ADVERTISEMENT

Duke baseball -- 2024 season

Thanks, Conor. Is a sweep of Clemson too much to ask for? What the heck, I'll ask for it anyway.
OFC
Ha, it doesn't hurt to ask ... but I think Duke is in *great* shape with another 2 of 3 series.

I'm convinced that's all anyone should want in ACC series other than when you play one of the worst 3-4 teams.

Reactions: Willcampbell
Doing something a little different with weekend recaps ...

Here's the link.

It only has yesterday's win over Clemson in there so far. I'm going to update it after today's game, and then again after tomorrow's series finale.

Interesting stats: as of the 14th (before Clemson game) Duke was ranked nationally in the following categories:
Batting average.......10th
ERA..............................10th
Hits.............................8th (Ben Miller, 6th)
Home Runs................3rd
Runs...........................15th

Not shabby at all.
OFC

Our day 2 pitchers have been awful the last two weekends… what’s up with oschell? He’s been terrible
It seems like in trying to ramp him up to contend for a starting gig, he lost some of his effectiveness from last year. He looked great at WF last weekend and had a scoreless inning in the midweek series against Rider ... next outing or two will tell if yesterday was a blip in his return to form or more of a concerning trend.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Our second day pitchers are terrible.

I was tough on Belinson last year but it’s sad how much they have to use him. It’s like everyone has pitchers who can go 70-100+ but Duke has guys who can’t even go 30.

Our second day pitchers are terrible.

I was tough on Belinson last year but it’s sad how much they have to use him. It’s like everyone has pitchers who can go 70-100+ but Duke has guys who can’t even go 30.
"Terrible" again today. 5-4 over Miami. Horrible.
OFC

Conor, I saw that Ben Miller had to come out of the W&M game after being hit by a pitch, and didn’t play at all in this weekend’s series. I’m assuming he suffered an injury by the HBP. Can you (or anyone else) confirm, and do we know what his ETA for a return is? He’s having one of the best seasons ever for a Duke baseball player.

Forgot to pass along from this morning:

Ben Miller isn't in the lineup for tonight's game against Gardner-Webb and missed the Pitt series because of a hand injury. It's not a long-term injury, but he was expected to miss tonight's game.

He *could* be back this weekend at VT.

We really gotta stop letting these Mickey Mouse teams beat/ almost beat us. I know weekday games are different but come on.

Feels really mismanaged santucii there 😞

Beilinson for president 😤😤😤

Last edited:
Any thoughts or concerns on Beilenson longevity? He’s pitching a ton

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT