ADVERTISEMENT

Is Carter staying???

Lol. So he’s a POS for pursuing his dream of playing in the NBA? So basically he was that even when he committed to Duke since everyone knew he was going to be OAD. A grown man calling a teenager a POS for trying to make a better life for himself and his family is a despicable little man. I hope you aren’t a representation of the fan base

You're not a very bright guy, are you?

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Sour grapes. They didn't choose Duke to use Duke for one year, Duke chose them to use them for one year.

It's not sour grapes at all....I don't disagree with his decision.

It's just sound silly to me when you start using words like "brotherhood" when you were only there for a few months.

I'd rather save that for the guys who stayed and won. Otherwise, it's just a cute saying that has little meaning.

Congrats, Wendell! Go make the Duke brotherhood proud!

It's not sour grapes at all....I don't disagree with his decision.

It's just sound silly to me when you start using words like "brotherhood" when you were only there for a few months.

I'd rather save that for the guys who stayed and won.
I get it. But this era in basketball isn't their fault. So if they are coming to Duke for one year instead of unc, thank them for choosng Duke. I will propose a compromise. If the OADs start playing defense, can they be part of the brotherhood?

Reactions: Dattier
Not sure why they bothered with a "he is conflicted" story. Conflicted? Fine, keep talking it over with your family. No need for the family to be making public comments.

Good luck to Wendell; really great ballplayer. Wish he had come back, I think we would have been as much a shoe in for a title as anyone has been for a while.

Lol. So he’s a POS for pursuing his dream of playing in the NBA? So basically he was that even when he committed to Duke since everyone knew he was going to be OAD. A grown man calling a teenager a POS for trying to make a better life for himself and his family is a despicable little man. I hope you aren’t a representation of the fan base

I really liked Carter and wish him well. Would love for kids to stay around longer but it makes zero sense to pass up that kind of money. Do your thang in th NBA big fella!

Reactions: hpnole
Not sure why they bothered with a "he is conflicted" story. Conflicted? Fine, keep talking it over with your family. No need for the family to be making public comments.

Good luck to Wendell; really great ballplayer. Wish he had come back, I think we would have been as much a shoe in for a title as anyone has been for a while.

Deff agree with this. He knew what he was doing the whole time. Sure he may of wanted things to go differently but honestly you're a top 10 pick. It takes two type of people to come back when you're going that high

Best of wishes. Carter was one of my favorites this season and look forward to watching him play in the league

Deff agree with this. He knew what he was doing the whole time. Sure he may of wanted things to go differently but honestly you're a top 10 pick. It takes two type of people to come back when you're going that high

If he DIDN'T know, no need to make it public.

Reactions: pisgah101
Some people just can’t help themselves. The rules say that a player must wait a year before going to the NBA. Common sense says that a player who is guaranteed millions of dollars should go collect those millions of dollars as soon as they can. Wendell Carter was every bit a part of the brotherhood as any other Duke player. Get over your own inability to handle disappointment.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Best of luck Mr. Carter JR. You will always be a part of The Brotherhood. Now, go make millions and live your dream.

Best of luck Wendell and thank you. An Elite Eight is a season most schools dream of, yet at Duke it's a mild disappointment. I think we had a good year. Here's hoping Bolden comes back and AOC, White and Javin make leaps. They could all be glue guys for us.

Reactions: hart2chesson
You're really into questioning the intelligence of fellow posters. Smart people don't feel the need to do that. Pot, meet Kettle.
You are completely off base here. One of our guys was making a joke, some random UK fan completely missed it and lambasted our poster, hence the you’re not that sharp reply.

A bit. Why bother with the whole "Well, we are still thinking about it, we love Duke!" thing on national outlets like ESPN? Just think it over, and say that stuff when you announce what you are doing. I just don't get the point, otherwise.
I figure they had people asking non-stop so they put something out there to get some peace and quiet. Our unrealistic expectations aren't their responsibility.

Reactions: GAAP and chov1125
Best of luck to Carter in the NBA. He’ll always be a Dukie. I look forward to hearing how he took classes in the offseason and graduates in s few years.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you were smart enough to read the spoiler.

giphy.gif

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT