ADVERTISEMENT

Season ending thoughts

^ I hope you're right. I just see Hurley as a far superior tactician.

And I'd take Hurley's run easily. National championships are what matters. And Hurley won more, in absolutely dominant fashion.

Also, in the time frame you highlighted, I respectfully disagree that Cal dominated college basketball. As you'll recall, we won two national championships (10 & 15), went to the Elite 8 in 2013, and likely would've won 3 titles if Kyrie Irving hadn't gotten hurt in 2011. I'll take our run over his all day.

Last edited:
^ I hope you're right. I just see Hurley as a far superior tactician.

And I'd take Hurley's run easily. National championships are what matters. And Hurley won more, in absolutely dominant fashion.

Also, in the time frame you highlighted, I respectfully disagree that Cal dominated college basketball. As you'll recall, we won two national championships (10 & 15), went to the Elite 8 in 2013, and likely would've won 3 titles if Kyrie Irving hadn't gotten hurt in 2011. I'll take our run over his all day.
Right but we were also blown out in the Sweet 16 in 2011 and lost in the first round in 2012 and 2014. So yeah, again, in hindsight, lots of people take Duke’s 2 titles from 2010-2015, but at the time, UK’s 2010-2015 was certainly a juggernaut with a 38-2 and 38-1 season included. Duke nor UCONN hasn’t dominated the tournament like those uk teams did. We (Duke/UCONN) made the most of our limited opportunities and uk didn’t.

I agree with you that Hurley is the superior tactician and we certainly go back to back in 2011 if Kyrie is healthy all season. With our bad luck injuries in/heading into the NCAA Tournament, we are due for an injury free tournament that results in more titles.

I’m ready for the jon run
I certainly believe this. Undefeated at home in year 1 and ACC champs and an Elite 8 in season 2 with a win over a 1-seed and a mega class coming in year 3 along with some key returners…I expect 30+ wins and a Final Four (or more) and land the Boozer twins the following year and hopefully we’re talking Scheyer winning back-to-back and the world implodes!

Just kidding…on the world imploding.

I certainly believe this. Undefeated at home in year 1 and ACC champs and an Elite 8 in season 2 with a win over a 1-seed and a mega class coming in year 3 along with some key returners…I expect 30+ wins and a Final Four (or more) and land the Boozer twins the following year and hopefully we’re talking Scheyer winning back-to-back and the world implodes!

Just kidding…on the world imploding.
Haha would be awesome!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT