ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread ACC CHAMPIONSHIP- Duke vs UVAint

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Jon makes the title game in year one, something we didn’t expect but exciting! He is proving himself and we are looking very impressive. Time get get back what is ours and put Virginia in their place.

Game is scheduled for 830 on ESPN at time of writing I do not see a line* at 130 am we are a 2 point favorite

I fully expect us to win the game and solidify a 4 seed (crazy that we’re in this position) we’re going to blitz them!

Duke-87
UVA- 65

On a side note I bought tickets to the Charlotte hornets game for tomorrow fully expecting duke to be safely at home waiting for Sunday.. the games at 7 and I hate the NBA so I told my buddy’s as soon as it’s over we have to run to a sports bar and catch the rest of the game haha

GO DUKE

Last edited:
Screenshot-20230311-001120-Chrome.png

Of the games I picked this tournament, I am 2-7 (did not pick 11-14, 6-11, 8-9, or 1-9). Only wins we’re lucky 12-13 and 10-15. I am not changing now. I am going Hoos…

I think we win. I'm still not sure if we are a final four team (we haven't beaten a legit top 10 team all year) but I think we win today and get a 4 seed. Anything is possible. We are certainly on a roll and the team is peaking at the right time. Fatigue could be a factor; we looked a little tired down the stretch yesterday, and Virginia can be a grind. Whitehead played great yesterday; he could be our x factor.

Last edited:
I think we win. I'm still not sure if we are a final four team (we haven't beaten a legit top 10 team all year) but I think we win today and get a 4 seed. Anything is possible. We are certainly on a roll and the team is peaking at the right time. Fatigue could be a factor; we looked a little tired down the stretch yesterday, and Virginia can be a grind. Whitehead played great yesterday; he could be our x factor.
I was thinking that too, but they did have Kansas on the ropes early the year, without Whitehead. Both teams have improved but I think Duke has improved more….

If a top seed gets upset early in our bracket, we could make the final 4 without beating a top 10 team. But I see your point, it would be nice to get one.

Matchups matter.. if we get a four and have Alabama or Houston as our 1 I’m confident in us making an elite eight.. Purdue is the team I want to avoid but still would be fine playing them cuz it means we survived the first weekend

Kansas is a toss up as stated we’ve improved more than them since playin.. ucla will be out west and I highly doubt we are.

Reactions: christophero
I wish I wasn’t so confident going into this game. It’s never a good thing. But I am. The blowout of Pitt followed by a really well played second half yesterday to hold off Miami has me feeling like we win handily today. Guys are sharing the ball well, not turning it over even under pressure, and just making plays. Roach didn’t have a great scoring game yesterday but under 2 minutes he pulled up confidently and nailed a 3. I’ll worry about the NCAAs after tonight. For now let’s finish this. Let’s go Duke!!

Duke 73
UVA 61

If Duke wins tonight, they move up to a 4 seed in Greensboro IMO. Would prefer to have Duke in the East (New York) with UCLA/Purdue or in the South (Louisville) with Houston.

I like our confidence but hope we don't get too cocky. Virginia has a way of mucking things up. Limit turnovers. Possibly grab a 4 if we win, could possibly be a 6 if we lose. We are 21 in the AP poll right now.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I think if Filipowski stayed 4 years (obviously no one that talented does that or ever will - but even if all players were playing 3-4 years) he'd be another Christian Laettner. Even one year (not happening) and he'd be incredible. Exact same thing with Proctor. Unbelievable.

UVA defense is good. Why aren’t we initiating our offense early in the clock. Everything is rushed?

No foul trouble. Let’s take an 8 point lead into half.

First team to 40 wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT