ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UNC - FINAL FOUR - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Have you ever seen what @Archer2 looks like? It’s awesome 😂. Napoleon syndrome defined.....almost as good as DRaymer or Dick from their board.....

he’s a “legit contractor” who literally hangs hat on gutter guards....

@Archer2 and @toophly1124 are next but I’ll wait until things slow down and they’re not expecting it.
Lol. toophly was smart enough to know where the line was last night to avoid getting his arse banned so he has at least a few iq points to rub together

Duke was either going to win by 15 if the game was 5 on 5 or lose by a few if it was 8 on 5. Williams got neutered in the first half and that was the game. Yes, we had a chance to win at the end but it shouldn't have been that close. Had we had game one's refs, it would have been a comfortable win. The calls on Williams were bad enough, but more importantly the non calls on UNC's bigs was really something.

Duke was either going to win by 15 if the game was 5 on 5 or lose by a few if it was 8 on 5. Williams got neutered in the first half and that was the game. Yes, we had a chance to win at the end but it shouldn't have been that close. Had we had game one's refs, it would have been a comfortable win. The calls on Williams were bad enough, but more importantly the non calls on UNC's bigs was really something.
I hate blaming the refs. But the truth is the truth.

Williams had a couple of very avoidable fouls...touch fouls....but the one that turned the game was the Davis one with around 1.20 to go...Roach played great defense, was in position and Davis was out of control and jumps into Roach...its either a no call or a charge...AND we got the rebound. To call a foul on Roach was laughable...even the commentary team gave it an "oh my"...we would have been up 1 with the ball..vs down one and then 2 missed FT...in close games these types of calls matter and we didnt get those...

Fell asleep and missed the second half. Was able to just now see a video of the Love 3 at 75-74.
I know officials will often let contact go at the end but that sure looked like an obvious illegal screen.
Duke still might not have won . Would like to see the phantom foul on Roach.

Trying not to be too critical of him, but the play late where Banchero blocked Davis’s shot then saved the ball right to Bacot under the basket was a dagger. Not only did the goon score, but Mark was in terrible position and compounded it by fouling.

Give it a week and rewatch the game and just pay close attention to what North Carolina got away with and the fouls called on Duke. Especially in the first half. To watch the first game and then watch how the BS was officiated in the 2nd is telling. The fact that Ayers and Boroski were picked for the 2nd game wasn't by accident.

Trying not to be too critical of him, but the play late where Banchero blocked Davis’s shot then saved the ball right to Bacot under the basket was a dagger. Not only did the goon score, but Mark was in terrible position and compounded it by fouling.

That one hurt for sure. We self inflicted pain on multiple occasions...touch fouls, turnovers when dribbling, cold players shooting 3's instead of going inside that killed potential runs...we were up 6 at the end of the first half and self inflicted a UNC run to cut that lead, up 7 in the second we shot early and from 3 and they went on a 13-0 run...basketball IQ and game management were missing at times. Those come with experience and leadership.. which have been thin for us for a while. We had functioned much better in the previous rounds, gone inside, drove the ball etc at the end...we abandoned that this game for some reason

Woke up this morning hoping it was a bad dream. In all honestly, of course I wanted Duke to win #6, but I was very happy we got to the final four and played a few nice games leading into New Orleans. Had we not lost to UNC I don't think it would bother me too much at all. But, losing to UNC in this games sucks badly. We were in a position similar to MSU and TT with 10 mins to go. In both of those prior games we dug deep, guys made plays on both ends, and we won. Last night we faded, just like we did in most of our losses this year. UNC made plays. We didn't. Their backcourt dominated. I thought the turning point was early in the second half when we were up by 6ish and they scored 11 unanswered in about 90 seconds, hitting three 3's after shooting 15% in the first half. Every three they made in the second half was contested. The officiating was terrible both ways. Roach didn't have the edge he had all tourney long. AJ looked very uncomfortable. Moore didn't step up and lead when we needed him. It's a lot of pressure on these young men. Last night they just couldn't deliver. :(

Woke up this morning hoping it was a bad dream. In all honestly, of course I wanted Duke to win #6, but I was very happy we got to the final four and played a few nice games leading into New Orleans. Had we not lost to UNC I don't think it would bother me too much at all. But, losing to UNC in this games sucks badly. We were in a position similar to MSU and TT with 10 mins to go. In both of those prior games we dug deep, guys made plays on both ends, and we won. Last night we faded, just like we did in most of our losses this year. UNC made plays. We didn't. Their backcourt dominated. I thought the turning point was early in the second half when we were up by 6ish and they scored 11 unanswered in about 90 seconds, hitting three 3's after shooting 15% in the first half. Every three they made in the second half was contested. The officiating was terrible both ways. Roach didn't have the edge he had all tourney long. AJ looked very uncomfortable. Moore didn't step up and lead when we needed him. It's a lot of pressure on these young men. Last night they just couldn't deliver. :(
You made a great point that AJ did not look comfortable at all. As a matter of opinion, he was like a deer in headlights in this game. As for the other guys, Roach played live a vet, but I was disappointed in how fast Moore played and how tight we were on the foul line. Perfect storm for a disappointing loss by a young team against a veteran team.

Blaming the refs is typical limp-wristed, Whiny little BIT*H stuff that Dookies do....you guys got your ass kicked and literally the entire college basketball world LOVES it right now!!...Hell half of you can't even spell on the board....'follow out?'..you mean FOUL OUT?..obviously that moron will never get into your beloved DUKE.....and yeah my team sucks too, always have..but it's just a game, not life, but make no mistake about it the State of North Carolina is Run and OWNED ..BY THE TARHEELS!! Suck It!!...We all LOVE YOUR TEARS...glad rat-face is gone!!

Reactions: xtarheelx
Williams had a couple of very avoidable fouls...touch fouls....but the one that turned the game was the Davis one with around 1.20 to go...Roach played great defense, was in position and Davis was out of control and jumps into Roach...its either a no call or a charge...AND we got the rebound. To call a foul on Roach was laughable...even the commentary team gave it an "oh my"...we would have been up 1 with the ball..vs down one and then 2 missed FT...in close games these types of calls matter and we didnt get those...
You did NOT get the rebound. Manek basically had an uncontested layup.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
remove me...why?? the truth hurts doesn't it??..Accept your fate...UNC owns you and literally EVERY. SINGLE. fan in college basketball fandom LOVES THIS ...and on behalf of said fandom..ummm WE HOPE IT HURTS!!
Dude go **** yourself

Like I said, you wish you had a coach to brag about. That’s why you’re in our board. You got a hard on for us
Absolutely not..i'm here to celebrate your loss and see all of you blame the refs...is it hard for your fanbase to accept that Carolina Blue rules the day??...

L O V E your PAIN...(((takes a step back and inhales deeply..lets it out))...ahh.. let us drink in your sorrow...BEAUTIFUL!!

Sadly, the majority of their fanbase that I encounter on a daily basis behave this way. It's their nature apparently. Most Panthers fans here are the same way too. It's insufferable.
insufferable...really..you've just encapsulated the ENTIRE Duke fanbase...you know why we all revel in your misery?..l'll tell you..just look at last night..your team got beat FAIR and SQUARE..stop with all the 'oh the refs stole it from us'..whiny crap...EVERY team that's ever lost an important game could say the same thing...all that does it just prove our point..your team LOST..deal...like Dana White always tells his UFC fighters.."don't complain, NEVER put the fight in the hands of the refs"... your team walks off the court without shaking hands..really?..Try some class hell even K stayed out and congratulated the UNC players..talk about insufferable..

insufferable...really..you've just encapsulated the ENTIRE Duke fanbase...you know why we all revel in your misery?..l'll tell you..just look at last night..your team got beat FAIR and SQUARE..stop with all the 'oh the refs stole it from us'..whiny crap...EVERY team that's ever lost an important game could say the same thing...all that does it just prove our point..your team LOST..deal...like Dana White always tells his UFC fighters.."don't complain, NEVER put the fight in the hands of the refs"... your team walks off the court without shaking hands..really?..Try some class hell even K stayed out and congratulated the UNC players..talk about insufferable..
It's nice to be able to discuss Duke basketball on a Duke board without trolls. DBB is that board. OFC

Blaming the refs is typical limp-wristed, Whiny little BIT*H stuff that Dookies do....you guys got your ass kicked and literally the entire college basketball world LOVES it right now!!...Hell half of you can't even spell on the board....'follow out?'..you mean FOUL OUT?..obviously that moron will never get into your beloved DUKE.....and yeah my team sucks too, always have..but it's just a game, not life, but make no mistake about it the State of North Carolina is Run and OWNED ..BY THE TARHEELS!! Suck It!!...We all LOVE YOUR TEARS...glad rat-face is gone!!
Ha! That better not be a UK fan complaining about people blaming the refs. You ****ing clowns are the worst next to UNC fans at starting threads about the refs allowing K and Duke to get away with “everything”.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
It's nice to be able to discuss Duke basketball on a Duke board without trolls. DBB is that board. OFC
Trolls you mean posters who call out your fanbase for the whiny, entitled, uneducated LOSERS they are?..Yep just consider me ALL of America as we celebrate the GLORIOUS tears of seeing a Carolina VICTORY and a lifetime ownership of rat face and their fans!!

Trolls you mean posters who call out your fanbase for the whiny, entitled, uneducated LOSERS they are?..Yep just consider me ALL of America as we celebrate the GLORIOUS tears of seeing a Carolina VICTORY and a lifetime ownership of rat face and their fans!!
Uneducated? Bitch your fans come from the trailer parks…😂

Are you really that into UNC basketball? Wow, I recommend unpacking your life and seeing what’s most important😂

@toophly1124 you better like my posts to show everyone who your daddy is.

There's a lot to unpack with what you're saying. For starters, it is pretty ironic that you are making fun of us when your coach had the worst season at Kentucky since the Titanic and couldn't beat a 15 seed with Calipari's oldest team ever and Player of the Year. Your board has more Duke threads than we do, which looks like you're obsessed with us. Then, you have 12 threads on how to fire Calipari. His new nickname is Can't Coach Cal (CCC), according to UK fans.

Now, you're celebrating a UNC win? If they win the title this year, they are only 1 title behind UK all time. I think if we took a vote, most fans would say that UNC will win another title before Calipari, who isn't leaving anytime soon.

I realize your fans have the NBA draft upcoming, so good luck with those that leave as well as your "none and done". Those will be great headlines and more "Fire Cal" threads to laugh at.

Lastly, you just lost the all time wins record to KU and they are still playing. So let's just take a look at the larger picture...since Cal has been at UK, he's been passed by KU for all time wins, doubled in titles by Coach K and Jay Wright, about to look silly if KU or UNC win a title, then his recruiting has taken a jump of a cliff.

If guess $9M a year and a lifetime contract doesn't buy what it used to. So, I think you've convinced yourself that those tears of yours and tears of joy, when in fact, they are tears of a basketball program getting passed by many other schools. I did love Calipari's press conference when he was introduced at Kentucky, saying he was going to catch UCLA in titles...ouch. It looks like he's going to get passed in titles and all time wins.

Good going, but as Calipari said after losing and getting outcoached by a team no one ever heard of, "it doesn't matter".

Are you really that into UNC basketball? Wow, I recommend unpacking your life and seeing what’s most important😂

@toophly1124 you better like my posts to show everyone who your daddy is.
If they are really that into UNC basketball then they have seen their fans whine about the refs and K’s influence on them for over 30 years. Hell half of his wins are because of the refs according to them….😂.
I will add it is very rare do I see most of the posters here blame a loss on the refs like last night. You might get one here or there but not like last nights game. I refuse to do it though. If Duke would have done everything else perfectly and the game was decided on one call then maybe. 60% from the FT line with some big misses coming at the end. Trying to save a ball fall from going out of bounds and throwing it back to the opponent underneath their own goal for an and 1. Not attempting any kind of defensive change whatsoever after they did the exact same thing to us at the end of the game in Cameron. Toss the blame to whoever you want, but using the refs is lame.

Reactions: Fourteen44
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT