ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

FT's 50%( just over thanks to two late ones!)....yikes! but a win is a win. No shots for Joey either which is a bit strange too. Just shows on any given night it could be any player..AOC picked up that production tonight. Good win, good learning experience in the second half!

Too close for me. My heart can't take very many like this. Defense won this game for us. We got to start making free throws. We won tonight with poor free throw shooting. Sooner or later it's gonna bite us. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Tech has a decent defense (31st per KenPom) but an aweful offense (210th per KenPom). So expect it to be closer than normal. I think they’ve also just got some players back that were injured and one transfer eligible. Duke should win, but don’t expect another 30 point win, especially down a starter.

You sure? Carey only had 3, same as Jav. Either way, people gotta stop bitching about Javin. Dude just iced the game on both ends.
Pretty sure he was going to go Defensive then offensive substitution but Jav made the block and then we got fouled and where up two possessions. Made sense to leave him in on defensive possession again. I know Carey only had three but he could of got four and we could of went to overtime. It just really worked out perfectly..could t of asked for a better possession and then another from Jav.

Reactions: Shatterthesky22
Not sure why K is suddenly playing Goldwire almost an entire game. He definitely deserves minutes with his defense, effort, and his ball handling. But this year Duke is best when they are utilizing their deep bench (and its really deep this year). At the end of the day Goldwire scored two points with two turnovers and is generally not respected by the opposing defense on any offensive possessions.

Not sure why K is suddenly playing Goldwire almost an entire game. He definitely deserves minutes with his defense, effort, and his ball handling. But this year Duke is best when they are utilizing their deep bench (and its really deep this year). At the end of the day Goldwire scored two points with two turnovers and is generally not respected by the opposing defense on any offensive possessions.
Nah. Goldy more than makes up for it with his defense, ballhandling, and tenacity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT