ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Predictions

Getting both Moore and Hurt back, in my opinion, makes Duke a potential final 4 team if they improve over the summer. Hurt needs to become a little more physical. Moore needs to get better at driving to the basket and improving his 3 point shot
You need good veteran play. Crazy calling a sophomore a veteran, but in this era of college basketball, it is about as good as we can expect.

I really feel that if Hurt does return, he's going to be the team's leading scorer.

I completely agree. He came in with the rep as a walking bucket. I think with the year of physical acclimation, we will see that offensive versatility.

I’m in the camp that sees hurt being our top scorer next season. Stay in the gym and you can see a big jump. He showed flashes but was a typical freshmen, inconsistent. To Huffys point, Kennard was the same way. I’m not predicting that kind of rise but scoring 17+ wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

I think Jaylen Johnson will be hands down the best player on next years team. However, I could definitely see a scenario where Hurt is the leading scorer. This would be great for Duke, a lot like in 2001 when Jay Will was the leading scorer but Battier was clearly the teams best player.

IMO the 3 biggest questions for next years team:
-How much better will Wendell get?? Some draft boards he shows as a LOTTERY PICK in 2021, so yeah, some people expect him to make a massive leap. This would be huge.
-Our 2 freshman guards, Roach and Steward. Will they be ready to start immediately? How will they defend?
-What will Mark Williams provide inside?? Can he be a long athletic freak who dominates? Or will he play like a timid freshman?

I seen where LSU(who some thought to be the favorite) has stopped recruiting Jonathon Kuminga . I wonder if Duke will have any interest in Kuminga again?
The article said there were concerns on how Kuminga would fit into the culture that will wade is building at LSU. Does that mean character issues or what? Sort of confusing situation.

Reactions: christophero
There have been some rumors that Kuminga could end up at Washington. They did bag Stewart last year.

Wonder why we backed off of Kuminga? Also, if Hurt is indeed returning, I think he could blow up next season for Duke and be a star. Looking forward to seeing what we put together collectively as a unit next year. Losing Tre's defense at the point will be tough to overcome though. JGold can bring Roach along hopefully. I have faith that he, Moore, and Hurt can be the leaders this team needs next year. Or that's my hope at least.

Wonder why we backed off of Kuminga? Also, if Hurt is indeed returning, I think he could blow up next season for Duke and be a star. Looking forward to seeing what we put together collectively as a unit next year. Losing Tre's defense at the point will be tough to overcome though. JGold can bring Roach along hopefully. I have faith that he, Moore, and Hurt can be the leaders this team needs next year. Or that's my hope at least.

I agree about Hurt if, in fact, he returns. Same with Moore. Both of those guys will get a run at being leaders and the opportunity to become solid, first-round selections. Their returns would make Duke a viable, national contender.

Looks like were gonna have another record breaking year of guys nationwide leaving early to go pro. Everyone (minus maybe UNC) is being gutted. UK looks like they are losing their whole starting 5, Kansas too.

My point being, we don't have much of an idea of how good Duke will be this early, a lot will depend on how much our experienced guys improve and of course how ready the freshman are. What we do know: college basketball is gonna be terrible again next season with the National Title being wide open.

Reactions: HuffyJB
Looks like were gonna have another record breaking year of guys nationwide leaving early to go pro. Everyone (minus maybe UNC) is being gutted. UK looks like they are losing their whole starting 5, Kansas too.

My point being, we don't have much of an idea of how good Duke will be this early, a lot will depend on how much our experienced guys improve and of course how ready the freshman are. What we do know: college basketball is gonna be terrible again next season with the National Title being wide open.

Under normal circumstances, the bulk of Duke's guys would be on campus together in like a month and a half to start working and building chemistry. They won't have that luxury this time. The flip side of that coin is that no other teams do either.

I would love later to see how the staff handled this: to see something like a video of Scheyer running Roach through a workout via a Zoom screen.

Reactions: jwill133

Villanova is going to be prettt damn good imo. Just got JRE back and are expected to get Saddiq Bey back. And if Bryan Antoine returns to form they’re going to be nasty.

Villanova is going to be prettt damn good imo. Just got JRE back and are expected to get Saddiq Bey back. And if Bryan Antoine returns to form they’re going to be nasty.
I think they’ll be filthy good as well.

I saw a mock that had Bey in the lottery. Got to think he'd be gone. They've had a lot of good fortune with guys returning. Wright didn't even play Antonie last year when he returned from injury.

UVA, Baylor, Zags, and Nova will all be top teams next season I think. We might surprise some people though if Hurt and Moore return, and guys take leaps during the off season. I could see Baker being an X factor for us off the bench next year. Johnson will be a damn star though. I think the ACC will be UVA, FSU, Holes, and us next season.

and we are back in Indy if Duke makes The Final 4. Duke is 7-1 in their last 8 games played in Indy, 5-1 in their last 6 NCAA Tournament games played at Lucas Oil Fieldhouse, and 4-0 in the last 4 Final 4 Games played at Lucas Oil Stadium. I like our 2020-2021 Blue Devils National Championship Aspirations

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
and we are back in Indy if Duke makes The Final 4. Duke is 7-1 in their last 8 games played in Indy, 5-1 in their last 6 NCAA Tournament games played at Lucas Oil Fieldhouse, and 4-0 in the last 4 Final 4 Games played at Lucas Oil Stadium. I like our 2020-2021 Blue Devils National Championship Aspirations
Who did we lose to? For some reason i can’t recall.

So will Virginia

UVA, with the quality player they just got from Rice, will be one of the big beneficiaries if the NCAA allows immediate transfer eligibility.

I don't know where things are leaning, but I really hope the NCAA does not make that ruling. There are already an unprecedented number of transfers, and immediate eligibility would make it like the wild west and players would be flying all over the place.

Reactions: timo0402
Yep. I understand the graduate transfer rules and for the most part support it in theory....but I think it's wrong to just allow kids the ability to transfer and be eligible right away. And I get it....coaches do it all the time and just up and leave, but I feel as though you're really opening something up if it's allowed for every student-athlete. You'll see transfers soar....and it's already ridiculous.

Reactions: mbdfan
Do y’all think we would have beat Louisville if that ware injury didn’t happen?

Do y’all think we would have beat Louisville if that ware injury didn’t happen?

Maybe. Simple analytics says it would have improved our chances. That said, Louisville was really good that season.

Maryland in the ACCT was what did us in that season. That game still bothers me.

Reactions: bfort2223
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT