ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Pick'em - DI Style

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
Do we have any interest in doing this again? I just copy-and-pasted the rules that got things rolling last season when VaBlueDevil33 dominated this contest. Read below and let me know if you're interested in participating again.

"I'm a little late to the game on this, but it's something I've wanted to get started for a couple years....and it's a good way to be interactive. If it's popular and people get into it we'll continue, if not we'll do away with it. But last year there was a group of about 10-15 of us who had fun with this.

Here's what I'm thinking....I'll do the double-checking and all of the figuring, then post a thread every Monday with updated standings and the games for that week. I'll select six ACC games per week and you pick the winners. Here's the caveat, you select them in your order of probability....meaning from six (your highest probability) down to one (your lowest probability). Then, based off that you get your score.

Let's say, for example, these are the games for the week....Duke-BC, UNC-GT, Clem-VT, Miami-Pitt, State-Cuse and FSU-Wake. If I feel most strongly about Duke beating BC, then that's my #6 game. If I pick correctly, I get six points. If I miss it I get zero. Then it works the same as you stagger the games down from five to one. If you have a week where you pick all six games correctly you can earn as many as 21 points. Make sense?

Your picks, for my sanity, look like this, for example....

(6) Duke over BC
(5) UNC over GT
(4) Clem over VT
(3) Miami over Pitt
(2) State over Cuse
(1) FSU over Wake

1) Is this easy enough for everyone to understand, and 2) would we have enough people (even if it's 8-10 per week on average) to participate? I could post the games for this week later today in a separate thread and I'd make sure none of them are played until tomorrow at the earliest to try and get more people in.

We'd keep a cumulative season total and the winner can get a thread proclaiming himself as the greatest ACC basketball mind on the board where we all bow to his graces....or something like that.

Let me know what everyone is thinking. If it's stupid I won't do it....it would certainly save me some time. :D

I'm also open to other ideas, or someone who wishes to help."

Count me in Dukiejay but is there anyway you can make VaBlueDevil33 tell us his secret so us mere mortals can have a chance? He beats everyone like a rug.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT