ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Not much to say here. We all know this is a must win if we want to stay in the ACC regular season race.

We have the G.O.A.T. preparing us and a hungry team that doesn’t want to get swept in the regular season by an inferior team (no disrespect to Syracuse - just the truth).

We will find a way.

Tonight’s game is slated for a 6pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD. Duke is currently favored at -4.5 - I think we will cover.

Duke 78

Syracuse 70

GO DUKE!!!!!

I hope @dukehokie is right in his prediction on the podcast (OTPC) but i think it’s closer. My score OTPC, let’s Go Duke!

Duke 90
Syracuse 78

I’ve heard rumors that Jim Boeheim isn’t going to be coaching in this game based on what happened but regardless of that I think we win because the team will be prepared knowing that Zion won’t be playing unlike the UNC game.

Duke 68
Cuse 73

I said Duke loses 2 more games total without Zion (assuming he’s out a few weeks), and this was the first. I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong. 2 offensive options against the zone won’t cut it.

After these two losses? A winning streak to end the season.

Last edited:
Without Zion this will not be easy. I believe we win a close one in the end! Please no more injuries!!!!
OFC

I don't know the kids personally on the team. I can say that were I in their shoes today I'd take the court knowing that I have something prove. I'd want to beat a team that beat us before and I'd want to prove that my team was more than just one incredibly amazing basketball talent. I'd want to prove that we all agree that Zion is a beast, but that we have some skills of our own and we are a great team without him and potentially unbeatable with him.

If they take that approach to today's game, Duke win's by 25+
If they are still in shock over Zion being out, then it's 'Cuse's game to lose

Reactions: christophero
I'm nervous but I think we take care of business and win by 6. Bolden will be a factor. Some offense from Jack would go a long way.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
The collection of guys not named RJ or Cam have to score at least 30-40. Very tall task, but doable.

Reactions: christophero
Duke is winning this game. I’m not sure how it goes down but Duke is winning this game. I might be dead wrong but I’ve felt great about this one since yesterday.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Unless we make shots from 3 we won’t win. I do t see that happening now, shooting in a Dome is tough.
Syracuse 68
Duke 63

A lot of "extra" stuff going on in this game. Both teams will be playing with a little extra emotion. Obviously we are going to have to hit some 3s, I just hope it's not 6-43. I trust Koach will have them ready. Either way, Let's Go Duke!!!!!!!!

Duke 72
Cuse 68

Definitely nervous about this one. With no Zion against the zone it’s gonna be tough. Hope we can make a couple 3’s but if not i pray we don’t just jack them up. And i have that feeling cuse is going to play inspired for coach boeheim. I’ll be very pleased coming away with a dub in this. Think we can but it’ll be tough

Coach K has had time and the guys know they won’t have Mt Zion but we should get the W and revenge

Stick RJ at the logo to play Zion role.

Jack or AOC do anything we win 75-69

They play like they have been cuse 72-65

Look, I'll just say it. Right now I don't have faith in our guys not named RJ and Cam to provide enough scoring without Zion. I hope they prove me wrong tonight.

That zone is going to beg us to shoot threes and we're already in love with following on our sword as it is.

Until some other guys step up I’m not sure this is winnable without Zion, not to mention battle lives to play us.

Cuse 69
Duke 64

Until some other guys step up I’m not sure this is winnable without Zion, not to mention battle lives to play us.

Cuse 69
Duke 64
It seems there is always that one player that Duke recruited but didn’t get that always plays well against Duke.

We need to penetrate their zone. Can't shoot 40 3's and expect to win. I think our guys step up and a surprise player has monster game.

Duke 83
Cuse 69

Duke has made adjustments and I think they win. Plz Duke don’t stand and chuck up threes. Be patient with every possession!

Duke: 74
Cuse: 65

Let’s go Duke!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT