ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Commits

Oh good. They are still deciding. If they all come back, our 18 year olds are not beating them. We couldn't even win the last 2 with Banchero and Williams.
Roy had it down to a science on keeping UNC players. It was like he brainwashed them. Of course for so long they didn't even have to attend a single class.

OFC

Roy had it down to a science on keeping UNC players. It was like he brainwashed them. Of course for so long they didn't even have to attend a single class.

OFC
Now they’re saying Amanda’s coming back if he’s told for sure he’s going to the second round. Packer and Durham were all giggly about it the other day Durham has a very punchable face I’ve decided

The only thing I can figure is the players that Duke gets, while high character guys, they are expecting to leave after one year. The guys the Cheaters somehow believe getting to their second pro contract isn't that big of a deal.

Now they’re saying Amanda’s coming back if he’s told for sure he’s going to the second round. Packer and Durham were all giggly about it the other day Durham has a very punchable face I’ve decided
Bacot would never be a first rounder, he’s not an nba center

The holes have had 2 guys the last 5 seasons that were hyped pre season, Little and Anthony. Duke has multiple kids every season hyped. Some deserve it, some don't. Keels was pumped up so much in November, had the draft been then, he would have been a top 10 pick. We saw how that transpired. Solid ball player, but nothing that suggests to me he's ready for the next level. Same with Griffin.
Yet, we will most likely lose both, and instead of having 2 very good sophomores, we will start the cycle all over again.
Many say they can work on their game at the next level. True, but they could do that going straight from high school couldn't they? Or get quality coaching at college playing 30+ minutes a game, honing their skills.

All the while, Duke nation prays Love and Bacot bolt out of Chapel Hill.

This is pretty laughable. Bacot could come back for the next two years and still not get drafted in the first round. His father could be the GM for an NBA team and he wouldn't go in the first round. Why Bacot would tell anyone, "if I'm in the second round, I'm coming back to school" is beyond anyone.

If he's in the second round, he needs to leave, coming back to school will not help him magically jump into the first round.

The dance continues. Bacot has announced his return. Our guys will start announcing their departure after tomorrow. Next year, we get to watch UNC upperclassmen best Duke’s freshman. I’m over it

Hell we’d be giddy too if our whole team was returning!

Lively and Flip better hit the weights. Damn. Them staying negates our recruiting advantage.

I think our recent 2 losses to them makes it worse.
If Love leaves, it would help ease the frustration. I don't see any other player incoming or on the roster that will make up for the departure of Love. While I think RJ Davis is the better PG between the two, Love did have some huge games for them and I don't think they get to the final four without him.

Their whole team, minus Manek and Garcia is coming back. We're losing everyone. They're going to dominate us from here on out unless something changes drastically.

Reactions: germantondevil
If Love leaves, it would help ease the frustration. I don't see any other player incoming or on the roster that will make up for the departure of Love. While I think RJ Davis is the better PG between the two, Love did have some huge games for them and I don't think they get to the final four without him.
Love will be back

Love will be back, dude owns us. Imagine if GG reclasses and commits(prolly going to happen)

Their whole team, minus Manek and Garcia is coming back. We're losing everyone. They're going to dominate us from here on out unless something changes drastically.
They been dominating us. They have won the last 4 out of 5 games over the last 2 years and it will easily continue if most of the cheats players return. You dont replace experience in the big picture. Now they are returning a team with FF experience and a lot older. Get used to it. Duke is just like Kentucky. We display talented kids so the NBA knows where they need to draft them. Thats why they keep running this way. Instant playing time and no competition for their starting positions. Our upperclassmen are nothing more than practice players. But hey if you love watching the draft then by golly Duke is hard to beat on that night.

Love will be back, dude owns us. Imagine if GG reclasses and commits(prolly going to happen)

Yeah, if GG reclasses and everybody else comes back it'll be, on paper, maybe their best team over the last 10 years or so.

Edit: Guy on another board said he talked to a reliable AAU coach. UNC's expectation is a commitment and reclass from GG.

Last edited:
That is very optimistic for Duke. I am hoping for Moore or Keels back but I am not expecting it.

Reactions: KDSTONE
People tend to forget that Roach and Keels like playing together. I won’t be shocked if he returns.

Reactions: KDSTONE
I think UNC might be better without Love. I get the impression that he would rather turn pro. There are several tremendous shooting guards such as Terrance Shannon from Texas Tech who would jump at the chance to replace him

I think UNC might be better without Love. I get the impression that he would rather turn pro. There are several tremendous shooting guards such as Terrance Shannon from Texas Tech who would jump at the chance to replace him
The transfer portal does make recruiting a lot easier. My statement was more about the signed players coming in as well as the current roster, but sure, if a talented SG replaced Love, UNC wouldn't miss him as much.

Although, Love came up big at times as well as in the tournament. That said, I think the hardest one to replace is Manek.

Agreed!. You can fully stock your team with transfers 6'3" to 6'7". You can't risk hoping you will get a point guard or Center. Manek cannot be replaced with one player. He was North Carolina's best competitor and passer
The transfer portal does make recruiting a lot easier. My statement was more about the signed players coming in as well as the current roster, but sure, if a talented SG replaced Love, UNC wouldn't miss him as much.

Although, Love came up big at times as well as in the tournament. That said, I think the hardest one to replace is Manek.

The thing that hurts, at least to me, is that this was supposed to be the year we were better than UNC. They swept us last year. Next year we will be young with a new coach. So losing 2 out of 3, including the two that mattered, hurt. Who knows, maybe Jon will surprise in his first year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT