ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Another night, another road game in the ACC for these battle-tested Dukies. We’ll face Georgia Tech, whose coming off of arguably its poorest performance of the year in a 96-83 win over Carolina in the Dean Dome. A game that if you were able to catch, was very clear that Georgia Tech played down to the level of its opponent and muddled through the win from start to finish - a win they’ll take for sure, but where they were understandably disappointed in their performance simply because of how bad they played.

Ok, ok, I’ve dug enough lol. Onto tonight. Tonight’s game is slated to tip at 9pm est and will air on the ACC Network. Duke currently sits at a -12 favorite and like Saturday, I think we cover (we covered EASILY) Saturday. In full disclosure, my confidence comes from just how strong this team has looked in every road game this year.

Duke 85

Duke 69

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke and AOC and Baker show out tonight.

We've been on a roll lately. Not being a downer, but I keep waiting for that one game where we just stink it up. Hope it doesn't happen.
Duke 82-74.

I think we are going to miss Wendell’s versatility. Not just tonight, but the whole time he is gone. He can guard 1-4, bring the ball up as a point-forward, throw over the top on traps, shoots 43% from deep, and can get in the lane. He’s the only one on the team with this skill set. If he stays another year, he very well may be an all-American.

We are still deep and should win comfortably. But its a shorter bench and less room for error.

Duke: 84
GT: 62

I think we are going to miss Wendell’s versatility. Not just tonight, but the whole time he is gone. He can guard 1-4, bring the ball up as a point-forward, throw over the top on traps, shoots 43% from deep, and can get in the lane. He’s the only one on the team with this skill set. If he stays another year, he very well may be an all-American.

We are still deep and should win comfortably. But its a shorter bench and less room for error.

Duke: 84
GT: 62

Yes we will

Only TWO of Duke’s wins have been by less than double digits (KU 2 & GST 9).

This one is no different:

Duke 84
Tech: 68

GT won't be getting to every 50/50 ball and offensive rebound like they did against that "not very gifted" team. Would love to see 40 minutes of high intensity defense and rebounding......the rest will take care of itself.

DUKE 84
GT 68

Tech has a decent defense (31st per KenPom) but an aweful offense (210th per KenPom). So expect it to be closer than normal. I think they’ve also just got some players back that were injured and one transfer eligible. Duke should win, but don’t expect another 30 point win, especially down a starter.

Another night, another road game in the ACC for these battle-tested Dukies. We’ll face Georgia Tech, whose coming off of arguably its poorest performance of the year in a 96-83 win over Carolina in the Dean Dome. A game that if you were able to catch, was very clear that Georgia Tech played down to the level of its opponent and muddled through the win from start to finish - a win they’ll take for sure, but where they were understandably disappointed in their performance simply because of how bad they played.

Ok, ok, I’ve dug enough lol. Onto tonight. Tonight’s game is slated to tip at 9pm est and will air on the ACC Network. Duke currently sits at a -12 favorite and like Saturday, I think we cover (we covered EASILY) Saturday. In full disclosure, my confidence comes from just how strong this team has looked in every road game this year.

Duke 85

Duke 69

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Their poorest performance of the year...lol....really

The Yellow Jackets aren’t as bad as their record would indicate....they’ve been down some pretty key pieces that are now back in the lineup.

We should win, but I don’t know that I’d predict as comfortably as most of you. My guess is Duke by a dozen.

Reactions: Quavarius
Still very young, and never know what you will get from game to game. GT hangs their hat on defense, but so do the Devils; GT struggles to score, but the Devils don't ;)! Duke will cover the spread +.

Go Duke!
OFC

Okay. So hear me out. We’ve seen Hurt Alex and Baker go off solo...could you imagine if all three went off in the same game?! We’d make 15+ 3s.

anywho- perfect opportunity against a weak zone.

Duke by 26

I can’t wait to play UNVG ! HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!

I'll be in the building tonight so they better win. The last time the wife and I got to watch them was the ACC Championship game in 2009 before heading back to Liberia on a Dept of State Contract.

Duke-83
Tech- 68

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT