ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke Vs Dartmouth

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Here we go!!

🏀 Game number 1
🕘 9pm on ACCN
📍 Cameron Indoor stadium
The older I get (33) the shorter these off seasons feel. Which is fine by me cuz I’m ready for some DUKE BASKETBALL. We come into year 2 for Coach S as hyped as we can be.. and for good reason. We return a plethora of talent that would make any fan drool. We may not be ranked Number 1 but don’t be confused, the college basketball world knows this is Dukes season.

Dartmouth of the Ivy League (predicted to finish 7th out of 8 teams) is coming into Cameron fresh off the heels of a 10-18 season. Coached by David McLaughlin who
Is entering his 7th year on the sidelines. Prior to Dartmouth he was the associate head coach and recruiting coordinator at Northeastern University. Prior to that he was the head coach at Division II Stonehill College where he made two final fours. Assistant coach Josh Einhorn is the only coach on staff that has any ACC experience.Josh was a student manager at Pitt until he graduated in 2016. He was later at BC as a Grad Assistant before joining the staff.
Fun fact, assistant coach Braeden Estes spent 10 days in Dubai working as a coach at the Mason Plumlee Basketball Camp.

Duke should run away with this one rather quickly.. I want to see no let down and the drum for us being Great get louder and louder.

Duke-102
Dartmouth- 63

Duke! No score .

Continue to work on defense and rebounding . Would like to see how the substitution pattern goes for this game .

Reactions: christophero
Would like to see Reeves healthy and playing, Power more involved and Young doing Young things. He looked subpar the last game, we need more from him when he's out there. Other than that easy win and stay healthy and get the freshmen experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke and gstarr
It will be close the first few minutes, prompting the boo birds to start singing, the "why isn't Reeves in the game" chant from others, and @christophero to hyperventilate.
We should start to see some separation at the 14-15 minute mark of the 1st half, with no looking back.

I'm not going to hyperventilate over Dartmouth. Michigan State maybe. This team will be fine.

Reactions: sheyduke
Mitchell out with lower body injury. When did this happen? We all know what this means for the next month. Smh

Yeah, everyone is generally going to start slow. Hopefully will get them ready for Friday. Look a bit weak inside so far.

Second part of the first half has been impressive.. that perimeter D is special… Demarcus Nelson looks good too

Reactions: GhostOf301
Jon is just leaning on more experience than anything tonight. Power and Sean will have a place in the rotation soon enough.

Good guard play overall. Blakes and Foster look really good.

I still feel Duke has a big hole in the post with Young playing the 5. He hustles but his lack of athleticism hurts, especially against high-quality teams. Time will tell.

Reactions: sheyduke and mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT