ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Class Rankings

FearTheBeard

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2010
Personally, IDGAF if Duke is #1, 2, 3,...20, etc. The obsession opposing fans have with recruiting rankings baffles me. It's like they think they won't win a NC if they're ranked #3 instead of #1. NEWSFLASH: Talent isn't the only factor! It's almost as if they have such little faith in their coaching staff that they desperately rely on talent to make up for the ability of their coach. Do I want only 3-star players? No, but I'm not obsessed with the rankings. I'll take Coach K and any class he recruits over the opposition any day of the week and twice on Monday (the day the National Championship game is played). I worry about real championships; not paper championships earned on Draft Day or when recruiting rankings come out.

;)

Reactions: dbav
What would be nice if more stayed longer than one or two years. And, I do like those number one ranked classes.

I get the obsession with recruiting rankings. Sure they are not the end all for success, but it sure doesn't hurt. It also sets you up for future recruiting success. If you are having success with highly ranked kids, the recruits in classes to follow see that. It helps!

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT