ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Commits

I agree with retiring that other thread. Welcome to Duke Tyrese. Come join the brotherhood Mackenzie tomorrow. Hopefully two huge pickups this week. Don’t forget Tyrese and Mackenzie will be playing in tomorrow Nike Hoop Summit game at 10 versus our three 2022 commits. Hopefully there will be 5 future Blue Devils playing.

I agree with retiring that other thread. Welcome to Duke Tyrese. Come join the brotherhood Mackenzie tomorrow. Hopefully two huge pickups this week. Don’t forget Tyrese and Mackenzie will be playing in tomorrow Nike Hoop Summit game at 10 versus our three 2022 commits. Hopefully there will be 5 future Blue Devils playing.
Damn is that televised anywhere? Would love to watch

Game is livestream at usabasketball.com tomorrow at 10 PM. Game is played in Portland. USA team will have Kyle Filipowski, Dereck Lively and Dariq Whitehead. International team will have Tyrese Proctor and Mackenzie Mgbako. This is usually the best high school all star game because they usually play defense. Stinks it’s not on ESPN or anything other channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
And now the same guy who said Nolan was coming to Louisville a few weeks ago is now implying Duke may lose a couple of recruits to them with Nolan leaving 🙄

That only happens if we're keeping guys from this year's team. And that's not happening. I would be shocked to see recruits decommit and follow Nolan to Louisville. That's some Jay Williams click bait right there.

That only happens if we're keeping guys from this year's team. And that's not happening. I would be shocked to see recruits decommit and follow Nolan to Louisville. That's some Jay Williams click bait right there.
There are rumblings and all one needs to do is see who Nolan was primary recruiter on. It’s the media I get it but one commit can’t sign an NLI yet and Nolan was the secondary on another . Take it for what it’s worth .
It’s a long off season.

There are rumblings and all one needs to do is see who Nolan was primary recruiter on. It’s the media I get it but one commit can’t sign an NLI yet and Nolan was the secondary on another . Take it for what it’s worth .
It’s a long off season.
Really? Maybe we do get Trevor and Wendell back then if this is true?

Really? Maybe we do get Trevor and Wendell back then if this is true?
I wouldn’t bet a bottle of Jameson on that . Although I’m a Moore fan I think he owes it to himself to see his position in the NBA. He gave Duke three years when he could have left after his first but he stayed. I’ll jump for joy if he returns but do the same if he gets drafted .

I wouldn’t bet a bottle of Jameson on that . Although I’m a Moore fan I think he owes it to himself to see his position in the NBA. He gave Duke three years when he could have left after his first but he stayed. I’ll jump for joy if he returns but do the same if he gets drafted .
I'm with you. I will cheer the dude on either way. But if you told me I could have this whole team back and lose every recruit for next season I would take it. Though I do realize that's not happening.

No I meant hoping guys come back. Last year I was told no way Steward and Hurt leave. And we just made the final four. I think Roach returns, but him pulling a Steward wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
No I meant hoping guys come back. Last year I was told no way Steward and Hurt leave. And we just made the final four. I think Roach returns, but him pulling a Steward wouldn't surprise me.
I’ve been told everybody who’s gone only one I look forward to coming Back is hopefully Roach and Blake’s . The rest are gone IMO

Reactions: christophero
I’ve been told everybody who’s gone only one I look forward to coming Back is hopefully Roach and Blake’s . The rest are gone IMO
I told everyone last season Stewart was gone .

I don't know anyone who thought Hurt would come back. Steward was another story.

It’s a long off season.
That’s a tough pill to swallow if we lose Whitehead (I’m assuming that’s one) and Mitchell

In my opinion if we do lose one I believe it will be Caleb Foster in 23'. He was Smiths top recruit, and the Oak Hill connection with Nolan. But I think it will have more to do with his reclassification. If he wants to come early and Duke wants him next year I could see him possibly going to Louisville... but all I'm seeing on is Social media pages are reposts about Duke Duke Duke... so hopefully he stays 23 or comes early and stays with us

Reactions: geddoughton23
It's true. After a season or two I forget who was here anymore. I have no connection with these kids anymore. I remember a guy named Zion Williamson played for us once upon a time, and that's about it lol.
IIRC, Didn’t that Zion dude go to Clemson?

Oh come on. Duke is still Duke and UL is still UL. UL hasn't done anything since what, 2014? What's the draw for a top prospect to go to UL?? As Pisgah says, clickbait all the way here.

Remember that time UL was up on us by 23 with 7 minutes left in the game? Yeah, that was fun!!

Looking ahead, do we have a big in the 2023 class? Are we going to go portal or that kid from Turkey, Stanley Borden? Or will Flip stick around for another year depending on how he does next year?

I have run out of ways to say that Scheyer is absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail. I have to assume that players love him, love the NIL opportunities and love the idea of being on national TV all the time!

If any of these guys are going somewhere else, they ought to stop posing for photos with each other and talking about coming to Duke. It's very misleading.:)

Somewhere I read that in a recruit's visit to Duke, they get a whole presentation by someone who is business-related about NIL opportunities. One recruit, again my memory fails me, was blown away with how well organized and professional the NIL opportunities are at Duke. I got the impression that it was head and shoulders over anything he saw at any other school. That right there might be one of the reasons Duke is doing so well. Along with everything else Duke offers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT