ADVERTISEMENT

"With title in hand, who's staying at Duke?" Herald-Sun

Go ahead and enjoy another year as kids, being a grown up isn't as fun! I do wish them nothing but the best regardless

It seems they might "unofficially" make a decision together. I don't think Winslow will come back unless the other two do...and Jones is the only one who might stay alone.

Duke winning and Jah's struggles (just in comparison to his season numbers) could be a small push for him to return.

Ultimately I would put the chances at 5%

I'd put them at -5% and not sure why anyone would think otherwise to be completely honest. They're all gone. And as we've said all year long, if they lead us to the place we think they can go and we hope for them to go, then we should all just help them carry their bags and say thank you. They'll always be Duke players and will always be part of the family. Thank you fellas!

I get your point Timo...listen anyone hoping they return is making a mistake because they will be disappointed instead of just enjoying what we got... but it wouldn't blow my mind if they surprised us.

Jones' NBA future playing time is questionable while Okafor's skillset is one that won't lose value unlike many prospects who may ride a hot shooting year or the perfect set of teammates.

Basically the downside for Jah is injury and for Jones draft position.

Again 5% but it isn't zero until they declare

"not sure why anyone would think otherwise"

Could be that they are savvy and mature enough to listen to others who have been through the process so as to recognize that an NBA career is short and fleeting and that they can gain a lot as students at Duke that will serve them well for the rest of their lives. They'll still have an opportunity to make obscene boatloads of money next year, the year after, etc. Tyus and Justise were academic All-ACC so it's clear that they are serious about their studies. If they're smart, they'll see it's not all about cash. They could easily look back on life as old men and feel that their time at Duke were the best years of their lives.

I wish them all well either way.

With a title in hand, I really don't care all that much. Whoever is sticking around will be fine with me. I just hope K sticks around for 5 more years. I enjoy Duke basketball no matter what when he's at the helm.

I would be SHOCKED if Winslow and/or Okafor stay. I would be pleasantly surprised if Jones stays. I'm not even letting myself hope that Jah and Winslow decide to stay, however, with Tyus I am letting a little bit of hope creep in.

Even though I'll be downright giddy if they stay, they need to go. Anything short of a National Title next year would be a failure and hurt their legacy.They'll be looked at next year like Kentucky was this year. What they did here was amazing and I think it is time to close this chapter and move on for these guys.

I think the only one it could hurt to come back is Justice. Just a lot more competition from year to year at his spot and size. If Okafor came back I could actually see him improving and bring the unquestioned number 2 unlike this year with Townes. Tyus could go either way IMO

They can do whatever they want, they don't owe me a dime . They said they were going to come to Duke and win us our 5th Ship'. They did it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT