ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Football 2023

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
We have one heck of a schedule this year and it is going to be hard to match our 9 win season from a year ago, much less, surpass it. Really love the energy change last year and our quarterback play was very good. We have 17 starters back (we are ranked 2nd in ACC on returning starters and their previous production) and are poised to give some really good teams all they can handle - and hopefully - AND THEN SOME!

Duke Vs. Clemson - I've got to pick Clemson here. BUT, we have 17 returning Starters that are bitter they did not get to that final ACC game with Clemson and offer us a little more returning experience than the ACC powerhouse. That gives us an outside chance. Clemson is not invulnerable and I'm hoping for the shocker.

Duke vs. Lafayette - Duke. Should be more of a practice game - and recovery if we got beat up at Clemson.

Duke Vs. Northwestern - Northwestern is desperately trying to recover. But this year they make their losing streak to Duke five in a row. Looking forward to their improvement and hope the new coach does well.

Duke vs. UCONN - Duke wins this one handily. UCONN just has not shown anything the last few seasons.

Duke vs. Notre Dame - I am going with my heart on this one. I think we pick up a couple of surprising wins at least and this is one of them. It is our second really big game at home. I think we pick up at least one of the two and just do not think Clemson will be it.

Duke vs. NC State - At home I give us the edge. I think we pull this one out.

Duke vs. Florida State - Florida State is IMO legit and they are also the only team in the ACC with a better returning starter/production rating than us. One fewer returning starters but better caliber of retrunees. Their offense should be clicking - and send us down there and it would be extremely tough to pull out a victory.

Duke vs.
Louisville - A second away game in a row. We could pull this one out. It is certainly more likely than us winning against Florida State, but I think we come up short.

Duke vs. Wake Forest - We are not dropping 3 in a row IMO. Duke last year was resilient and had their way with the Wake defense outscoring them and their record setting quarterback. This year it will be a solid W in the win column.

Duke vs. UNC - Every Duke player from last year has probably been thinking about this loss the most. We felt screwed, it kept us from playing Clemson, it was the dagger that turned a stellar season into a really good one. Vengence is ours.

Duke Vs. UVA - UVA is decimated. They lost too much offense. I think this year is ours rather solidly.

Duke vs.
Pitt - Pitt seems to find ways to win against us. They have a solid returning offense, our hope is their thin returning defense status. But I gotta give it to Pitt.

Duke 8-4 regular season.

Reactions: BlueBlackNWhite
I think you underestimate UConn. While I think we win, look for a tight game. Mora turned things around mid-season last year and is a very good coach.

BTW, I hope we kill UConn. Last time we played at UConn, our boys were young but we took them. We parked and headed to the stadium. Along the way (and after the game as we headed back), all we heard was F*ck Duke! and similar chants. Real classy fan base.

I think you underestimate UConn. While I think we win, look for a tight game. Mora turned things around mid-season last year and is a very good coach.
I'm not sure what you saw in them I didn't. They won 4 of their last 6, but their wins were against:

3-9 Boston College
1-11 Umass
4-8 Florida Intl.
Their best win was an 8-4 Liberty

They lost to a mediocre Army Team and a 5-7 Ball State Team.
They did play Marshall tough in the Bowl game, but really nothing they did that year except that was of any note. They got bowl eligible just beating worse squads.

I see a direct path to 7-5. I can't underplay the importance of the Cheaters game--it's key for us to win that one, and it will be demoralizing to have to watch the Cheats celebrate on the field again. I hope Coach plays reruns of the end of last year's game to our guys the night before the game.

I'm not sure what you saw in them I didn't. They won 4 of their last 6, but their wins were against:

3-9 Boston College
1-11 Umass
4-8 Florida Intl.
Their best win was an 8-4 Liberty

They lost to a mediocre Army Team and a 5-7 Ball State Team.
They did play Marshall tough in the Bowl game, but really nothing they did that year except that was of any note. They got bowl eligible just beating worse squads.
You’re correct, their wins were against weak teams. But compared to their early season results, they made a big turnaround. With some decent transfers in, and Mora coaching, I believe it won’t be a rollover - but I hope I’m wrong!

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT