ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread ACC CHAMPIONSHIP- Duke vs UVAint

What a phenomenal finish to this season. Just incredible. No one wants to see us right now.
No they don’t. And they shouldn’t either. We may be a 4 seed, but not sure we couldn’t be seeded to a 3. What, 9 game winning streak, 24-8. Not like we’ve lost 10 or 11. And some teams ranked higher have been sliding.

Super win. Jon should show them the South Carolina game. Momentum is great but can turn on a dime. Be prepared! Still work to be done!
Short of a first weekend exit I can finally feel good about last year. It sucks we had to feel bad about a final four season because we lost to them. Where are they now?

Did anyone break something when UVA saved the ball on like 4 possessions that looked to be a turnover? Flinging the ball in and it went to the right person every time. I think VA player dribbled the ball on the baseline on that last one.

Key moment of the game, they cut Duke’s lead to six and Duke went on a 5-0 run with a Proctor 3 and Filipowski steal and dunk. (Finally a break out from a steal that Duke converted on after some misses.)

Kudos to Virginia and Tony Bennett, he’s a terrific Coach and they’ve had a fine season and both teams will have more to say next week.

Right now, Duke Blue Devils 2023 ACC Champions!

Im So proud of this team and coach.. this is a big middle finger to all the douche bags that said duke would suck and never do anything again after K retired. Conference champs in year one WITH his own team. So impressive. Go Duke! 6 more baby

Amen! Amen! Amen! I was talking with a good friend and fellow fan about this today. No one will ever do what K did, we all realize how amazing the 40+ years were in their totality. But can we not have Bubas Success? Bill Foster success? Vic Bubas went to three Final Fours and won four ACC Championships and had top 10 teams almost every year in that decade in Durham. John Wooden won his first title against Duke in 1964. Bill Foster won the ACC Tournament in 1978 and 1980 and led Duke to the 78 NCAA Championship game. His last team made the elite 8, knocking off Kentucky in the sweet 16 (in Rupp arena of all places).

Duke has won ACC Championships and gone to Final Fours with two non-K Coaches. (Actually Three non-K coaches after tonight’s game when it comes to the ACC.). Duke is too big a name and has too many players in the pros to suddenly wilt away just because the GOAT walked off into the sunset. And too much Tradition to disappear. 4th in wins all time, 5 National Titles, 17 Final Fours, 22 ACC Championships. Too many All Americans and great wins to count. That’s a Hell of a resume.

Last edited:
The team did some more evolving the last two nights, both Miami and Virginia threatened to win the games, The Blue Devils kept their composure and got the jobs done. Something they were not doing consistently from November through January. Keep Growing Blue Devils!

Exactly. Their arc of improvement is still going on, they needed all these games this weekend imo in addition to trying to get the trophy. It was a 2 for 1 essentially. They won the trophy and used the games to get better.

I just got home from Greensboro, ladies, and gents!!!!!! What a night!!!!!! I shed a tear right there in the coliseum. I've lost my voice. And had a blast. Way to ****ing go, Jon and this team....shew this is a group of fighters. ACC CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!! LETS ****ING GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT