ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
My fault everyone- I was going to do this last night and got home super late because of a snowstorm.

Today’s game will probably be our toughest test of the year. Playing in Tallahassee has always been difficult for us-but I love the challenge. We are playing at our peak right now and if we don’t get rattled by the environment, I believe it continues today - but it’ll be close. We currently sit -7.5 - which I don’t think we cover, but I think we win!

Today’s game is slated for a 2PM est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 83

Florida State 79

GO DUKE!!!!

Reactions: Showenuff
Couple of thoughts. First, I’m glad we got two ACC games under our belts and one being on the road. While FSU is much better than Wake, it will hopefully have our guys settled a little. Second, defense travels. Our issues the past few years has been poor defense on the road. We are an excellent defensive team and hopefully it forces turnovers to get easy buckets. If Duke plays their B game, they should win.

Duke 85
FSU 72

Thanks for getting it started K-ville! I definitely don't think we're playing at our peak, at least I hope not. Cam's got to get it going for us to reach our peak. I hope it starts today.

Duke 81
FSU 73

We got them right where we want them. One of Florida State coaches called him Zion Smith. Big game for Zion coming

Don't anyone worry, 'cause I'm worried enough for all of us! I mean Hamilton & FSU always give us fits, and this is a game they are going to be stoked for...especially considering the 'Hoos beat 'em like a drum.
Going to be tough to get a win, but I think we will...but I won't be surprised if we don't.
If we do lose, I hope the board doesn't have a meltdown.

Duke 74
FSU 71

OFC

My fault everyone- I was going to do this last night and got home super late because of a snowstorm.

Today’s game will probably be our toughest test of the year. Playing in Tallahassee has always been difficult for us-but I love the challenge. We are playing at our peak right now and if we don’t get rattled by the environment, I believe it continues today - but it’ll be close. We currently sit -7.5 - which I don’t think we cover, but I think we win!

Today’s game is slated for a 2PM est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 83

Florida State 79

GO DUKE!!!!

Whew!!!! Thank goodness for HD!!! OFC

It's not necessarily playing at FSU that scares me as much as Dukes penchant for playingterribly on these early Saturday games. Some of our biggest no shows in history have comeat this time, so this alone has me nervous.

If the "D" shows up talking and helping, and we can stay out of foul trouble, Duke will cover the spread and get a big road win.
Go Duke!
OFC

It's not necessarily playing at FSU that scares me as much as Dukes penchant for playingterribly on these early Saturday games. Some of our biggest no shows in history have comeat this time, so this alone has me nervous.

I hate when ANY game starts before dark. Basketball is meant for beer, hotwings, and night time!!

Expect a real battle. Going to be loud, and Zion must stay out of foul trouble.

I’m as nervous as when Ipsy sees blue lights.

Last edited:
If Zion can stay out of foul trouble, and defense is great, which it has been, I think Duke will be fine and pull out the W, but I think it will be close though.

Duke:84
FSU: 75

Let’s go Duke!!

Heels looking like $hit today, so much for Little being better than Zion.

I picked us to lose 4 this year preseason, this is one of them. Hope we can pull it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT