ADVERTISEMENT

Is Carter staying???

You are almost definitely correct. And yet we as a board have built up these expectations based on him taking his time to make sure he’s making the correct decision. The minute he announces for the NBA you can set your watch that daggers will be thrown by this board.
If daggers are thrown, I'd be willing to bet that it won't be a regular poster that throws them. Most want him to stay, but understand him going. Out of the 4, he is probably the most liked

You are almost definitely correct. And yet we as a board have built up these expectations based on him taking his time to make sure he’s making the correct decision. The minute he announces for the NBA you can set your watch that daggers will be thrown by this board.

And you can name the posters now who will do it.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Count me among the people who were 100% certain he was gone. But hearing he has a televised announcement set today has dropped that confidence down to 75%

How do we know it’s on ESPN? Can’t they just tweet his decision at 12PM EST like everyone else?

How do we know it’s on ESPN? Can’t they just tweet his decision at 12PM EST like everyone else?
We don’t. Not sure who here misread what the tweet said- it simply stated it was being reported by someone at ESPN that carter would make his announcement at noon today.

Reactions: Baller224
I really don't think he'd make a big deal of it unless he is staying. But it is his birthday and it's a dream coming true. I did not expect this to even be a consideration by Wendell 2 months ago. Just goes to show he's a thoughtful and down to earth young man. Either way, grateful for his decision to be a Duke Blue Devil.

Reactions: HonkeyT
There is no indication that he is doing any sort of televised announcement. I think a video or statement will be released indicated his intention to declare, just as they were for the other guys.

I have not seen many if any kids go on ESPN to announce they are leaving college to go to the NBA. I may be wrong but I cannot remember seeing it.

I know nothing about Carter....however, Most of the time if you're returning you don't hold a press conference. At least...that's how it's always been at UK. Returning players either say nothing or maybe tweet something. Would be very odd to go on ESPN to announce you're not entering the draft.

I like that even so obvious a departure as Bagley said he was still deciding a couple days after the season ended. I can't think of a Duke player who did it any other way, unlike Ayton and Trier, who announced it in the postgame locker room. I suspect that's coached, that K lets them know how to cast themselves in the best light.

It's surprising then, that Carter is announcing that he is leaving with this level of hype. I would have expected it would just hit the news that he was leaving, not that it would hit the news that his announcement (about leaving) is going to happen later.

There is no indication that this is being televised from any reliable source. However, yes it appears the news will hit at noon today.

My guess is he’s gone, and he releases some sort of cool tribute video to all his social media platforms. Remember, he made the cool James Bond style video when he committed to Duke.

I completely misunderstood and misread....he’s not announcing on ESPN. He’s just making the announcement at noon and it’s being reported by ESPN. My bad.

I’d still be shocked if he was staying, but I was shocked to get almost 20 inches of snow this weekend, too....considering it was mid-April.

I completely misunderstood and misread....he’s not announcing on ESPN. He’s just making the announcement at noon and it’s being reported by ESPN. My bad.

I’d still be shocked if he was staying, but I was shocked to get almost 20 inches of snow this weekend, too....considering it was mid-April.

Me too but that tweet did cast itself as a ESPN announcement

I know nothing about Carter....however, Most of the time if you're returning you don't hold a press conference. At least...that's how it's always been at UK. Returning players either say nothing or maybe tweet something. Would be very odd to go on ESPN to announce you're not entering the draft.
We really don’t care how they do it at uk

Here is some info to consider.

He could declare and still come back. April 13th was the deadline for feedback...April 22nd is the deadline to declare...and May 30th is the deadline to announce you intentions to withdraw and return to college if you haven't hired an agent.

Now my thing about him making an announcement is that it means he's making a final decision. If he's announcing his return...he's shutting off going to the combine and getting any draft feedback on what he can work on for next season. Carter is a player that will 100% get a combine invite...I just don't think he would pass up getting the free evaluations.

The thing about him announcing now....it just seems like he's making a final decision to let K know what he's doing for recruiting and it seems like a final decision about hiring an agent or not.

2 days ago his mom retweeted a Michael Jordan meme saying how Duke fans need to get over the thought of him coming back. (Idk how to share it on here or I would..) I had a little hope until then.

2 days ago his mom retweeted a Michael Jordan meme saying how Duke fans need to get over the thought of him coming back. (Idk how to share it on here or I would..) I had a little hope until then.

Yes that's the key

Here is some info to consider.

He could declare and still come back. April 13th was the deadline for feedback...April 22nd is the deadline to declare...and May 30th is the deadline to announce you intentions to withdraw and return to college if you haven't hired an agent.

Now my thing about him making an announcement is that it means he's making a final decision. If he's announcing his return...he's shutting off going to the combine and getting any draft feedback on what he can work on for next season. Carter is a player that will 100% get a combine invite...I just don't think he would pass up getting the free evaluations.

The thing about him announcing now....it just seems like he's making a final decision to let K know what he's doing for recruiting and it seems like a final decision about hiring an agent or not.

Carter doesn't need feedback though. He's a top 10 pick right now. His decision isn't really about improving next season or where he'll be drafted. It's does he want to come back to Duke for one more shot at a title and another year being a kid, or doesn't he want to be a pro right now.

I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does. Him crying the last game showed how much it meant to him. Will always be one of my favorite players to come through Duke!

That's going to be the name of my debut album, "20 Inches of Snow"

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
If daggers are thrown, I'd be willing to bet that it won't be a regular poster that throws them. Most want him to stay, but understand him going. Out of the 4, he is probably the most liked
I liked Bagley a lot. Wendell was number two for me. As far as throwing daggers. It's whatever. He came in with the expectation of being a OAF. If he leaves, I will not look at him any different than I did last November. If he stays, he will be an automatic favorite player for next year. We as fans only have something to gain here, not really anything to lose if you look at what we are expecting.

I liked Bagley a lot. Wendell was number two for me. As far as throwing daggers. It's whatever. He came in with the expectation of being a OAF. If he leaves, I will not look at him any different than I did last November. If he stays, he will be an automatic favorite player for next year. We as fans only have something to gain here, not really anything to lose if you look at what we are expecting.

100% Agree

Fair levelheaded take

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT