ADVERTISEMENT

Is Carter staying???

After reading his Mom's most recent comments, if he stays he's picking Duke over her. So...he gone. :)

Still, like buying a lottery ticket. Until we know for sure he's not coming back, it's fun to dream.

I didn't really understand the comments she made about how if Wendell went to Harvard he was choosing academics, but if he came here he was choosing basketball. From what I understood he was always a one and done to most people, regardless of what school he chose.

He needs to go unless his last game (terrible and scared) is haunting him so terribly that he must overcome his demons to be able to play effectively at the next level.

He gone lol

Carter could be the #1 pick next season, but he could also be #4-6 like this year. I’m happy our guys are getting the attention. Also, attending Harvard is for the connections and the name, not the education. Go Duke!

He's waiting so we at the forums can get out our hopes up and then be crushed. I'm joking. He's not coming back, and Molly Ringwald is not knocking on my door tonight. :)

I mentioned this a while back that there may be a chance he comes back. The reason behind my insane thoughts is that he's into academics and had Harvard on his mind. I know like the rest of you he's pretty much gone and out of the four he's most likely to earn his degree at some point. The money is just too good to turn down and a the chance of injury is too high to jeopardize. He has already had some injuries. But in the beginning of the season if any of the four would come back it would be him in my opinion. I do think Bolden will be very good next year. Not a 20 ppg and 10 rpg but I think he can put up 12 or 13 ppg and grab about 9 rpg. which with the guys coming in will be enough. But just think . What if Carter does come back. :D OFC

Roaches have a better chance of overtaking humans and making us their slaves than Carter coming back

He is gone. He is probably waiting so each guy declaring gets their little time in the lime light after the announcement. Even if he did come back (which he 100% will not), there is not enough honey in the pot to keep all the players happy. It will be hard enough as it is keeping the players who are staying happy. That being said, I hope he comes back :)

Reactions: christophero
If Carter comes back we will win every game by more than 10. And monkeys will fly. ;) If Molly Ringwald knocks on my door tonight I will share the good news with all of you in the morning.

Let's all take a deep breath for a moment to be rational. He's gone

Wendell's reaction after fouling out in the E8 really stuck with me. WC was devastated. His mother's comments revealed they look at basketball as a pure business but maybe Duke was the first time WC felt part of a hoops family and that outweighs the NBA for one year. Remember WC is a 19yr old kid. Just a thought.

He is an intelligent and forward-thinking guy. I would think he is just being meticulous in his agent search. He is 100% not coming back to college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT