ADVERTISEMENT

5PointPlay Podcast

Seriously guys. @timo0402 has some really nice connections and got the Tre news out very early. I’m lucky to be working with him on this thing and it’s great content to get to listen to. He puts our shows together and his work is brilliant. If you haven’t listened this week...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!!! :D

Seriously guys. @timo0402 has some really nice connections and got the Tre news out very early. I’m lucky to be working with him on this thing and it’s great content to get to listen to. He puts our shows together and his work is brilliant. If you haven’t listened this week...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!!! :D

Do you have a way of knowing how many people listen?

What’s the K stand for in TK?

Obviously I’m not really asking you to put your last name out there Timo. Just messing around by attempting to insinuate it could be Krzyzewski.

Reactions: timo0402
Just got through listening, and again a stellar show. You guys pack a lot of stuff into that 50 minute podcast! I loved the intro with the Cam Bam shot. Oh, and I believe that 'audience approval' sound clip when 'hokie talked himself into a Duke win was something new to your podcasts (I love those type of touches). Again, I'm old, maybe I missed it before:). Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed, thanks for all the hard work guys.
OFC

Just got through listening, and again a stellar show. You guys pack a lot of stuff into that 50 minute podcast! I loved the intro with the Cam Bam shot. Oh, and I believe that 'audience approval' sound clip when 'hokie talked himself into a Duke win was something new to your podcasts (I love those type of touches). Again, I'm old, maybe I missed it before:). Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed, thanks for all the hard work guys.
OFC

You are spot on, dirt. We threw the clapping in as a little fun gag to kind of rally the troops.

I’m fired up for this game. Tre or not, I think the things that RJ and Zion do can hurt UVA, and throw in an efficient Cam, we’ll be able to score. From there it’s on the defense to not let Ty Jerome, DeAndre Hunter and Kyle Guy go nuts. Their three vs. our Three, give me our three all day!

Our House!!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
You are spot on, dirt. We threw the clapping in as a little fun gag to kind of rally the troops.

I’m fired up for this game. Tre or not, I think the things that RJ and Zion do can hurt UVA, and throw in an efficient Cam, we’ll be able to score. From there it’s on the defense to not let Ty Jerome, DeAndre Hunter and Kyle Guy go nuts. Their three vs. our Three, give me our three all day!

Our House!!!
That’s what I’m talking about DH. This is our mother bleeping house. Uva better have their big boy drawers on tonight. I’m pumped for this game. Let’s do this!!!!!

OFC
The hilarious part is i didn’t even know about the clap he added in until i listened in myself haha

giphy.gif
Need it!

In this week's episode, TK and AC breakdown the huge UVA win, chronicle some positives and negatives from the Pitt game, Duke's life without Tre and his soon-to-be return, Duke's direction after Isaiah Stewart, and predictions for Georgia Tech and Notre Dame. This is a jam packed episode!

Good job guys. Applaud you two for taking initiative to do a podcast, don’t have a clue what’s involved in making one happen, and you’re both knowledgeable about Duke.

You’ve both asked for input, so take this considering I have never done one or considered doing one. Got to spice it up some. Eight episodes in, now get some counter points or disagreeing going.

They’ve disagreed on things, Jack starting, who would win against FSU. If they naturally disagree on something would love to hear it. If not, don’t force it, this isn’t ESPN.

Another great episode guys!

Thanks for listening guys! And thanks for the feedback! To add, we disagreed in how we thought K would handle Tre being out- i mistakenly thought he would put the ball in Cams hands as a point forward role, instead @dukehokie correctly pointed out and predicted the way RJ would run the team. While i think we more or less agree more often than not, there are some areas we see the game differently. I am glad he talked me into taking Duke over UVA though last week!

Reactions: dukehokie
Good job guys. Applaud you two for taking initiative to do a podcast, don’t have a clue what’s involved in making one happen, and you’re both knowledgeable about Duke.

You’ve both asked for input, so take this considering I have never done one or considered doing one. Got to spice it up some. Eight episodes in, now get some counter points or disagreeing going.

We do appreciate he feedback Mac. And this has been something you’ve asked for a lot. As chov said, we have had moments where we have opposing viewpoints. We’ll never go the First Take route, but when it happens organically it does.

Quite honestly, if this makes sense, this Duke team is very straight forward. So finding spots to create arguments where it actually makes sense are few and far between.

We obviously differed on the Jack starting stance and even in this episode we had a small debate about playing zone some when Tre gets back. That one may very well evolve into a full discussion point. But I’m not going to say, Alex should start over Cam, to counterpoint @timo0402 having a positive spin on what Cam does.

I hope that makes sense. I agree, it’s more entertaining when you can create multiple perspectives, and I promise we’re looking for those opportunities, but with this team, they do what they do. They play D, they score inside and they love playing the game. I wish we started this thing last year. Haha.

I wish we started this thing last year. Haha.
May have fried your system if the podcast started last season. Lol. You’re right, this team is different.
Here’s a few topics for you two to discuss on the next episode, barring nothing changes from what has been the norm the last few games:

Javin: is he where you two think he should be
Alex: is he in K’s doghouse, and is he where he should be
The rotation: do you both like the heavy reliance of minutes placed on starters.

I’m not asking you two to come to blows or anything, just wonder what, if any, differences that you two may have than how K does it.

Are we a better team without Tre? We went 2-0 in his absence. Just kidding. Had to throw that in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Here’s a few topics for you two to discuss on the next episode, barring nothing changes from what has been the norm the last few games:

Javin: is he where you two think he should be
Alex: is he in K’s doghouse, and is he where he should be
The rotation: do you both like the heavy reliance of minutes placed on starters.

Some good talking points, particularly the first two. Javin's play especially since ACC play has begun appears to have taken a definite regression. Can he recover and get the fairly solid efforts back for us in defense, rebounding, dunks and /or stickbacks???

Alex, wow thats another mystery. Does he simply need longer stretches of minutes to shine (Syracuse), or this is about what we can expect during short stretches/short leash(a turnover, missed shot or two, etc?) I know Hokie mentioned Timo's inside connections- perhaps he could find out if Alex is in the doghouse f/whatever reason....Thanks guys!

This year there’s nothing really to piss and moan about.....:mad: haha . There’s nothing really to talk about other than the obvious (for the people that know basketball) Nothing really to debate that (y’all) would see differently. Tough year for a podcast. Put Dachamp on that’ll spice things up! :D

This year there’s nothing really to piss and moan about.....:mad: haha . There’s nothing really to talk about other than the obvious (for the people that know basketball) Nothing really to debate that (y’all) would see differently. Tough year for a podcast. Put Dachamp on that’ll spice things up! :D

Pick and Roll Ipsy!!! Pick and Roll!:p:cool::cool::eek::D

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
A drunk blind man gotta better chance of peeing in a toilet with the seat down successfully than I got cementing a damn thing in that hard head.

Some good talking points, particularly the first two. Javin's play especially since ACC play has begun appears to have taken a definite regression. Can he recover and get the fairly solid efforts back for us in defense, rebounding, dunks and /or stickbacks???

Alex, wow thats another mystery. Does he simply need longer stretches of minutes to shine (Syracuse), or this is about what we can expect during short stretches/short leash(a turnover, missed shot or two, etc?) I know Hokie mentioned Timo's inside connections- perhaps he could find out if Alex is in the doghouse f/whatever reason....Thanks guys!

Take a listen when you get a chance Hart. We actually talk about every one of those things in the podcast this week, with a few differing opinions even.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT