ADVERTISEMENT

Gameball: Duke Vs. Virginia Tech

Who gets the gameball

• Mark Mitchell - 8 pts - 8 reb - 1 ast - 2 blks (6 TO's)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kyle Filipowski - 14 pts - 8 reb - 2 ast - 1 stl (4 fouls)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Tyrese Proctor - 12 pts - 3 reb - 5 ast

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Jared McCain - 9pts - 10 Reb!!!! - 3 ast (he was everywhere)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Ryan Young - 10 pts - 5 reb - 2 ast - 1 stl (4 fouls)

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Jeremy Roach - 16 pts - 4 ast - 2 blk (an his "I got this moment" when he picked up the third foul)

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Well, I said if they played with intensity.... and we played with intensity.

Scheyer did not just watch the game. He was up as much or more than I remember seeing him. Hope he stays there - go ahead and remove his chair from the team bench.

Someone posted in the Game thread about how many quad 1 wins we have 5 - which is quite good, and that our winning percentage of quad 1 wins was the highest at .883. It puts it into perspective a bit of how much we expect as fans. BUT - I still have the counterpoint that we just have not passed the eyeball test in very many games.

Anyway - back to the game. The charges were a surprise - the sheer number of them. We have barely seen charges called this year and then three in about a minute? I won't say they were bad calls (well except the last one on Flip - that one was ridiculous) because they did not show the replays of Roach's.

We played pretty well throughout the game - though we seemed to lose focus at the end of the first half. Got lackadaisical with the ball and took a couple of plays off - it cost us a chunk of our lead.

We had no one "go off" offensively, instead it was nicely balanced. Everyone played well and passing was back in style. Need some free throw drills though.

Young. He's gotten a lot of crap this year, sometimes rightfully so, but he just keeps on trucking. He is just so persistent. He also leads by example. We need a Young/Theo type every year on our team.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT