ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UNC - FINAL FOUR - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Agree with this! Next year will not be any better. We will have some great players coming in but no big game experience. I don’t look for Scheyer to do what Hubert done this year with a young team
Facts, next year will be brutal, unc will basically get their whole team back outside of the beard

Reactions: germantondevil
I knew when the game was close we weren't winning. This team was good when it could win by 10 or so, but I hate to say it, Seth Davis is right. We had no clue what to do when things got super tight. We just don't have the experience, and Wendell will never be a go to guy in the clutch. We did make the final four and beat some good teams. But why did we have to lose to them. Ugh.

Missing those two free throws plus that horrible foul call on RJ Davis really screwed us. But we also had a few players with poor performances tonight which didn’t help.

I will say that it’s hard to not like Hubert. He genuinely seems like a really good dude.

Reactions: jeffrey236
That was ridiculous but we score 90% of our points in the paint but can’t get no fouls called on the defense! Unreal! Banchero gets fouled just about everytime he attacks the basket
This truly is UCONN in '04 all over again. We were ****ed tonight. Anyone with eyes that ****ing work could see it.

Reactions: Fourteen44
the bottom line is this.

we won games in the tournament when we hit free throws down the stretch

we missed FT’s down the stretch and lost. it’s that simple. we gave ourselves no margin of error
Last two games we missed two free throws in each game. I wonder if the moment got to us or was it the dome stadium?
VS-TTU 15-17
VS- Arkansas 16-18

Mark has defense but absolutely no post moves and for 7'1 gets dominated on the boards

AJ hasn't shown enough and has a slow release.

Keels has the body but will get smoked by shooting guards. He's just not quick and can't shoot well.

Wendell does everything average. He may have the most upside but he's also had an extra couple years of college over the other guys to improve.

Williams 16 mins / 4 fouls
Johns 14 mins / 4 fouls
That’s a bad stat line, but if I would’ve said that Banchero and Theo would outscore Bacot and Manek then I’m pretty sure that folks would’ve like our chances. The matchup that lost us this game was Griffin vs Black. Think everyone agreed that we could really help off Black to slowdown Bacot and Manek, which we actually did. No one saw a scenario were Black would outscore AJ and would make 2 more 3 pointers than AJ.

Black hadn’t hit a 3 pointer since February and hit two dagger 3 pointers against us which also forced us to not help as much off of him. AJ hits one outside shot and Black doesn’t suddenly find his 3 point shot and we win. It’s frustrating as hell but it’s why March Madness is so unpredictable.

Reactions: geddoughton23
You’ll get a great laugh.....😂
Not sure I’ll be laughing much for a spell but I’m game. Feel like I’ve been punched in the gut right now Didn’t drink last night cus I saw a sh storm coming and didn’t want to be hungover to boot. Did smoke the hell out of some cigarettes though

Two things:

1. Some of these guys are not first round picks. If they decide to go and it doesn’t work out, well, it sucks to suck. The eligibility rules can’t change fast enough.

2. Absolutely embarrassing and pathetic for Duke to walk off without shaking hands. It’s still part of the game and looks childish for Duke to do what it did last night.

Ready for the Scheyer era.

Two things:

1. Some of these guys are not first round picks. If they decide to go and it doesn’t work out, well, it sucks to suck. The eligibility rules can’t change fast enough.

2. Absolutely embarrassing and pathetic for Duke to walk off without shaking hands. It’s still part of the game and looks childish for Duke to do what it did last night.

We’re they supposed to stay and wait while unc celebrated? Dumb take sorry, and what eligibility are changing?

Two things:

The heels were celebrating for a while. How long were they supposed to wait. These guys aren’t robots. They were devastated. Cut them some slack

Not sure I’ll be laughing much for a spell but I’m game. Feel like I’ve been punched in the gut right now Didn’t drink last night cus I saw a sh storm coming and didn’t want to be hungover to boot. Did smoke the hell out of some cigarettes though
Have you ever seen what @Archer2 looks like? It’s awesome 😂. Napoleon syndrome defined.....almost as good as DRaymer or Dick from their board.....

he’s a “legit contractor” who literally hangs hat on gutter guards....

@Archer2 and @toophly1124 are next but I’ll wait until things slow down and they’re not expecting it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT