ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Duke Lacrosse...

That game yesterday had my anxiety through the roof. Thrilled we made it back to Championship Weekend. Hopefully we can get a good week of practice in and work out any lingering issues before a very tough matchup against Maryland on Saturday.

I haven't seen this team play before this year (not on tv here) but I got the impression during the Loyola game that Duke could play better. They seemed to be missing shots close to the net that they normally would make. The Loyola goalie was great but no goalie should make that many saves against us. Hopefully, it was a just a bad game for us that we got past and will motive us.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I haven't seen this team play before this year (not on tv here) but I got the impression during the Loyola game that Duke could play better. They seemed to be missing shots close to the net that they normally would make. The Loyola goalie was great but no goalie should make that many saves against us. Hopefully, it was a just a bad game for us that we got past and will motive us.
Our offense was not flowing like it normally would. Sowers had an off game, in my opinion as crazy as that sounds with scoring 4 points, after the defense keyed on him. We need much better ball movement, and we certainly have the weapons available so that we don't need to be a one-man show with Sowers. Nakeie Montgomery needs to show out on Saturday to get us to the title game. He was practically invisible on Sunday.

Here's a good breakdown of the games in case you're interested:

Neither team showed up. Was tough to watch.
Really disappointed in how out of sorts we looked on Saturday against Maryland. We had the talent to win that, but our offensive sets were a complete disaster. Kudos to UVA and Maryland for playing a hell of a title game yesterday.

Sowers and Giles-Harris will be the biggest departures heading into next season, but we have a lot of talent coming back. Looking forward to watching Dyson Williams hopefully shift back to first-team attack in replacing Sowers.

In the national championship game five years ago, the defensive team smartly fouled with a few seconds remaining in regulation in a tie game to prevent the winning goal. Can someone explain where the ball is placed after the foul, and do they play the final seven seconds, or go straight to overtime?

In the national championship game five years ago, the defensive team smartly fouled with a few seconds remaining in regulation in a tie game to prevent the winning goal. Can someone explain where the ball is placed after the foul, and do they play the final seven seconds, or go straight to overtime?
Ball would be placed at or closest to the spot of the foul. The remainder of regulation would still play out if the clock stops with time left in regulation, with the fouling team playing a man down.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Thanks! It was the Maryland-UNC title game. I watched at the gym with the sound off. I guess time ran out in regulation. As I recall, Maryland started overtime about four yards from the UNC goal. I'm not sure how the Maryland player missed from that distance

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT