ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE NCAA TOURNEY 2ND ROUND OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Someone tell me where the charge was please?
no call on the goal tending it was a block then the clear foul was a block .
this game isn’t going Dukes way!

Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Yeah the officiating is terrible.

The no call ok goaltending led to a two pt for them and the no foul call on Mark led to another.

The charge just called was pretty weak also…they are not doing us any favors.

Reactions: sheyduke
Let’s get into halftime tied. I feel like MSU is throwing haymakers. Weather the storm and then put the hammer down. Pls Mr Banchero do not take another 3 this year. Post up and get yours.

The two non calls was four pts for us lost and also turned into four pts for them gained.

The challenge with Keels and Banchero is they were dominant in HS and never learned to play really intelligently.

Awesome one play. Bad decision next. Both have made poor decisions. Especially Banchero. Take better shots!!!

Have to stay physically strong for 40. And have to hit open 3s.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
What I’ll never get is: you have success driving and then on next possession settle for a contested three. Keels 😳

otherwise they’re settling down. Time to put their foot down.

The challenge with Keels and Banchero is they were dominant in HS and never learned to play really intelligently.

Awesome one play. Bad decision next. Both have made poor decisions. Especially Banchero. Take better shots!!!

Have to stay physically strong for 40. And have to hit open 3s.
They gotta realize how important every possession is in games like this. It's win or go home!

Feels like this is our chance to break it open a bit if we would settle it down on offense.

I would like to see Mark get subbed out here and protect that one foul for a bit while we are up.

Man, just win this game. Get three days off after that. Just find a way to win. Le go!

Stop. Shooting. Threes. With 25 seconds on the shot clock. Just stop. Feel like we should be up 10.

Izzo complaining about shot selection. Lol.

That’s what Duke coaches should talk about

Had our chance to blow it open and didn’t get it done. Now we get game pressure the rest of the way….

Gotta find a way to steal some minutes from the bench and still hold this lead. Our guys gonna be wore out of we can't extend this lead

Unbelievable how well teams shoot against us every single game. Like wtf. No way this MSU team should be in the same gym.

We’re playing well but we’ve made some really bad decisions to keep them in it. That block on mark Williams much earlier was a joke

Unbelievable how well teams shoot against us every single game. Like wtf. No way this MSU team should be in the same gym.
They are getting the dribble penetration and switches or lost assignments they want. Everyone has for a month…have to change the defense some. K won’t do it….

Should be no shot until ball touches the paint at least once on offense. AND CLOSE ON SHOOTERS ON D!

State made seven straight shots…five of them threes….

MSU shooting 70% from 3.

70%.

Man, let AJ be as wide open as their shooters. I will take that all day. For some reason, we aren’t a screen away from doing it. They get one screen on us and guy is wide open smh better make adjustments

Up by 4 at the half.
Letting them hang around.
I will focus on the positive.
Moore getting called for that same charge for 3 years now. Smh.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Part of me feels like State can’t keep that up and we win going away…

The other part is like this is our defense so they will continue that shooting….and it’s a lot harder for us to score. I don’t expect Paolo to hit two more threes like that…

Reactions: Duke Blu
I’ll take the lead. Need more help besides just Williams and Paolo scoring . Your not doing anything with Brown except crowd him early but the hedge screen was a good one when he hit that second on a row.

Reactions: Mac9192
It feels a little disappointing that we’re up 4. Maybe I’m greedy, but think we should be up 8 or more. We have a way of making guys look like all Americans.
I don’t understand why we keep doing the same thing. Thank goodness we have Mark Williams on d, and good to see Banchero have a good half.

I can’t watch the second half live due to a conflict. I’m out. Here’s to good mojo in the second half! Cheers!

PS - Duke only has 3 team fouls. That’s good news.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT