ADVERTISEMENT

3 Losses

Tim1515

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Dec 1, 2006
Can you believe this team only has 3 losses?

Looking at the schedule and the fact we got hammered by NC State and Miami...it is really an amazing accomplishment.

Ken Pomeroy has us at 63th for defensive efficiency which is bad news...but I have to imagine our adjustments halfway through the season would put us closer to 30-40th stretched over a full year.

This team is built for a run. Not sure if final four is in the cards but I'm excited to find out.

Originally posted by GTHC, GTH!:
Only because of the refs. Remember that.
I'm so sick of hearing this argument.

It's because of K's bullying of the refs. Get it right.

I was talking about this to my son yesterday. If you knew at the beginning of the season we would be 28-3 I think most of us would be pretty darn happy. You factor in who we lost to and who we beat and its a bit of a roller coaster, but dang that's a pretty good record for a freshman dominated team. And now the second season begins, our freshman are seasoned, and we are playing some great ball. Bring on the tourneys!!!!

Go Duke!

Alan

Our national reputation has somewhat recovered from Lehigh/Mercer fiascoes, but it will take at least an elite 8 appearance to get all the bad taste out of our mouths.

Let's go Duke!

Remarkable considering how things looked after the Miami loss and knowing the tough schedule ahead. This team is far from perfect but they are incredibly tough and know how to win ball games.

Looking at the schedule, I'm not surprised we have 3 losses. What's surprising is who they're to. If in the preseason you would have said we would have three losses, I would have assumed we went 3-3 at Wisconsin, at Virgina, at UNC, at Louisville, at Syracuse, at Notre Dame.

Even assuming 3-3 there, it wouldn't have been hard to imagine another two losses on top of that considering road or neutral games against Michigan State, Temple, Stanford, and UConn, and the fact playing road games in the ACC is almost invariably going to result in an unexpected loss or two.

I think if someone preseason had told me Duke finishes the regular season with five losses, I'd have been pleased.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT