ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky fans are so jealous of Duke program

Duke was the best team last year. Kentucky was the second best team last year even though we lost to Wisconsin. Wisconsin had something that helped them a lot called the "revenge" factor. They had to keep that taste in their mouth from the year before when Aaron nailed that buzzer beater to send them home. Even with that, UK HAD and I emphasize Had, that game won until Cal went to stall ball. Some other facts, in my opinion, Coach K is the best coach ever, period. Cal, even though K has done great and is doing and will continue to recruit top classes, Cal is the best recruiter. K is the best in game coach no doubt. Cal is the master of the media and a great motivator. The two best teams in basketball now and in the future will be Duke and Kentucky. I can't stand Duke. I love it when my team beats Duke but the fact is, last year Duke was the best team. I love Cal and wouldn't trade him for Coach K BUT I feel if K had been coaching Cal's players last year and also with the Wall/Cousins team, UK would of been cutting down the nets both years. I love the rivalry and come in peace.
And my point is, if you feel that way, fine. But my problem are those that think and act like Duke does not have an argument. I understand the best team does not always win. But, earlier in this thread, I laid out a great case of why Duke had a dog in the fight to say they were the best.

And I am sorry, as a big believer in karma and being very superstitious, imho Cal pissed off the gods a whole hell of a lot more than would make me comfortable...

My argument is that by the time the tournament started, there were three teams who could claim a best team moniker, with Duke and UK a cut above the rest.

kwyjibos13 -- sorry I have to disagree. The best team did win -- that's why its called a championship. There are no astericks or air quotes -- just NCAA Champions. Single elimination in a 68 school bracket is a grinder. KY had a great team, they just fell short in crunch time. I don't want to take anything away for their season, but I am not going to apologize for my team winning it either. Sorry that is just my POV.

Can I be perfectly honest about UK. . The only time UK is of note to me is when we play them and beat them or they play UNC and beat UNC. Other than the fact I like seeing them lose to everyone but the Tar Heels I could care less and I wish this thread would just die because it's giving UK way too much attention. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT