just want to see Duke run the table and win all three every year, and it seems like recently we've had to go to Lville and to UVa and to ND or FSU every year.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I may be wrong...But it seems like UNC gets to play more of the ACC's best at the Dean dome a lot. I don't think this is a conspiracy because it's hard to predict the best teams every year. But UNC doesn't got to FSU, lville or ND this year. Duke went to all of those places. UNCs toughest road game is at UVA (not counting Duke because it cancels out), which Duke had to do too. Is the schedule just on a rotation?

I hear ya my friend, and you hear VERY LITTLE about it from the area or ESPNC media because its to UNC's benefit. If roles were reversed this year, people would say Duke conspired w/someone for the schedule. Its like K told Bob Harris in pregame yesterday, "they're (media) going to talk about us no matter what we do."

OFC

As 2015 has taught us, you don't need to win the conference regular or tournament to win the NCAA title. Sure, I'd love to win all three, but we used to win regular season and conference titles and then flame out in the NCAA Tournament.

Having young but talented teams now means we may not start hitting our stride until late February, early March when our talent gels together and other experienced, less talented teams may flame out.

It's a new era. Our conference is just too strong to wait until our OADs finally hit their stride later in the year, which means winning the regular season may be out of reach by the time our guys start figuring it all out.

As 2015 has taught us, you don't need to win the conference regular or tournament to win the NCAA title. Sure, I'd love to win all three, but we used to win regular season and conference titles and then flame out in the NCAA Tournament.

This is true...sometimes an early flame out in the ACC tourney can be the kick in the pants the team needs to fuel a strong postseason run!

OFC

This is true...sometimes an early flame out in the ACC tourney can be the kick in the pants the team needs to fuel a strong postseason run!

OFC
Tatum is playing for the top spot. The other frosh (possibly Grayson and Luke) are trying to improve their stock as well. Hopefully this translates to all out effort and not poor shot selection and fouls.

Let's not forget too that Amile and Matt are closing the door on their Duke days. They won't go quietly.

Of the top 11 teams in the ACC, Wake Forest being #11, Duke has played every single one on the road except Georgia Tech (tied for 9th). We don't play a single road game against the bottom 4 teams in the league. As luck would have it, UNC has almost the exact opposite. They play all of the bottom 6 teams on the road. Road games are obviously harder to win, so it's nice when you can get some of the less-talented schools on the road. Luck of the Roy.

Of the top 11 teams in the ACC, Wake Forest being #11, Duke has played every single one on the road except Georgia Tech (tied for 9th). We don't play a single road game against the bottom 4 teams in the league. As luck would have it, UNC has almost the exact opposite. They play all of the bottom 6 teams on the road. Road games are obviously harder to win, so it's nice when you can get some of the less-talented schools on the road. Luck of the Roy.
It's not coincidence. It seems to happen every year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT